Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Funny but I doubt it very much.

Putin's demonstrations of machismo are on a par with Kim jong ill (who was the worlds greatest golfer, he always gets a hole in one.). It snaps of desperation and vanity. Eugh.

I wouldn't be so sure about that...

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread. Egg defiant til' the end. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Funny but I doubt it very much.

Putin's demonstrations of machismo are on a par with Kim jong ill (who was the worlds greatest golfer, he always gets a hole in one.). It snaps of desperation and vanity. Eugh.

Putin is ex KGB , he would be one tough motherf*cker !!

The propaganda would be exaggerated but not complete BS like Kim Jun Kim Ill II .. sure wasn't he born by walking out of his mother's vagina with no crying ?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

the_monkey wrote: »
    Putin is ex KGB , he would be one tough motherf*cker !!

The propaganda would be exaggerated but not complete BS like Kim Jun Kim Ill II .. sure wasn't he born by walking out of his mother's vagina with no crying ?

:rolleyes:

Yeah maybe.

But he's old and fat now, with an unhealthy complexion. I think the botox has taken its toll at this point.

:o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Egginacup wrote: »
    The cohesion of the system derives from whom makes it work.
    You are unexpectedly accurate in pointing this out - Russia currently runs on a diet of fear, paranoia and hatred - all three being generated by the man, and the system he created, both of whom profit from it. Take away the man and the system may well crumble and be replaced by something better - it could scarcely be replaced by anything much worse.
    Egginacup wrote: »
    You, mistakenly, have confused such a concept with "authoritarian", which is a catch-all phrase for the ignorant who think they understand it.
    As you seem unfamiliar with the term in the strictly academic psychological sense in which I use it, rather than the chip-shop queue sense in which you use it, I would recommend you have a read of Bob Altemeyer's excellent treatise on the topic, "The Authoritarians":

http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~altemey/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

But he's old and fat now, with an unhealthy complexion. I think the botox has taken its toll at this point.

Another name and IP added to the collecting. Expect a 'gift' from me soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Putin wrote: »
    Another name and IP added to the collecting. Expect a 'gift' from me soon.

Yikes!

:(

Former electrician, martial arts enthusiast and self-appointed "leader" of the DPR, Aleksandr Zakharchenko, was interviewed by Simon Ostrovsky last week. Paradise has yet to dawn fully in Donetsk, but it's not his fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

if this video is representative of the people Kiev is unleashing against the rebels then I dont blame them for resisting. because if I was in their situation and these people were unleashed against me my family and friends personally speaking I would do the exact same thing. both sides are responsible for horrific atrocities though these are some of the people being "supported" by the west. not in my phucking name.

NSFW

WakeUp wrote: »
    if this video is representative [...]
    A quick look through suggests that it's a blatantly one-sided propaganda video of no interest to anybody other than students of one-sided propaganda videos.

Another video from the same source shows where the uploader is coming from:
    PROHIBITED in EU/US. Western mainstream media outlets will never show you any of this [...] U.S. warmongers along with EU/NATO politicians have installed (through violent, artificial revolution) a pro-fascist junta government in Ukraine which unlawfully armed Ukrainian Neo-Nazis (Right Sector, Patriots of Ukraine, and National Guard) and started a civil war within the country
    ...every claim of which is false.

• Advertisement

thats a lie. anyone with eyes can watch the video and can see for themselves the actions of the heroic "defenders of Ukraine". murdering b@stards no other words for it. like I said both sides of this conflict are responsible for horrific crimes but the prevailing narrative of the heroic defenders of Ukraine. well that should be put to bed once and for all. because if these are the people being supported by the "west" well not much I can do about that. but not in my name no god damn way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Hey, if I could take the time to sum up a ~12 minute video about pro-Putin sockpuppet youth movements, why can't you do the same with that?

I would urge anybody who has an anyway objective viewpoint as to what is going on over there to view that video. the outright murder including unarmed civilians and actions by certain elements of the "defenders" of Ukraine is there to see. even when its there on video clear as the nose on ones face to see even then its still disregarded and mocked by the usual suspects. wow. and that says it all really. cheerleaders and mockers of murder. Im struggling to think of another explanation. to give but one example at 5 mins 20 a Ukrainian soldier shoots an unarmed civilian point blank in the head. a couple of mins prior a number of Ukrainian soldiers riddle an ambulance. I wont go into detail about the rest of the video though fair warning if you do click play and watch it. it isnt easy to watch. not in my god damn name.

not in my phucking name.
    but not in my name no god damn way.
    not in my god damn name.
    If only Western military were actually on the ground in East Ukraine, fighting against the Russian invaders, that your passion might have some meaning :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Russia is good yada yada yada

Ukraine are baby eating nazi's

And bull keeps flowing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Gatling wrote: »
    Russia is good yada yada yada

And bull keeps flowing

You forgot to point to how terrible America is!

Gatling wrote: »
    The ungrammatical apostrophe is a nice touch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

robindch wrote: »
    The ungrammatical apostrophe is a nice touch :)

My baby loves Nazis.
    But he couldn't eat a whole one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 969 ✭✭✭JacquesDeLad

All is well in Putinland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

It will restrict freedom of speech ...
    I laughed at this bit! :)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

I laughed at this bit! :)

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

Horrific, Shameful, Disgusting

Putin Burns His Dead to Hide Ukraine Aggression

May 26, 2015 6:00 AM EDT

Russia is so desperate to hide its military involvement in Ukraine that it has brought in mobile crematoriums to destroy the bodies of its war dead, say U.S. lawmakers who traveled to the war-torn country this spring.

The U.S. and NATO have long maintained that thousands of Russian troops are fighting alongside separatists inside eastern Ukraine, and that the Russian government is obscuring not only the presence but also the deaths of its soldiers there.

In March, NATO Deputy Secretary General Alexander Vershbow told a conference, "Russian leaders are less and less able to conceal the fact that Russian soldiers are fighting -- and dying -- in large numbers in eastern Ukraine."
    Hence the extreme measures to get rid of the evidence. “The Russians are trying to hide their casualties by taking mobile crematoriums with them,” House Armed Services Committee Chairman Mac Thornberry told me. “They are trying to hide not only from the world but from the Russian people their involvement.”
    Thornberry said he had seen evidence of the crematoriums from both U.S. and Ukrainian sources. He said he could not disclose details of classified information, but insisted that he believed the reports. “What we have heard from the Ukrainians, they are largely supported by U.S. intelligence and others,” he said.
    Representative Seth Moulton, a former Marine Corps officer and a Democrat on the Armed Services Committee, was with Thornberry on the Ukraine trip in late March. He tweeted about the mobile crematoriums at the time, but didn’t reveal his sources. He told me this week the information didn’t come just from Ukrainian officials, whose record of providing war intelligence to U.S. lawmakers isn’t stellar.
    “We heard this from a variety of sources over there, enough that I was confident in the veracity of the information,” Moulton said, also being careful not to disclose classified U.S. intelligence.
    Both Thornberry and Moulton agreed with Vershbow's assessment that Russian President Vladimir Putin was struggling to keep up the ruse that he has no soldiers fighting inside Ukraine.

Moulton said the mounting evidence of dead Russian soldiers is causing a domestic backlash for Putin. Russian and Ukrainian bloggers and activists have been compiling lists of Russian soldiers killed in Ukraine, including details of their service and circumstances of their deaths. New organizations in Russia representing soldiers’ families have sprung up to publicly challenge Putin's narrative.
    “Russia is clearly having a problem with their home front and the casualties they are taking from the war,” Moulton said. “The fact that they would resort to burning the bodies of their own soldiers is horrific and shameful.”

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-05-26/putin-burns-his-dead-to-hide-ukraine-aggression

I wonder if those soldiers' families organisations are going to find themselves on the wrong end of Putin's anti-NGO law.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I wonder if those soldiers' families organisations are going to find themselves on the wrong end of Putin's anti-NGO law.

Absolutely give it a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

The BBC one a very good documentary on him a couple of years ago - thered nearly be enough material foranother episode or 2 now since what hes been up to since 2012

loughside wrote: »
    Horrific, Shameful, Disgusting

Putin Burns His Dead to Hide Ukraine Aggression

May 26, 2015 6:00 AM EDT

Russia is so desperate to hide its military involvement in Ukraine that it has brought in mobile crematoriums to destroy the bodies of its war dead, say U.S. lawmakers who traveled to the war-torn country this spring.

The U.S. and NATO have long maintained that thousands of Russian troops are fighting alongside separatists inside eastern Ukraine, and that the Russian government is obscuring not only the presence but also the deaths of its soldiers there.

In March, NATO Deputy Secretary General Alexander Vershbow told a conference, "Russian leaders are less and less able to conceal the fact that Russian soldiers are fighting -- and dying -- in large numbers in eastern Ukraine."
    Hence the extreme measures to get rid of the evidence. “The Russians are trying to hide their casualties by taking mobile crematoriums with them,” House Armed Services Committee Chairman Mac Thornberry told me. “They are trying to hide not only from the world but from the Russian people their involvement.”
    Thornberry said he had seen evidence of the crematoriums from both U.S. and Ukrainian sources. He said he could not disclose details of classified information, but insisted that he believed the reports. “What we have heard from the Ukrainians, they are largely supported by U.S. intelligence and others,” he said.
    Representative Seth Moulton, a former Marine Corps officer and a Democrat on the Armed Services Committee, was with Thornberry on the Ukraine trip in late March. He tweeted about the mobile crematoriums at the time, but didn’t reveal his sources. He told me this week the information didn’t come just from Ukrainian officials, whose record of providing war intelligence to U.S. lawmakers isn’t stellar.
    “We heard this from a variety of sources over there, enough that I was confident in the veracity of the information,” Moulton said, also being careful not to disclose classified U.S. intelligence.
    Both Thornberry and Moulton agreed with Vershbow's assessment that Russian President Vladimir Putin was struggling to keep up the ruse that he has no soldiers fighting inside Ukraine.

Moulton said the mounting evidence of dead Russian soldiers is causing a domestic backlash for Putin. Russian and Ukrainian bloggers and activists have been compiling lists of Russian soldiers killed in Ukraine, including details of their service and circumstances of their deaths. New organizations in Russia representing soldiers’ families have sprung up to publicly challenge Putin's narrative.
    “Russia is clearly having a problem with their home front and the casualties they are taking from the war,” Moulton said. “The fact that they would resort to burning the bodies of their own soldiers is horrific and shameful.”

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-05-26/putin-burns-his-dead-to-hide-ukraine-aggression

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I'm laughing sovietly to myself here

Last night I watched a rather decent movie on ITV.

"Apollo 13" with 3 fine actors, Kevin Bacon, Tom Hanks and Bill Paxton.
    Ed Harris was in there too.

I digress. This movie was a very convincing recreation of the almost fatal lunar excursion of the aforementioned Apollo 13.

This voyage was embarked upon in 1970. That's 45 years ago.
    Communications were available between Houston and this capsule as it was almost a quarter of a million miles from Earth.
    That was 45 years ago.

Since then one can, from space, take a photo of anything. But STILL not a single image of a Russian tank or a Russian corpse or a Russian bunch of undertakers dashing in to grab the bodies that were slaughtered by Kiev and then nipping back across the border to hide the evidence.

• Advertisement

What's the matter, lads?

Can't find that BUK? Can't find a single Russian tank in East Ukraine? Can't find a single Russian military plane that has violated Ukrainian airspace? Can't even find a single civilian who can corroborate anything?

Can't find a single Russian corpse? Not a single Russian soldier captured? Not a single image of convoys of Russian supplies needed to support the thousands of Russian troops?
    Not even a photo of a Russian supply plane, scores of which would be needed to supply 1000s of Russian soldiers.
    Not a single photograph from locals of a tank, a soldier, a helicopter, a fighter plane, nothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement