Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,222 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Gatling wrote: »
    So explain why there buzzing our controlled airspace with bombers exactly

An american friend of mine who I know from college here sent me this :)

http://www.twisteddoodles.com/image/111556253717

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Grayson wrote: »
    An american friend of mine who I know from college here sent me this :)

http://www.twisteddoodles.com/image/111556253717

You just triggered the Putinbots, you monster!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Why are they flying in international air space far from Russia over the Atlantic?

Why not? No hysteria when the US (a much bigger threat to world peace) goes here there and everywhere. Countless bases around the world. Allied with some of the most malevolent countries in the world. Constant meddling in places where it is not wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭miss tickle

Why not? No hysteria when the US (a much bigger threat to world peace) goes here there and everywhere. Countless bases around the world. Allied with some of the most malevolent countries in the world. Constant meddling in places where it is not wanted.

Didn't the US military fly into, or too close to, Chinese airspace a few months ago and got their asses kicked by the local air-force?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/06/boris-nemtsov-appeasement-ukraine-putin
    Excellent piece on Garry Gasparov, no doubt certain posters will view it as propaganda. Suspect he wouldn't stand a chance if he still lived in Russia. Previously arrested for protesting outside of Pussy Riot trial and beaten as well. No doubt that is western propaganda though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

B_Wayne wrote: »
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/06/boris-nemtsov-appeasement-ukraine-putin
    Excellent piece on Garry Gasparov, no doubt certain posters will view it as propaganda. Suspect he wouldn't stand a chance if he still lived in Russia. Previously arrested for protesting outside of Pussy Riot trial and beaten as well. No doubt that is western propaganda though.

That's a great piece actually

Didn't the US military fly into, or too close to, Chinese airspace a few months ago and got their asses kicked by the local air-force?

Remind us what exactly happened ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

Funny how a piece about the death of Boris Nemtsov contains reference to Boris Nemtsov five times and reference to president Putin twenty times.Pull the other one :rolleyes:

fran17 wrote: »
    Funny how a piece about the death of Boris Nemtsov contains reference to Boris Nemtsov five times and reference to president Putin twenty times.Pull the other one :rolleyes:

Funny how many times we hear Putin's name attached to various political asssinations and invasions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

Perhaps you could explain to us why all the CCTV around the Kremlin has produced no assistance in finding the killer? Ask your friend Vlad, I'm sure he'll help.;)

• Advertisement

Fran,I have far more faith in the various political analysts and those who have immense knowledge on Russia who have lived in Russia and experienced the Putin government than you. Garry Gasparov most definitely knows a hell of a lot more than you about the situation than you. A person who seems to view Russia as a utopia because of the state's treatment of Russia.

Fran,I have far more faith in the various political analysts and those who have immense knowledge on Russia who have lived in Russia and experienced the Putin government than you. Garry Gasparov most definitely knows a hell of a lot more than you about the situation than you. A person who seems to view Russia as a utopia because of the state's treatment of Russia.

"Women by there nature are not exceptional chess players,they are not great fighters"
    "like a cancer,Putin needs to be cut out"
    "Putin is like Al Capone"
    "no one is safe"
    For a guy who seemed so methodical throughout his life,i guess public life never suited him.He's a not so entertaining version of Joe Biden put I agree with "Obama is weak and should resign" policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

They've found the killers. It's, as expected, not putin at all but a good number of his political enemies.

They've found the killers. It's, as expected, not putin at all but a good number of his political enemies.

Meet patsy and patsy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Kasparov has been screaming blue murder on twitter about Putin for as long as I can remember. He wants the US to pour weapons into Ukraine which will lead to only one thing and that is a major escalation in which the Russian Army would more than likely destroy all of Ukraine.

Either way Ukraine would lose, and badly at that. Yet Kasparov, obviously an intelligent guy, is willing to take that gamble. As to whether he is willing to take up arms and face the Russians head on is another question.

Then again, he is chairman of the human Rights Foundation who state that they "do not support nor condone violence."

Funnily enough that is exactly what Kasparov is calling for in Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Can anyone say "arson against the Reichstag"?

Kasparov has been screaming blue murder on twitter about Putin for as long as I can remember. He wants the US to pour weapons into Ukraine which will lead to only one thing and that is a major escalation in which the Russian Army would more than likely destroy all of Ukraine.

Either way Ukraine would lose, and badly at that. Yet Kasparov, obviously an intelligent guy, is willing to take that gamble. As to whether he is willing to take up arms and face the Russians head on is another question.

Then again, he is chairman of the human Rights Foundation who state that they "do not support nor condone violence."

Funnily enough that is exactly what Kasparov is calling for in Ukraine.

Considering 20,000 well equipped and trained russians couldn't get very far in east ukraine .
    The Russians have come out a lot worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭RecordStraight

Astonishing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Considering 20,000 well equipped and trained russians couldn't get very far in east ukraine .

Good one haha :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/07/boris-nemtsov-murder-russia-two-arrests
    It is not clear whether either of the detained men is suspected of firing the shots that killed Nemtsov. The prime witness to the killing returned to Kiev this week. She told the media she was unable to identify who shot Nemtsov.

Make of it what you will.

• Advertisement

obplayer wrote: »
    The two lads picked up are probably the only two people we can say with any certainty had nothing to do with it. Can imagine being in their shoes today?

"Plead guilty and implicate X or you die" are words they will probably be hearing any day now.

obplayer wrote: »

We're totally gonna find out who called out the hit....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Baby Jane

Problems with USA = Putin's great.

Whereas it's more "Problems with USA" and "Problems with Putin".

Good one haha :rolleyes:

Do you's get paid or is it a jobbridge position

Baby Jane wrote: »
    Problems with USA = Putin's great.

Whereas it's more "Problems with USA" and "Problems with Putin".
    Don't confuse the man with your subtle ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Only 20,000? There have been about 500 invasions of Ukraine in the past year (NATO says so and all the evidence can be found on social media) I'd say there must be about half a million Russian troops in Ukraine at the moment!

Only 20,000? There have been about 500 invasions of Ukraine in the past year (NATO says so and all the evidence can be found on social media) I'd say there must be about half a million Russian troops in Ukraine at the moment!

Going by Janes Defence figures it's 20,000 russian military forces in eastern Ukraine
    30,000 illegally armed militias/rebels in eastern Ukraine
    30,000 in russian military forces in Crimea
    55,000 russian forces on the Ukrainian border

But yet couldn't defeat the unprepared poorly equipped Ukrainian forces

Going by Janes Defence figures it's 20,000 russian military forces in eastern Ukraine
    30,000 illegally armed militias/rebels in eastern Ukraine
    30,000 in russian military forces in Crimea
    55,000 russian forces on the Ukrainian border

But yet couldn't defeat the unprepared poorly equipped Ukrainian forces

This is rather amusing.The argument has always been that the Ukrainian freedom fighters in the east could not have repelled the might of the fascist western Ukrainian government without Russian intervention.However now your maintaining that these same fascists in Kiev are repelling the might of the Russian army without US/western arms and intelligence :pac:

This is rather amusing.The argument has always been that the Ukrainian freedom fighters in the east could not have repelled the might of the fascist western Ukrainian government without Russian intervention.However now your maintaining that these same fascists in Kiev are repelling the might of the Russian army without US/western arms and intelligence :pac:
    When you say 'fascists', you mean the democratically elected moderate government?

Ok. Let's call the Russians 'Mongols' if we are just making stuff up and repeating Russian Mongol propaganda for the hard of thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

When you say 'fascists', you mean the democratically elected moderate government?

Ok. Let's call the Russians 'Mongols' if we are just making stuff up and repeating Russian Mongol propaganda for the hard of thinking.
    Do you mean the democratically elected moderate government after the opposition was banned? The stooges in Kiev call it "lustration laws"

"mongols" where did I hear this before? Oh yes it was Goebbels when he was urging Germans to make a last stand as the Russians were approaching Berlin.
    I see where you're coming from Dr RecordStraight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement