Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Credibility! Its you and your ilk who take this amateurish "evidence" seriously.
    http://aco.nato.int/new-satellite-imagery-exposes-russian-combat-troops-inside-ukraine.aspx
    Take note that NATO have to use a private company called Digital Globe rather than a spy satellite :D

Not only that but under the Open Skies agreement, NATO doesn't even have to use satellites. They are permitted to fly unarmed reconnaissance flights over Ukraine...even over Russia and at low level. With today's technology they would be able to gather up a treasure trove of high-resolution images. They would have been able to document the license plates, ID numbers and details that could help identify individual vehicles and other pieces of military hardware.

Instead General Philip Breedlove attended a press conference in Paris in 2014 and handed a set of low-grade, grainy, satellite images to Associated Press and stated that this was proof of a 40,000 strong Russian force amassed along Ukraine's border.

It later turned out that the laughable images were indeed from Digital Globe and that what they in fact showed was a joint Russian-Ukrainian exercise that had taken place 8 months earlier. These are the "proof" images that some of the suckers on this forum are submitting as evidence of a Russian invasion of East Ukraine.
    Now these kind of tricks can fool people like Gatling, Recordstraight, et al but I'd say you could probably take a crayon and draw a tank on a piece of paper with an arrow pointing to it reading "Rushinn tank" and another arrow pointing to the ground and reading "Yookrane" and they would jump up and down clapping their hands like chimps and screeching "Ya, ya, ya, ya, ya, proof! ya, ya, ya, ya, ya, ya!"

:pac:

What can you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Egginacup wrote: »
    Not only that but under the Open Skies agreement, NATO doesn't even have to use satellites. They are permitted to fly unarmed reconnaissance flights over Ukraine...even over Russia and at low level. With today's technology they would be able to gather up a treasure trove of high-resolution images. They would have been able to document the license plates, ID numbers and details that could help identify individual vehicles and other pieces of military hardware.

Instead General Philip Breedlove attended a press conference in Paris in 2014 and handed a set of low-grade, grainy, satellite images to Associated Press and stated that this was proof of a 40,000 strong Russian force amassed along Ukraine's border.

It later turned out that the laughable images were indeed from Digital Globe and that what they in fact showed was a joint Russian-Ukrainian exercise that had taken place 8 months earlier. These are the "proof" images that some of the suckers on this forum are submitting as evidence of a Russian invasion of East Ukraine.
    Now these kind of tricks can fool people like Gatling, Recordstraight, et al but I'd say you could probably take a crayon and draw a tank on a piece of paper with an arrow pointing to it reading "Rushinn tank" and another arrow pointing to the ground and reading "Yookrane" and they would jump up and down clapping their hands like chimps and screeching "Ya, ya, ya, ya, ya, proof! ya, ya, ya, ya, ya, ya!"

:pac:

What can you do!

Yawn

Desperation suits you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

None of this is evidence at all. None of it. A Wikipedia page that cites CNN?

CNN were also the one who staged the toppling of the Saddam statue in Fardir Square. As for that Jane's Defence article....I don't see a single source for the claims made in that piece.

And the images you posted.....what are they? Some aerial shots. If there was so much ironclad evidence of a Russian invasion and occupation then where is it? Why does evidence have to be faked? Why do some media release images and videoclips purporting to show Russian vehicles and these images later turn out to be laughable fakes? Why fake if the proof is there?
    And I asked earlier if Russia had invaded Ukraine then why would hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians seek refuge in the land of the aggressor?
    Did hundreds of thousands of Polish refugees stream into Germany in 1939 after the nazis invaded? Or did French civilians pile into the Rhineland in search of refuge in 1941?

So there is no evidence that will make you re-consider. Are you by any chance a creationist as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭RecordStraight

Are you soft in the head or something? What the hell are you talking about? Do you have a clue what you're on about?

Nobody is disputing that there was and currently are Russian troops in CRIMEA. Russian troops have been there for years under a joint agreement with Kiev.

Why are you bringing up Crimea? We're talking here about your bullshit claims that Russia have invaded East Ukraine.

Stay on topic or else stay quiet.
    Funnily enough, I quoted a post from you from 6 months ago where you were laughing at the idea that they were Russian troops on the streets in Crimea. CRIMEA.

A POST. BY YOU.

Scroll up and have a good laugh at yourself and your credulousness.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Are you soft in the head or something? What the hell are you talking about? Do you have a clue what you're on about?

Nobody is disputing that there was and currently are Russian troops in CRIMEA. Russian troops have been there for years under a joint agreement with Kiev.

Why are you bringing up Crimea? We're talking here about your bullshit claims that Russia have invaded East Ukraine.

Stay on topic or else stay quiet.

Mod:

How about leaving the modding to us, thanks very much. If you've an issue with a post, report it.

And while I'm at it, no need for the insults.

• Advertisement

obplayer wrote: »
    So there is no evidence that will make you re-consider. Are you by any chance a creationist as well?

A creationist? You mean one those people who puts their trust in rumours, hearsay, superstition and verbal sleight as opposed to cold hard fact?

No, I am most certainly not a creationist.

Mod:

How about leaving the modding to us, thanks very much. If you've an issue with a post, report it.

And while I'm at it, no need for the insults.

I apologise if I have caused offence or violated the charter, Grand Rajnah. In my defence, I too have been insulted. Names like shill, putinbot, being drunk on vodka, etc. Might not be the inflammatory direct sneer that is broached in the rules but it is nonetheless an attack on the poster and not the post.

Funnily enough, I quoted a post from you from 6 months ago where you were laughing at the idea that they were Russian troops on the streets in Crimea. CRIMEA.

A POST. BY YOU.

Scroll up and have a good laugh at yourself and your credulousness.

I've known all along that there were Russian troops stationed in Crimea. They have been there for years.
    If you want to show where I dismissed the idea of Russian troops on the streets of Crimea then I'd like you to stipulate.

Is there proof of a Russian invasion of Eastern Ukraine forthcoming at any time or do we have to go back and forth and suffer these infantile assertions by some on here who refuse to even accept the outrage of European leaders at the audacity of the fabrications?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭RecordStraight

I've known all along that there were Russian troops stationed in Crimea. They have been there for years.
    If you want to show where I dismissed the idea of Russian troops on the streets of Crimea then I'd like you to stipulate.
    Yes, we know about the Russian miliarty base in Crimea. There's a world of difference between having troops in a base and having armed troops on the streets taking control of Crimea, which is what happened. And here you are laughing at the notion that that happened.
    Let's not forget that Russia "invaded" and gobbled up Crimea :pac:

Russia also "invaded" Georgia even though that chimp in charge of Georgia attacked South Ossetia :pac:

It's :pac: able
    HTH.

We're not in Moscow any more toto

• Advertisement

So there was no coup in Kiev we've all (98%,of us ) already knew that .
    The interesting part is the referendum in Crimea that was forced on the population by the russian army .
    Wonder whats that's considered .
    Armed robbery ?
    Terroristism ?
    illegal armed coup?

Rumor has it , a russian stig tried to annex Top Gear from the bbc only for jeremy clarkson to punch his lights out and pack him off to the ukraine where he will be dumped in a skip by some helpful Ukrainian gentleman .

But all we know is ....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Is there proof of a Russian invasion of Eastern Ukraine forthcoming at any time or do we have to go back and forth and suffer these infantile assertions by some on here who refuse to even accept the outrage of European leaders at the audacity of the fabrications?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/19/russia-official-silence-for-families-troops-killed-in-ukraine

B_Wayne wrote: »
    Yes, our media is much freer than one where you are likely to be assassinated for criticising Putin or Russian foreign policy.

I'm not so sure. Expose embarrassing truths about the US government can be very hazardous to your health. Just ask Dan Rather, Phil Donoghue, Julian assange, Joseph Wilson, Edward Snowden, giulia sgrena, Bradley manning, etc., etc.

Yes, we know about the Russian miliarty base in Crimea. There's a world of difference between having troops in a base and having armed troops on the streets taking control of Crimea, which is what happened. And here you are laughing at the notion that that happened.

HTH.

No, it doesn't help at all. You keep making baseless assertions, posting sh1t then that you think backs it up, but doesn't and then you get thanked for it.

I'm not so sure. Expose embarrassing truths about the US government can be very hazardous to your health. Just ask Dan Rather, Phil Donoghue, Julian assange, Joseph Wilson, Edward Snowden, giulia sgrena, Bradley manning, etc., etc.

None executed though were there,
    miss manning even changed gender without any persecution and when she gets out of prison she will get into her pink caddilac and go for a drive which would be illegal in mother Russia.

Snowden wants to go home to the good oul USA and probably will do this year to face the music

Assange is wanted for questioning in Sweden in connection with several rapes sexual assaults .

Funny that a suspected rapist could he held in high regards by some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

The hard pressed militaries of Europe are very grateful to Mr. Putin. At a time of more and more cuts he has provided the best lobby for protecting and increasing military spending.

Also the Eastern European countries that will now have US tanks and personel based there will benefit from their presence economically, like many places in Western Europe did during the Cold War.

I'm sure Bulgaria only dreamed of hosting NATO naval exercises before Mr. Putin's interventions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

He has to be one of the greatest leaders the world has ever known, not just a stuffed suit like his wooden American counterpart. His steadfast resolve in the face of a proxy war being waged in Ukraine has to be admired, a war that would never have happened if billions weren't poured into Ukraine to kickstart a coup.

Like him or loathe him there is no doubt that Vladimir Putin is a very shrewd operator who is consistently one step ahead of the game.

You'd get on well in Russia.They've been so brainwashed by generations of Big Brother type progaganda that if Gary Glitter was president they'd be singing the praises of the glorious leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Old Vlad is destroying his countries reputation in the grand tradition of despotic megalomaniacs.

Prod him the right way in the next TV interview and he'll probably admit to shooting down the malaysian airliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Gatling wrote: »
    None executed though were there,
    miss manning even changed gender without any persecution and when she gets out of prison she will get into her pink caddilac and go for a drive which would be illegal in mother Russia.

Snowden wants to go home to the good oul USA and probably will do this year to face the music

Assange is wanted for questioning in Sweden in connection with several rapes sexual assaults .

Funny that a suspected rapist could he held in high regards by some.

The charge against Assange is that on one occasion of several, he didn't use a condom. There is not the slightest question of force or lack of consent.

cnocbui wrote: »
    The charge against Assange is that on one occasion of several, he didn't use a condom. There is not the slightest question of force or lack of consent.

That not what i read he's wanted for questioning on sexual assaults.

yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Is not bagging up a criminal offence in Sweden?

News to me, and Sweden!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,222 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

It's a little bit more nuanced that that but it is close. I think (someone correct me if i'm wrong) but the sentence he would have gotten upon conviction is less than the time he's spent in the embassy in London.

He says he will go to Sweden if he's given assurances that her won't be sent to the US from there

Grayson wrote: »
    It's a little bit more nuanced that that but it is close. I think (someone correct me if i'm wrong) but the sentence he would have gotten upon conviction is less than the time he's spent in the embassy in London.

He says he will go to Sweden if he's given assurances that her won't be sent to the US from there

Indeed, and the Swedish prosecutor is free to question him at the embassy but the us have threatened her if she does

Korat wrote: »
    The hard pressed militaries of Europe are very grateful to Mr. Putin. At a time of more and more cuts he has provided the best lobby for protecting and increasing military spending.

Also the Eastern European countries that will now have US tanks and personel based there will benefit from their presence economically, like many places in Western Europe did during the Cold War.

I'm sure Bulgaria only dreamed of hosting NATO naval exercises before Mr. Putin's interventions.

The fcuking idiot Bulgarians tried to put restrictions on the south stream pipeline after taking the EUs advice. If they had agreed to the deal they would have made a fortune in transit fees as well as discounted fuel. Putin pulled the plug and now the pipeline will pass through turkey instead and Bulgaria like the morons that they are will have to buy fuel at a 50% markup from alternative sources. But you wouldn't know a thing about that would you?

Indeed, and the Swedish prosecutor is free to question him at the embassy but the us have threatened her if she does

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 969 ✭✭✭JacquesDeLad

Humpty numpty hasn't a clue.

anyway, back on topic....where is the evidence of a Russian invasion of east Ukraine?

Fake sat pics from digital globe of Russian troops conducting exercises with Ukrainian forces two years ago don't count. Neither do reports of ex Russian servicemen going off to fight as mercenaries. If that's an invasion then by definition the US have also invaded since there are American mercernaries operating in Ukraine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Old Vlad is destroying his countries reputation in the grand tradition of despotic megalomaniacs..

Speaking of despotic megalomaniacs, imo I think Putin has a lot of ground to make on the war mongering, war starting and general hypocrtical track records of recent American presidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Vandango wrote: »
    Speaking of despotic megalomaniacs, imo I think Putin has a lot of ground to make on the war mongering, war starting and general hypocrtical track records of recent American presidents.

Not one of whom has lasted more than 8 years.

Because the US constitution is still intact. Hard to have a leader who's too despotic with term limits is it?

Putin has ripped Russia's constitution to bits though. He's been president, then prime minister, then president again, and then he'll go back to prime-minister no doubt. How long has he been in control now? 15? 18 years?

With no end in sight is there?

:confused:

• Advertisement

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Not one of whom has lasted more than 8 years.

Because the US constitution is still intact.

Putin has ripped Russia's constitution to bits though. He's been president, then prime minister, then president again, and then he'll go back to prime-minister no doubt. How long has he been in control now? 15? 18 years?

With no end in sight is there?

:confused:

Here's hoping he thinks of saddam and gadaffi and how they ended

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement