Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,222 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I agree with you for once - The USA wanting to stamp out bribery and corruption! :pac:

Theres an old story about a US President who said about a corrupt Latin American dictator:
    "....... he may be a sonofabitch but he's OUR sonofabitch..."
    It seems that those arrested are not "ours"

The US responded to Putin by pointing out that there were a load of americans arrested and not a single Russian

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

I think we might have busted a few posters here.;)

Russian 'troll factory' hard at work.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/russian-troll-factory-flooding-internet-with-propaganda-1.2396874

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Grayson wrote: »
    The US responded to Putin by pointing out that there were a load of americans arrested and not a single Russian
    a load? Where are you getting your information?
    The seven arrested come from the Cayman Islands, Uruguay, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Britain, Venezuela and Brazil.
    Jeffrey Webb of the Cayman Islands.
    Eugenio Figueredo of Uruguay.
    Eduardo Li of Costa Rica
    Julio Rocha of Nicaragua
    Costas Takkas of Britain
    Rafael Esquivel of Venezuela.
    Jose Maria Marin of Brazil.

a load? Where are you getting your information?
    The seven arrested come from the Cayman Islands, Uruguay, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Britain, Venezuela and Brazil.

That's not everyone that was arrested. 9 were arrested and another load were indicted.

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/nine-fifa-officials-and-five-corporate-executives-indicted-racketeering-conspiracy-and

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

I have to admit that I owe all on this forum, in fact all everywhere, an apology.

It has come to light that I was utterly and most shamedly wrong in everything I ever thought or expressed about Russian involvement in the killing of the people on board the MH-17 flight.

Australia's 60 Minutes aired a program, led by Michael Usher, whereby they found the evidence of Russian teams escaping after shooting down the Malaysian airliner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syVNYLkmgPA

I apologise to all.

I was SO wrong.

Robert Parry thinks otherwise but I'm sure now. I'm convinced and I'm sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Me too, I owe everyone an apology, it seems that Russian troops are in fact in Ukraine and Putin has found a way to dispose of dead bodies.
    Don't be surprised if this is in tomorrow's Guardian.
    http://russia-insider.com/en/us-lawmaker-putin-eating-dead-russian-soldiers-ukraine/ri7557

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Not sure if serious. Too lazy to click links.

I've been hurt before, guys. Don't play with me. :'(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

A bit late for April's fools

I would like to apologize profusely for perhaps having my own skewed interpretation of law.

please accept my apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Egginacup wrote: »
    I would like to apologize profusely for perhaps having my own skewed interpretation of law.

please accept my apologies.

Did they cancel the direct debit?

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    A bit late for April's fools

I'm apologizing. Doesn't that warrant a smidgen of acceptance on your part?

To be fair, at first I thought you were a putin bot. Then I saw you posting on other threads. And I did find myself occasionally agreeing with you on those threads.

I'll accept the apology as original and not a joke. I've had to make a few in my time and it's not easy :)

Not sure if serious. Too lazy to click links.

I've been hurt before, guys. Don't play with me. :'(:D

The link is a genuine link :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Fair play tbh, it's taken a while but that makes it even more difficult to acknowledge one's errors. So well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Laoislion8383

I have great admiration for Putin after I watched a video online once it was seriously rough filmed during the war in chechnya it started with 6/7 Russia troops tied and lined up on the ground face down the rebels then begin to interrogate them one by one the video is translated the troops while terrified try to convince their captors that there is no other Russia troops around they are the last the rest fled, they then begin to cut the throats of the Russian troops one by one while teasing and laughing at them it makes for hard watching I must say. Anyhow the story goes the Putin got to see this video and without hesitation sent in the Russia special forces to hunt down the killers which is what they did, and within the space of 6 months they captured and killed each of those involved and what's more they recorded the killed and in turn posted them on the net.

true story that search it on google

I have great admiration for Putin after I watched a video online once it was seriously rough filmed during the war in chechnya it started with 6/7 Russia troops tied and lined up on the ground face down the rebels then begin to interrogate them one by one the video is translated the troops while terrified try to convince their captors that there is no other Russia troops around they are the last the rest fled, they then begin to cut the throats of the Russian troops one by one while teasing and laughing at them it makes for hard watching I must say. Anyhow the story goes the Putin got to see this video and without hesitation sent in the Russia special forces to hunt down the killers which is what they did, and within the space of 6 months they captured and killed each of those involved and what's more they recorded the killed and in turn posted them on the net.

true story that search it on google

There's also hundreds of thousands of civilians who were killed there during the second Chechen war. Massive atrocities were committed during the war by Russians.

There's even evidence to suggest that the bombings in Moscow were orchestrated by Putin. (Although I will admit I'm not convinced by it at the moment.)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I have great admiration for Putin after I watched a video online...

Ummm. Your average putin supporter no doubt.

Maybe familiarising yourself with the actual facts of the conflict might be a good start instead of relying on a youtube video.

:rolleyes:

InTheTrees wrote: »

Maybe familiarising yourself with the actual facts of the conflict might be a good start instead of relying on a youtube video.

It wasn't a you tube video, and if the facts involve a country defending its territory and people from a bunch of terrorists then I am fully supportive of such an move which is what that war was about. I am not one of these brainwashed suckers that believe everything the western media preaches about Putin.

It is my firm beliefs that numeours Western countries are activly trying to get Russia and Iran involved in a war for the past 10 years ever since they stated to trade oil in euros and not the almighty dollar, hence the support for the Ukrainean rebels and the lack of support for fighting ISIS

It's also why Iraq was invaded it wasn't for weapons of mass destruction( the world and his mother knew they didn't have WMP) or even to topple sadam, it was because the Christmas before Iraq started to sell its oil to Russia and China in euros and not dollars and this fundamentally undermined the value of the dollar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

US-Iran relations have improved greatly since Obama came into office. The main bone of contention currently is that the USA do not want Iran to develop nuclear capabilities. US foreign policy with Iran is aiming for rapproachement, not war.

No western agnecy would benefit from, or have any motivation for, a war with Russia. Crazy talk.

The USA is actively combatting ISIS.

I agree that the invasion of Iraq was about oil and that the notion of WMD was a manufactured pretext. In fact my understanding is that the invasion was part of what led to the current situation with ISIS... I think most people agree that the Bush administration was a disaster. But that's just not really relevant here.

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    There's also hundreds of thousands of civilians who were killed there during the second Chechen war. Massive atrocities were committed during the war by Russians.

There's even evidence to suggest that the bombings in Moscow were orchestrated by Putin. (Although I will admit I'm not convinced by it at the moment.)

Then don't bring it up unless you're in the business of "suggestion".

Why do you always label someone who opposes slaughter a "putinbot"? Does me being revolted by American troops raping and machine-gunning to death Vietnamese children make me something that you don't like?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Why do you always label someone who opposes slaughter a "putinbot"? Does me being revolted by American troops raping and machine-gunning to death Vietnamese children make me something that you don't like?

This thread is about Putin/Russia, not America in Vietnam.

And how about you stop dodging questions while you're at it
    Does Russia do ANYTHING wrong in your world Eggy?
    Tell us something Eggy, did the USSR invade Poland and Finland in 1939 and Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia in 1940?

It wasn't a you tube video, and if the facts involve a country defending its territory and people from a bunch of terrorists then I am fully supportive of such an move which is what that war was about. I am not one of these brainwashed suckers that believe everything the western media preaches about Putin.

Hang on a second, the chechens were fighting to get seperation from their country so by that token you must oppose the russian rebels in Ukraine right? And by your definition the seperatists in Ukraine must be terrorists right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

I wouldnt like to meet him down a dark alley. Former KGB so he probably know 100 different ways to kill you.

This thread is about Putin/Russia, not America in Vietnam.

Very good. Then don't have your minions allude to deaths and atrocities in Chechnya as if they were somehow a stipulation of this discussion. Don't have them talk about hundreds of thousands of deaths and crimes that "were" committed and then allow this kind of talk be laid on the door of Putin as if he pulled the trigger.

I'd be very interested to know the death toll from the Chechnya campaign. I'll accept the numbers unlike so many on here who still think that the American holocaust of Iraq only claimed 70 or 80 thousand lives. The same number that would die by natural causes in a year anyway.

This thread may be about Putin and Russia. If that's so then stop bringing up the USSR. But if you must rail and yammer on about the massive quantities of corpses that are rotting as a result of Putin's military machine then it behoves you to not only provide examples of this horror but to also enlighten us as to how many more he is supposed to have butchered than your gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I seem to remember incidents involving the Russians
    '56 Hungary massacre
    '68 oh yeah Russians massacred people in Czechoslovakia
    '79 Afghanistan

Seems to happen everytime the Russians don't get there way" invasions" follow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Keep going.. What about all the German women and kids that were raped and murdered by the Russians in Germany post WW2??

Anyway.....aren't we coming up on the release of the findings of the investigation of what happened to the Malaysian Airlines flight?

July I believe is the month.....a 1 year anniversary. How cute. Now I've apologised because I've been found wanting by an Australian dispatch, aka "60 Minutes" and a clown called Usher who has tried to bluff out the simpletons. Not only that but when called on his shitty reportage his response was to call names rather than address his dreadful journalistic endeavours.

He has found the place where a Russian missile battery was filmed. And that's the guts of it.

in the words of Colonel Nathan R. Jessup (A Few Good Men) "Please tell me you have more than this"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Anyway.....aren't we coming up on the release of the findings of the investigation of what happened to the Malaysian Airlines flight?

July I believe is the month.....a 1 year anniversary. How cute. Now I've apologised because I've been found wanting by an Australian dispatch, aka "60 Minutes" and a clown called Usher who has tried to bluff out the simpletons. Not only that but when called on his shitty reportage his response was to call names rather than address his dreadful journalistic endeavours.

He has found the place where a Russian missile battery was filmed. And that's the guts of it.

in the words of Colonel Nathan R. Jessup (A Few Good Men) "Please tell me you have more than this"

Are you a Kremlin spambot..

You only ever post pro russian bollox and evade questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Very good. Then don't have your minions allude to deaths and atrocities in Chechnya as if they were somehow a stipulation of this discussion. Don't have them talk about hundreds of thousands of deaths and crimes that "were" committed and then allow this kind of talk be laid on the door of Putin as if he pulled the trigger.

Minions? I have minions? If I have minions then why aren't they getting me some tea and a sandwich! Please tell me who these minions of mine are so that I can punish them for their slackness

Also Chechnya is pertinent to this discussion as it is a part of Russia. It is a part of Russia isn't it?

Are the Chechens not freedom fighters? Or is someone a "freedom fighter" when their on the side you support but comparable people in another territory are "terrorists"?
    I'd be very interested to know the death toll from the Chechnya campaign. I'll accept the numbers unlike so many on here who still think that the American holocaust of Iraq only claimed 70 or 80 thousand lives. The same number that would die by natural causes in a year anyway.

The Russians are the ones with the best resources to give a casualty figure for Chechnya, do you think that an honest accounting is going to be forthcoming from them any time soon?
    This thread may be about Putin and Russia. If that's so then stop bringing up the USSR. But if you must rail and yammer on about the massive quantities of corpses that are rotting as a result of Putin's military machine then it behoves you to not only provide examples of this horror but to also enlighten us as to how many more he is supposed to have butchered than your gang.

My gang? Pray tell which gang is my gang? Where have I said that I have allegiance to any "gang"?

Where have I posted anything about "the massive quantities of corpses rotting as a result of Putin's military machine"? I have merely tried to ask you some simple questions which you continually dodge.

And if you don't get the similarities between the USSR and Putin's Russia then you must have your head in the sand. Don't forget that ol' Vlad was a KGB officer in the USSR.

So, how about you stop dodging these
    Does Russia do ANYTHING wrong in your world Eggy?
    Tell us something Eggy, did the USSR invade Poland and Finland in 1939 and Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia in 1940?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement