Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Egginacup wrote: »
    The fcuking idiot Bulgarians tried to put restrictions on the south stream pipeline after taking the EUs advice. If they had agreed to the deal they would have made a fortune in transit fees as well as discounted fuel. Putin pulled the plug and now the pipeline will pass through turkey instead and Bulgaria like the morons that they are will have to buy fuel at a 50% markup from alternative sources. But you wouldn't know a thing about that would you?
    Bulgaria could have done with the money from transit fees but I guess they pulled out because they didn't want McCain and Nuland handing out cookies in Sofia.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Not one of whom has lasted more than 8 years.

Because the US constitution is still intact. Hard to have a leader who's too despotic with term limits is it?

Putin has ripped Russia's constitution to bits though. He's been president, then prime minister, then president again, and then he'll go back to prime-minister no doubt. How long has he been in control now? 15? 18 years?

With no end in sight is there?

:confused:

The US Constitution is intact, that's a good one.

Are you familiar with the part of the US Constitution whereby it states that all treaties entered into are the "supreme law of the land"

If so then you must have heard of an obscure little protocol called "The Fourth Geneva Convention"
    It addresses war crimes and has been systematically violated by the US government and military since it's inception.

Are you also familiar with the Nuremberg Charter? It classifies a war of aggression as the supreme crime against humanity. Again breach, without consequence, from Vietnam, to Lebanon, to Panama, to Grenada, to Somalia, to Iraq, to Afghanistan, to Iraq again, to Serbia, to Libya, to Pakistan, to Yemen and counting.

Are you familiar with the international ban on torture to which the US is a signatory? Yet Obama admits "some folks were tortured". How cutesy of him.

Are you familiar with the amendments that address "unreasonable search and seizure"? Yet the NSA spy on the entire US population and even the leaders of nations to whom they are allied.

Are you familiar with habeas corpus whereby it is unconstitutional to detain without charge or access to legal representation and a speedy trial? The hundreds incarcerated at Guantanamo Bay are very au fait with that part of the "intact" constitution.

You haven't thought this out very well, have you. Now if you want to to excuse away all these (and many more) crimes by say that the US isn't as bad as Hitler or Stalin then go ahead. Doesn't put you in great standing regardless, does it?

Bulgaria could have done with the money from transit fees but I guess they pulled out because they didn't want McCain and Nuland handing out cookies in Sofia.

Especially since Bulgaria were allied to the Third Reich. John and Victoria would undoubtedly find a good mob of street thugs to baseball bat anyone who might question Washington's dominance

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Are you familiar with the part of the US Constitution whereby it states that all treaties entered into are the "supreme law of the land"

Now without consequence, from Vietnam, to Lebanon, to Panama, to Grenada, to Somalia, to Iraq, to Afghanistan( which we invaded and massacred towns and villages till the US got involved and spoiled it for us , to Iraq again, to Serbia, to Libya, to Pakistan, to Yemen all we supplied with thousands of tons of cheap tanks ,migs,hind gunships .
    We also conquered and carried out a massacre in Czechoslovakia to but hey that was in Europe

Are you familiar with the international ban on torture to which the US is a signatory? Yet Obama admits "some folks were tortured". How cutesy of him.

I haven't thought this out very well, Now if i want i can excuse away all these (and many more) crimes by say that the US is bad as putin , Hitler or Stalin Doesn't put me in great standing regardless, does it?

Couldn't agree more
    Didn't the head of kremlin rights come out and say the boris nemtsov suspects were tortured over the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Was Eggy raped by someone in an Uncle Sam costume or something?

Such naked hate toward a country & its people.... Every single post... Hate, hate & more hate!

As remarkable as it is sad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'm not so sure. Expose embarrassing truths about the US government can be very hazardous to your health. Just ask Dan Rather, Phil Donoghue, Julian assange, Joseph Wilson, Edward Snowden, giulia sgrena, Bradley Chelsea manning, etc., etc.

Fixed. I doubt the Russians would be as willing to give her refuge as they were for Snowden.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Compared to putins ability to steal a coutry from its citizens, yes. Sure.

Putin's biggest crime is NOT allowing western business interests to steal and loot his country like whats happening in Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Putin's biggest crime is NOT allowing western business interests to steal and loot his country like whats happening in Ukraine.

True, he likes to do that all by himself.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Such naked hate toward a country & its people.... Every single post... Hate, hate & more hate!

MOD:There's not need for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Most of Ukraine's productive industries are based in the Donbass region. Which Russia has occupied. If anyone is stealing and looting it's Putin.

If you are referring to Crimea then you sound like a ****ing broken record. Crimea was in Russia for centuries until it was illegally given to Ukraine by Kruschev in 1954. The Washington orchestrated coup in Kiev was set in motion to not only drag Ukraine into the West's orbit but also to sieze the Russian naval base at Sevastopol. After that the objective was to eventually destroy Russia in its present form and dismember it into a number of weak states under Washington's control whereby large western corporations could then plunder the country's resources leaving the Russian people impoverished.

Putin doesn't wish this to happen obviously so quickly returned Crimea to Russia.

Don't take my word for it. Just read "The Grand Chessboard" by Zbigniew Brzezinski. He was National Security adviser during the Carter administration.

Of course most people won't bother. Reading a book is too much like an effort. Why educate yourself about the facts when you can just parrot propaganda soundbites without ever actually delving into the subject you claim to know something about.

And yes as I expected you don't disappoint by predictably saying "we're not as bad as X,Y,Z"

Korat wrote: »
    Most of Ukraine's productive industries are based in the Donbass region. Which Russia has occupied. If anyone is stealing and looting it's Putin.

Russia has NOT occupied Eastern Ukraine.
    Stop lying. But at least we're back on topic. So like I requested earlier, can you provide any evidence of this Russian occupation of Eastern Ukraine?

True, he likes to do that all by himself.

Examples of Putin looting his country's resources and treasury please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Stop lying. But at least we're back on topic. So like I requested earlier, can you provide any evidence of this Russian occupation of Eastern Ukraine?

are russian troops fighting in Ukraine there in a voluntary capacity?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭pcardin

He has switched to Bulgarians now, then Ireland probably. Giving internet to mental hospitals wasn't a great idea apparently. :rolleyes:

Russia has occupied Crimea and Eastern Ukraine, you better stop lying. :confused:

If you are referring to Crimea then you sound like a ****ing broken record. Crimea was in Russia for centuries until it was illegally given to Ukraine by Kruschev in 1954.

Going by your logic would you Russians mind giving back Koenigsberg (Kaliningrad) and Kuril Islands, and some more occupied territories please? Thank you! :)
    Putin doesn't wish this to happen obviously so quickly returned Crimea to Russia.
    Returned?! Something that officially belong to other country?! Isn't that called occupation, invasion? :confused:[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

pcardin wrote: »
    Going by your logic would you Russians mind giving back Koenigsberg (Kaliningrad) and Kuril Islands, and some more occupied territories please? Thank you! :)

Returned?! Something that officially belong to other country?! Isn't that called occupation, invasion? :confused:

Oh no, Königsberg can't be given to those German NATO Nazis! /s

I've gave up asking for evidence a long time ago, no one can provide any except for those childish images courtesy of NATO.
    Heres a good one, Kiev announced that they destroyed a column of Russian armour inside Ukraine, this would have been a MAJOR propaganda coup, but could they come up with a single photo or any evidence?
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/15/ukraine-says-russian-vehicles-territory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Gatling wrote: »
    That not what i read he's wanted for questioning on sexual assaults.

yes

True, but the Swede's have a very broad interpretation of sexual assault. The potentially most serious allegation, is that he might have had sex with one of the women a second time when she claims she was asleep.

Allegedly, she was so upset by this that she and Assange went out to have breakfast together afterwards.
    Is not bagging up a criminal offence in Sweden?

News to me, and Sweden!

There are three classes of 'rape' in Sweden. It wouldn't be news to the Swedes. The crime of sex without a condom if one was requested is called "Sex by Surprise".
    Grayson wrote: »
    It's a little bit more nuanced that that but it is close. I think (someone correct me if i'm wrong) but the sentence he would have gotten upon conviction is less than the time he's spent in the embassy in London.

He says he will go to Sweden if he's given assurances that her won't be sent to the US from there

If found guilty of the accusation of 'Sex By Surprise' Assange would only have received a 5,000 Kroner fine - not a custodial sentence.

One of the alleged 'victims' supposedly posted this on her website but later redacted it, but not before someone copied or retrieved it:
    Earlier this year, Sarah is reported to have posted a telling entry on her website, which she has since removed. But a copy has been retrieved and widely circulated on the internet.

Entitled ‘7 Steps to Legal Revenge’, it explains how women can use courts to get their own back on unfaithful lovers.

Step 7 says: ‘Go to it and keep your goal in sight. Make sure your victim suffers just as you did.’ (The highlighting of text is Sarah’s own.)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1336291/Wikileaks-Julian-Assanges-2-night-stands-spark-worldwide-hunt.html#ixzz3UAmjb3OG

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

This thread had some pure comedy Gold

I've gave up asking for evidence a long time ago, no one can provide any except for those childish images courtesy of NATO.
    Heres a good one, Kiev announced that they destroyed a column of Russian armour inside Ukraine, this would have been a MAJOR propaganda coup, but could they come up with a single photo or any evidence?
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/15/ukraine-says-russian-vehicles-territory

More western imperialist oil grabbing capitalist lies:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/19/russia-official-silence-for-families-troops-killed-in-ukraine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭RecordStraight

Typical lies from right-wing Neo-con rag....

*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Define 'evidence' I can supply what to me is evidence but I suspect you would just claim otherwise. Are captured Russian troops evidence? Are social media photos of Russian troops and equipment in Ukraine evidence? Are personal papers and official identity documents taken from dead Russian soldiers evidence?

I suspect that if i were to drag you to Ukraine, take a selfie while you watched with a Russian soldier in uniform complete with all unit badges, tied you across the muzzle of the soldier's latest model T-72 tank Russia has never exported, fire the gun, blowing you in half, your last dying words would be 'That's not proo....."

Typical lies from right-wing Neo-con rag....

*cough*

Ehhhh.... Holidays!

cnocbui wrote: »
    Define 'evidence' I can supply what to me is evidence but I suspect you would just claim otherwise. Are captured Russian troops evidence? Are social media photos of Russian troops and equipment in Ukraine evidence? Are personal papers and official identity documents taken from dead Russian soldiers evidence?
    I deleted the last paragraph, best ignored!
    Social media as evidence? NO!
    More western imperialist oil grabbing capitalist lies:
    Good god!! Do people actually believe the stuff that Yatsenyuk comes up with?
    "Yats, he's the guy, **** the EU!" :)

Believe instead the families of Russian dead soldiers, they aren't pretending to mourn over the graves over their children.

(Not that it matters, you are beyond convincing
    Even Putin can't convince you!)

Like the last Japanese soldier on a jungle island.... Fanatically committed to the lie.

are russian troops fighting in Ukraine there in a voluntary capacity?

Ah, the old loaded question akin to "So, Mr. Smith, do you still beat your wife?"

• Advertisement

"Yats, he's the guy, **** the EU!" :)

I'm no fan of amnesty international but:
    https://www.amnesty.org/en/articles/news/2014/09/ukraine-mounting-evidence-war-crimes-and-russian-involvement/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement