Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Amnesty didn't give the source of those little dots in a field satellite images?
    Meanwhile Berlin is alarmed and not very happy with NATO lies and their attempts to stop peace breaking out.
    On that same day, General Philip Breedlove, the top NATO commander in Europe, stepped before the press in Washington. Putin, the 59-year-old said, had once again "upped the ante" in eastern Ukraine -- with "well over a thousand combat vehicles, Russian combat forces, some of their most sophisticated air defense, battalions of artillery" having been sent to the Donbass. "What is clear," Breedlove said, "is that right now, it is not getting better. It is getting worse every day."
    German leaders in Berlin were stunned. They didn't understand what Breedlove was talking about. And it wasn't the first time. Once again, the German government, supported by intelligence gathered by the Bundesnachrichtendienst (BND), Germany's foreign intelligence agency, did not share the view of NATO's Supreme Allied Commander Europe (SACEUR).
    Sources in the Chancellery have referred to Breedlove's comments as "dangerous propaganda." Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier even found it necessary recently to bring up Breedlove's comments with NATO General Secretary Jens Stoltenberg.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/germany-concerned-about-aggressive-nato-stance-on-ukraine-a-1022193.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Egginacup wrote: »
    Ah, the old loaded question akin to "So, Mr. Smith, do you still beat your wife?"

I'll rephrase for you so.
    Are there Russian army troops in Ukraine?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I deleted the last paragraph, best ignored!
    Social media as evidence? NO!

Good god!! Do people actually believe the stuff that Yatsenyuk comes up with?
    "Yats, he's the guy, **** the EU!" :)

How about when the locations the photos were taken are verified independently?

https://www.bellingcat.com/resources/2015/02/12/ukraine-conflict-vehicle-first-week/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Meanwhile Berlin is alarmed and not very happy with NATO lies and their attempts to stop peace breaking out.

So US Intel estimates 1000+ armoured units have invaded.
    German Intel thinks its much less.

So, what do both agree on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Sticky phuck the EU nudleman and Phil strangelove they are dangerous. Nudleman is a possible future US secretary of state thats a scary thought she is proactively attempting to escalate the conflict by arming the Ukrainains and starting a war in Europe. and just like the first two world wars its Europe that will be laid waste. natowhooyawarriors seem oblivious to this fact. that bitch is crazy.
    hawks like Breedlove or Victoria Nuland are doing what they can to pave the way for weapons deliveries. "We can fight against the Europeans, fight against them rhetorically," Nuland said during a private meeting of American officials on the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference at the beginning of February.

No wonder, then, that people in Berlin have the impression that important power brokers in Washington are working against the Europeans. Berlin officials have noticed that, following the visit of American politicians or military leaders in Kiev, Ukrainian officials are much more bellicose and optimistic about the Ukrainian military's ability to win the conflict on the battlefield. "We then have to laboriously bring the Ukrainians back onto the course of negotiations," said one Berlin official.

.....and is famous for having said "**** the EU" during the initial days of the Ukraine crisis in February of 2014. Her husband, the neo-conservative Robert Kagan, is, after all, the originator of the idea that Americans are from Mars and Europeans, unwilling as they are to realize that true security depends on military power, are from Venus.

When it comes to the goal of delivering weapons to Ukraine, Nuland and Breedlove work hand-in-hand. On the first day of the Munich Security Conference, the two gathered the US delegation behind closed doors to discuss their strategy for breaking Europe's resistance to arming Ukraine

there was an article in the Moscow times at the start of February which has since been pulled I read the article though if you type in the headline "Russia to Declare war if US arms Ukraine" you will see the original link. a couple of people managed to put the article up on youtube its there if anyone wants to look for it. If the Americans arm the Ukrainians Russia will declare war. " U.S. provision of military aid to Ukraine would be seen by Moscow as a declaration of war and spark a global escalation" lets hope the Germans and French can keep our sh1t together. for everyones sake.

• Advertisement

How do you manage to twist a statement by Russia that it would declare war - even if not actually attacked by anyone - into a declaration that the US are mad war mongers?

cnocbui wrote: »
    How do you manage to twist a statement by Russia that it would declare war - even if not actually attacked by anyone - into a declaration that the US are mad war mongers?

Its quite an achievement alright
    Russias invasions are fine when viewed through the skewed prism that the US is always evil.

Buy as the Putinistas will agree, a US armed Ukraine is of no concern to Russia as there are obviously no Russian forces in Ukraine.

what are you talking about. certain prominent Americans are actively trying to escalate the conflict by arming the Ukrainians if that happens all bets are off and you think its bad now. wait and see what happens if that sh1t goes down. whilst the Germans and French who represent our interests ( Europeans ) are trying to get people around the table and find a diplomatic way out of this. they are pushing back against American calls to arm Ukraine and possibly set the continent, our continent, ablaze. according to the Moscow times and people they spoke to in the Russian defense ministry if the Americans do this it will be viewed by the Russians as a declaration of war. stop and just think about that for a second.

Its quite an achievement alright
    Russias invasions are fine when viewed through the skewed prism that the US is always evil.

Buy as the Putinistas will agree, a US armed Ukraine is of no concern to Russia as there are obviously no Russian forces in Ukraine.

who said anything about Russian invasions being fine. if the US arm Ukraine for a start its the end of Ukraine. and thats just the beginning. is that what you want bojack? more death and misery on a scale beyond comprehension? is that what you want...

WakeUp wrote: »
    who said anything about Russian invasions being fine. if the US arm Ukraine for a start its the end of Ukraine.

Explain.... Please, how a western armed Ukraine is Cassus belli to Russia?

Expand on that by comparing how the exact same actions vis-a-vis Estonia isn't?

• Advertisement

Explain.... Please, how a western armed Ukraine is Cassius belli to Russia?

Expand on that by comparing how the exact same actions vis-a-vis Estonia isn't?

why should I have to explain anything I didnt make the statement. the Russians did it isnt up to me explain. and why cant you answer my question? is moar war what you want? is it? because arming Ukraine thats what your asking for....

what are you talking about. certain prominent Americans are actively trying to escalate the conflict by arming the Ukrainians if that happens all bets are off and you think its bad now. wait and see what happens if that sh1t goes down. whilst the Germans and French who represent our interests ( Europeans ) are trying to get people around the table and find a diplomatic way out of this. they are pushing back against American calls to arm Ukraine and possibly set the continent, our continent, ablaze. according to the Moscow times and people they spoke to in the Russian defense ministry if the Americans do this it will be viewed by the Russians as a declaration of war. stop and just think about that for a second.

The RUSSIANS are the only ones threatening war - you think about that for second.

why should I have to explain anything I didnt make the statement. the Russians did it isnt up to me explain.

True, you don't speak for the Kremlin.
    Though no harm any of its fans postulating on what arms sales to a given country = declaration of war?

Russia must feel incredibly insecure if a box of javelin missiles = a declaration of war??
    and why cant you answer my question? is moar war what you want? is it? because arming Ukraine thats what your asking for....

Nope, I'm very pro-peace & anti-invasion.
    The status quo of invasion, death & war has to end.

It began in the Kremlin & that's where it ends.

The RUSSIANS are the only ones threatening war - you think about that for second.

exactly. thats the point isnt it. if certain prominent Americans get their way and arm the Ukrainians. are you another natowhooyawarrior war junkie? or would you prefer to see a diplomatic attempt and solution sorted by Europeans to what is going on....because arming Ukraine which the Americans want will have an opposite catastrophic affect to that.

True, you don't speak for the Kremlin.
    Though no harm any of its fans postulating on what arms sales to a given country = declaration of war?

Russia must feel incredibly insecure if a box of javelin missiles = a declaration of war??

Nope, I'm very pro-peace & anti-invasion.
    The status quo of invasion, death & war has to end.

fans and such you still coming out with such sh1te. you say you want peace and all that how best is that to be achieved. by escalating the conflict arming the Ukrainians. or following the German and French lead and trying to get people around the table?..

exactly. thats the point isnt it. if certain prominent Americans get their way and arm the Ukrainians. are you another natowhooyawarrior war junkie? or would you prefer to see a diplomatic attempt and solution sorted by Europeans to what is going on....because arming Ukraine which the Americans want will have an opposite catastrophic affect to that.

A NATO war junkie? Name the countries that have been attacked by NATO and then invaded by NATO.

A NATO war junkie? Name the countries that have been attacked by NATO and then invaded by NATO.

ok let me rephrase the question then.. do you support German lead efforts to find a peaceful diplomatic solution..or do you support American calls to arm the Ukrainians and escalate the conflict beyond all levels?....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

fans and such you still coming out with such sh1te. you say you want peace and all that how best is that to be achieved. by escalating the conflict arming the Ukrainians. or following the German and French lead and trying to get people around the table?..

The only reason the French and Germans are around the is because putin invited them so he can get assurances that ukraine will never be allowed to join the EU and no other reason .

hollande and Merkel are only playing oh look we can hang with the big boys .
    And there own interests and nothing more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Gatling wrote: »
    The only reason the French and Germans are around the is because putin invited them so he can get assurances that ukraine will never be allowed to join the EU and no other reason .

hollande and Merkel are only playing oh look we can hang with the big boys .
    And there own interests and nothing more

thats a no brainer really Ukraine should never be allowed anywhere near the EU or Nato why would we want anything to do with them .can you elaborate on this a little for me though?.. the Germans and French are acting in their own interests as you say what interests are these?.. so where do you stand Gatling do you support their efforts at finding a diplomatic solution or are you in favour of American calls to arm the Ukrainians?....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

thats a no brainer really Ukraine should never be allowed anywhere near the EU or Nato why would we want anything to do with them .can you elaborate on this a little for me though?.. the Germans and French are acting in their own interests as you say what interests are these?.. so where do you stand Gatling do you support their efforts at finding a diplomatic solution or are you in favour of American calls to arm the Ukrainians?....

I'd say Gatling like the majority here is in favour of Ukrainian borders being respected and returned to the state they existed in before Russia decided to dismember them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I want to see total withdrawl of all russian troops and equipment .
    Either an EU or Nato peace keeping/enforcement mission
    Ukrainian military taking complete and unrestricted control of there border .

Then there military given the assistance to rebuild and restructuring to maintain security in there sovereign state .

Then let the people have a referendum asking one simple question
    EU membership
    Or not .

Not what you or egg want

Not what I want

Certainly not what russia and putin wants

But what the Ukrainian nation want

Peace without capitulation is the best objective.

Would you not prefer Russian forces withdraw back to their own county?

gandalf wrote: »
    I'd say Gatling like the majority here is in favour of Ukrainian borders being respected and returned to the state they existed in before Russia decided to dismember them.

and what is the best way to attempt to achieve that...moar war?

Peace without capitulation is the best objective.

Would you not prefer Russian forces withdraw back to their own county?

answer my question please. do you support German lead efforts to find a peaceful diplomatic solution or do you support American calls to arm the Ukrainians?..which do you support?..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

answer my question please. do you support German lead efforts to find a peaceful diplomatic solution or do you support American calls to arm the Ukrainians?..which do you support?..

I support both.

Gatling wrote: »
    I want to see total withdrawl of all russian troops and equipment .
    Either an EU or Nato peace keeping/enforcement mission
    Ukrainian military taking complete and unrestricted control of there border .

Then there military given the assistance to rebuild and restructuring to maintain security in there sovereign state .

Then let the people have a referendum asking one simple question
    EU membership
    Or not .

Not what you or egg want

Not what I want

Certainly not what russia and putin wants

But what the Ukrainian nation want

doesnt matter what the Ukrainian nations wants feeling have no place in such matters give it a rest will you. it makes zero economic and political sense to have them in either the EU or Nato. the country is a basket case and their leaders strategic illiterates among other things. so you want to send Nato into Ukraine then moar war it is then. phuck yeah.

I support both.

how can you support both?...arming Ukraine will not lead to a peaceful resolution to what is going on or has happened.

German/French peace talks.

Your turn..... Would you not prefer Russian forces withdraw to their own country & leave Ukraine alone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

and what is the best way to attempt to achieve that...moar war?

No as you know in the Politics forum I would advocate ramping up the sanctions more so the longer the Kremlin carries on with this path of misadventure then the more the economy and standard of living in Russia gets dismantled and eroded. There is only so long that controlling the price of Vodka will keep the Proles away from Vladimirs door.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement