Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

B_Wayne wrote: »
    You've ranted about proof, come on and give me some proof that being transgender impairs one's ability to drive. You're not going to find anything about increased likelihood of accidents. There's not any, it's bigotry dictating what is and isn't okay. You are so full of rubbish but can never back it up. It would be hilarious if your views weren't so awful.

You think gay people being openly in a relationship is propaganda, this highlights one thing. It's not propaganda, it's that you don't like people being in relationships with people of the same sex. It's not a justified law and the vast majority with some basic non biblical common sense recognise this. You hate acceptance, what has happened in terms of human rights for many in Russia is Jim Crowe era styles of law.

The fact that you discount human rights groups means you will discount everything. For example there was a journalist on Marian Finucane this morning explaining his experience in Russia. A group that basically inform journalists which he had gone with were labelled as foreign agents of the United States. They weren't but it's the paranoia that is bred in modern Russia. It's not a particularly democratic state and you'd have to be deluded to think it is.

I assume the 'kill the gay' law in Uganda was also merely western propaganda. Now, read Russia Today for the remainder of your day cause you appear to be as exposed to propaganda as much as any fox news viewer.

The US have a long history of infiltrating aid groups and charities to further a political agenda or to spy on members. The plethora of NGOs and centers for "American Studies" are very often front groups for surveillance.
    Russia's paranoia is probably justified.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    From Rt.com (which is a source you seem to respect and trust):

"Russia’s new road safety rules have expanded the list of medical conditions preventing people from get a driving license to include sexual disorders, which covers all transgender people, bi-gender, asexuals, transvestites, cross dressers and others.
    Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev signed a decree on December 29 last year, which came into effect on January 6, 2015."

http://rt.com/news/221235-russia-driving-ban-transgender/

Whoa!!

You slate RT as a propaganda tool when its message is one you don't like but then it's a perfectly respectable medium when the opposite is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Egginacup wrote: »

Yeah, nothing like invading a neighbour to ensure everyone hates you.

Bullies usually are paranoid.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Whoa!!

You slate RT as a propaganda tool when its message is one you don't like but then it's a perfectly respectable medium when the opposite is the case.

See how that works?

We're not all reading fox news like you keep bleating on about.

:D

I was merely fulfilling the expected criteria for news for Egg. Still don't view it as credible, it's a mouthpiece for the Kremlin(well known). Just occasionally mirrors rest of news sites but more an anomaly.

Yeah, bullshit.

If it was anything else on RT you would dismiss it as a pack of lies. But because it somewhat backs up your argument then you use it and gutlessly say that you are doing so "reluctantly".

I don't see how this legislation is persecutorial against gays. It is following the guidelines laid out by the World Health Organisation for medical disorders. Transgender people aren't banned from driving because of their sexuality they are banned on medical grounds.
    Are homosexuals refused driving licenses. Surely if this was the witch-hunt that you so hysterically claim it is then wouldn't gays also be banned.

It was your mistake. Some fools in the west jumped on this as a deliberate campaign of bigotry and xenophobia. Probably some intern at a newspaper to score points for himself and you have bought into it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭BD45

Damn them noisy gays, trying to ruin the Russiche Herrenvolk! I'm just as disgusted by institutional homophobia in the likes of the UAE, Saudi Arabia and a whole host of Middle Eastern countries.

I'm sure you do genuinely care about gays in the Middle East, but the good guys in America don't give two ****s.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Yeah, nothing like invading a neighbour to ensure everyone hates you.

Bullies usually are paranoid.

:eek:

Keep trotting out the invasion nonsense until you are blue in the face. It still won't make it true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

The US have a long history of infiltrating aid groups and charities to further a political agenda or to spy on members. The plethora of NGOs and centers for "American Studies" are very often front groups for surveillance.
    Yeah, bullshit.

If it was anything else on RT you would dismiss it as a pack of lies. But because it somewhat backs up your argument then you use it and gutlessly say that you are doing so "reluctantly".

I don't see how this legislation is persecutorial against gays. It is following the guidelines laid out by the World Health Organisation for medical disorders. Transgender people aren't banned from driving because of their sexuality they are banned on medical grounds.
    Are homosexuals refused driving licenses. Surely if this was the witch-hunt that you so hysterically claim it is then wouldn't gays also be banned.

It was your mistake. Some fools in the west jumped on this as a deliberate campaign of bigotry and xenophobia. Probably some intern at a newspaper to score points for himself and you have bought into it.

Can you reference me to where the WHO said any of the conditions impedes one's ability to drive? It's inventing their own guidelines with baseless conclusions, not backed up by research.

I don't deny that RT occasionally reports accurately however it primarily acts as a platform for propaganda hence the regular usage of individuals such as Alex Jones. Example of such is their obsession with 9/11 conspiracies. Hence why I take 99% with a grain of salt and cross reference with other sources. Personally, I find it entertaining for its sheer nuttieness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUmGvyUIU_E&list=PL172C9CC073815D38
    Keep trotting out the invasion nonsense until you are blue in the face. It still won't make it true.

The international community disagrees. Anyway, you still endorse domestic assassinations, yeah? Cause it's his own country sure, how can we object?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Of course it's an invasion. They are seperate countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

fran17 wrote: »
    Now we have gone full circle I see.First I get accused of getting my sources from RT and now RT is the source used to dispute me.Surreal...

RT can't lie about laws passed by the Duma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Ah well you have to consider that the last anti government rally in Russia contained no more than a couple of hundred people and it was organised by a convicted criminal and fraudster,Alexei Navalny.
    However it does prove that democracy and freedom of protest in Russia,like in all democracies,is permitted.

You actually are taking the piss with your caricature of Navalny. I'm on the fence on Putin and defend Russia for protecting its interests against aggression to a point but thats ridiculous.

You like Russia and like Putin but you are actually doing them a disservice through your ignorance and ham fisted support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

J Mysterio wrote: »
    You actually are taking the piss with your caricature of Navalny. I'm on the fence on Putin and defend Russia for protecting its interests against aggression to a point but thats ridiculous.

You like Russia and like Putin but you are actually doing them a disservice through your ignorance and ham fisted support.

Alexei Navalny was convicted of fraud in a court of law.Now I know that does not suit the pc brigade here but it's a fact.To ignore it would be nothing short of ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've never heard Mícheal referred to as a badass before but it's better than leprechaun.

His record pre Presidential office was incredible in terms of speaking out on human rights .
    His conversation with that right wing mouthpiece Michael Graham on Newstalk a few years ago was case and point.

But I get the distinct impression that Putin is playing his people like a violin, no different than most leaders.
    His take over of Crimea was to protect the ability to project power into the Med and on into the Atlantic.
    The business in eastern Ukraine is to establish a buffer with Europe and NATO.
    When diplomacy via the Kremlin friendly leadership in Ukraine failed after the dropping if popular intentions to move closer to the EU Russia were forced to use, well, force.
    My biggest issue is the ongoing lies about Russian forces in Ukraine.
    That said I don't think NATO's hands are clean in these matters with operations the world over to destabilise and spread influence for purely monetary gain "protecting overseas interests" I think it's called.

Fran, I imagine most people feel the exact same way as me about your postings. You have one driving force. You wish to limit the rights of one group. You have previously related paedophilia and that group. You have expressed highly ridiculous views on it. So when you run in to praise protecting the 'traditional family' that shows up as masking one's homophobia.

But nonetheless the law was homophobic. The fact is,gay people have been caught in honey traps and the government does nothing. Gay people are something to be hidden and treated as an illness in modern Russia. Vladimir Putin warned about gay people being kept away from children, do you view also view gay people as a danger to children? Your previous postings would indicate you do. If you can't see how the situation is one where hatred festers as backed up by international reports. Yep, it does seem like no facts are of any interest to you.

I asked you for references to backup banning transgender drivers. Actual research that shows it makes any sense, there isn't any hence you not providing any. I'm a straight male. I suffer from depression and anxiety. Like most Irish people I have abused alcohol at one point or another(to a minor degree but most have). But I could happily drive a car in Russia. It would be ridiculous if I couldn't. Russia as is, has one of the highest alcohol consumption rates in the globe. So basically nobody should be allowed near a car by your logic..... The only thing all these recent reform in law does is ostracise the LGBT community.

Correction it's all driving. All praise Putin, eh?
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/09/transgender-people-russia-banned-driving-legal-amendment-dmitry-medvedev

Oh Russia Today may be a more legitimate resource for you.
    http://rt.com/news/221235-russia-driving-ban-transgender/

You wander around this forum "B_Wayne" constantly putting your foot in your mouth and here you go again.I have never stated that there is a related link between paedophilia and homosexuality.In fact I have on two previous occasions stated quite categorically that I believed there was not a link between both.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91101958

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91102196

You have in the recent past been warned for accusing me and other posters of racism also,now do me a huge favour and cop on.

You wander around this forum "B_Wayne" constantly putting your foot in your mouth and here you go again.I have never stated that there is a related link between paedophilia and homosexuality.In fact I have on two previous occasions stated quite categorically that I believed there was not a link between both.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91101958

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91102196

You have in the recent past been warned for accusing me and other posters of racism also,now do me a huge favour and cop on.

This is from this year......
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93892800&postcount=27
    As for the link between homosexual men and paedophilia,well of course there is unfortunately paedophilia in all sections of society,both straight and gay.However,as much of the gay society is still by and large in the shadows then we can only take public gay figures into consideration.So when you take characters such as Terry Bean,David Norris,Elton John,Michael Barrymore,George Michael and the as yet unnamed director of lgbtq Dublin and look at there individual points of view on issues such as drugs,monogamy,pederasty and age of consent then definite question must arise.
    There may be many good members of the gay community but as of yet due to either disinterest,shame or lack of strength they refuse to acknowledge what is a very sinister undercurrent in the lifestyle of the sexually active gay man.As the debate intensifies over the coming months these issues must be addressed.

This pertains very much to your opinion on 'propaganda' laws in Russia, you've yet to comment on Putin telling gay people to keep away from the children at the olympics. Do you think the leader of a nation implying lgbt are paedophiles, doesn't provoke hate? Russia's propaganda law is based on an unfounded fear, the same rationale that drives much of your views. You believe there to be an evil undercurrent to the gay community. You have plenty of more posts like that.

You've accused me of conspiracy theories but frankly, they're not. Perhaps Putin was not responsible for the politicians assassination however he was most definitely responsible for others. His nationalist elements that he's supported throughout are another possibility in terms of potential killers. However there is no question that Putin has let violent groups run free and attack people of them being LGBT. He has illegally annexed the Crimea and really he's rather evil. This is what his history will be remembered for in thirty years time. People praised Stalin and Hitler in the past, individuals in this thread are no different. However it requires much cognitive dissonance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Alexei Navalny was convicted of fraud in a court of law.Now I know that does not suit the pc brigade here but it's a fact.To ignore it would be nothing short of ignorance.

An opposition leader "convicted" of "fraud" in a Russian "court".

He must be guilty so. How many prominant Russian opposition figures have been convicted of trumped up charges now? All of them is my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

An opposition leader "convicted" of "fraud" in a Russian "court".

He must be guilty so. How many prominant Russian opposition figures have been convicted of trumped up charges now? All of them is my guess.

Funny how they're protecting Viktor Yanukovich wanted for disappearing with billions belonging to the people of Ukraine.

On a side note

Boris Nemtsov who was murdered at the weekend , politically asssinated by we know who.
    model girlfriend is been held against her will by russian investigators .
    Anna Duritskaya  who is been guarded around the clock by russian police/intelligence services she was prevented from attending Boris's funeral and has had her phone's confisgated .
    Now this is a witness who repeatedly said she didn't see the actual killing .but can't leave Moscow her family now fears she may be implicated in the murder

Gatling wrote: »
    Funny how they're protecting Viktor Yanukovich wanted for disappearing with billions belonging to the people of Ukraine

Fun fact, officially Putin's bank account balance is 101k dollars. Made a fortune under the gas lines back in the day, so his actual wealth is in the billions but only estimates. So Yanukovich is just another rich friend amongst other corrupt oligarchs who made their money during downfall of USSR etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Fun fact, officially Putin's bank account balance is 101k dollars. Made a fortune under the gas lines back in the day, so his actual wealth is in the billions but only estimates. So Yanukovich is just another rich friend amongst other corrupt oligarchs who made their money during downfall of USSR etc.

$9 billion estimated.

Which I think makes him the wealthiest "democratically" elected leader on the planet.

• Advertisement

This is from this year......
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93892800&postcount=27

This pertains very much to your opinion on 'propaganda' laws in Russia, you've yet to comment on Putin telling gay people to keep away from the children at the olympics. Do you think the leader of a nation implying lgbt are paedophiles, doesn't provoke hate? Russia's propaganda law is based on an unfounded fear, the same rationale that drives much of your views. You believe there to be an evil undercurrent to the gay community. You have plenty of more posts like that.

You've accused me of conspiracy theories but frankly, they're not. Perhaps Putin was not responsible for the politicians assassination however he was most definitely responsible for others. His nationalist elements that he's supported throughout are another possibility in terms of potential killers. However there is no question that Putin has let violent groups run free and attack people of them being LGBT. He has illegally annexed the Crimea and really he's rather evil. This is what his history will be remembered for in thirty years time. People praised Stalin and Hitler in the past, individuals in this thread are no different. However it requires much cognitive dissonance.

Again I made a point based on facts and asked questions.I have never said that both issues are linked and for you to say so is not only disingenuous but down right untrue.
    You are a charlatan "B_Wayne" and nothing more.

The same Yanukovich who wanted to hold an Ukrainian referendum to remove all russian forces from the Crimea 11 years ago .
    And was considered to be a nobody in Russia suddenly become Putin's new best friend over night and got filthy rich in doing so

The same Yanukovich who wanted to hold an Ukrainian referendum to remove all russian forces from the Crimea 11 years ago .
    And was considered to be a nobody in Russia suddenly become Putin's new best friend over night and got filthy rich in doing so
    Yep, a leadership built entirely on corruption but fecking great according to some here. The mind truly boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Again I made a point based on facts and asked questions.I have never said that both issues are linked and for you to say so is not only disingenuous but down right untrue.
    You are a charlatan "B_Wayne" and nothing more.

Pot, meet kettle! :pac:

Weird, I've repeatedly asked user to prove their claims and I'm the charlatan. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Weird, I've repeatedly asked user to prove their claims and I'm the charlatan. :D

the only one i know.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

the daily dose of 1984 propaganda coming up on RTE news at one, apparently Russian planes are "buzzing Irish controlled airspace" - this means Russian planes are in international air space which is their right according to international law.

the daily dose of 1984 propaganda coming up on RTE news at one, apparently Russian planes are "buzzing Irish controlled airspace" - this means Russian planes are in international air space which is their right according to international law.

So explain why there buzzing our controlled airspace with bombers exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

So explain why there buzzing our controlled airspace with bombers exactly
    Why are they flying in international air space far from Russia over the Atlantic?
    Its obviously retaliation for what they see as NATO aggression in the Black Sea.
    Who thinks up words like "buzzing"? What exactly does it mean? Its real BBC meaningless jargon!

• Advertisement

Why are they flying in international air space far from Russia over the Atlantic?
    Its obviously retaliation for what they see as NATO aggression in the Black Sea.
    Who thinks up words like "buzzing"? What exactly does it mean? Its real BBC meaningless jargon!

Actually buzzing has been around for about 60 years in aviation terminology wasn't a bbc word

So russia starts all the aggression then starts using bombers to buzz countries airspace and to conduct dummy bombing runs against states who aren't involved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement