Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Wait, are you criticising the validity of the evidence that you, yourself, apologised over, Egg?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,222 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I'm always amused by comparisons between the USSR/Russia & the USA. It's like saying who's worse the Lannisters or the Tyrells.
    They're both cnuts.

There is one big difference between USA and USS/Russia. That's the amount of personal freedom that their citizens have. People in the USA did have a more freedom than people in the USSR. Even now they don't have the restrictive anti gay laws and their press is unrestricted. Whereas Russia has mainly state controlled media.

When it comes to foreign policy both have been utter dicks for the last 70 years. There have been occasions of altrusim but mainly they've been dicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Back to normal business for Egginacup.... That wasn't unexpected tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Imagine the favour it would have done the world and the Russian people if that mini-sub had sprung a leak :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

gandalf wrote: »
    Imagine the favour it would have done the world and the Russian people if that mini-sub had sprung a leak :)

With Obama, Merkel and Cameron in it? Yes, absolutely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

gandalf wrote: »
    Putin would survive, james bond style.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

We really know fcuk all about Russia in this country, I'd say.

Two things I noted - the govt gets involved in everything, but maybe in a more intrusive, heavy handed way than here and...

As far as we know, they're aiming to eradicate homosexuality again - which means a lot of grief and hardship for a lot of people.

On the plus side, if you ever need an alternative reality, there it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 436 ✭✭Old Jakey

The scourge of the West. I'd love so see him beat the **** of John Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Putin is a true leader of men. Not a puppet or a lizard in disguise.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 DetroitSpinR

snubbleste wrote: »
    Putin does the mini-submarine routine. Again.

Is that a real pic.....hardly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Putin is a true leader of men. Not a puppet or a lizard in disguise.

Are you saying enda kenny is a lizard in disguise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Old Jakey wrote: »
    The scourge of the West. I'd love so see him beat the **** of John Kerry

For all his bravado, Putin is just a bully. Kerry would probably murder him..

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Kerry spent years as a POW. I'd say he'd knock lumps out of Putin.

I doubt it, kerry looks like a character out of the Muppet Show. So I'd say 'The Putinnator' would probably Judo him to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

My original,post about Kerry was incorrect, I was thinking of McCain.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

So an Estonian investigating russian smuggling gangs gets kidnapped by the Russian secret police and then gets 15 years in a sham trial. Russia is so phenomenally corrupt at this stage, it's beyond a joke.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/russia-jails-estonian-security-service-officer-eston-kohver-for-spying-691798.html

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

So an Estonian investigating russian smuggling gangs gets kidnapped by the Russian secret police and then gets 15 years in a sham trial. Russia is so phenomenally corrupt at this stage, it's beyond a joke.

I suppose they haven't really mastered the American model of abduction & rendition yet, for going after their enemies on foreign shores

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

If you want to complain about the Americans then go start up a thread about it, otherwise quit the whataboutery.

As for Vlad, he's just taking some inspiration from that other ruthless tyrant Joe Stalin and using show trials to get his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Putin wrote: »
    I suppose they haven't really mastered the American model of abduction & rendition yet, for going after their enemies on foreign shores

Still using the Trotsky model.

Remember the journalist killed in London with radioactive pulonium?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Why is the default 'defense' always to attack or compare with America? This isn't 1989, and what's more, we live in Ireland, what America does or doesn't do right is irrelevant to how right or wrong Russia is behaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭SamHarris

There is no need for rendition when torture is used routinely by all law enforcement agencies in the country, as well as by the FSB.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2013/06/torture-russia-torture-traditional-component-proof/

They dont have a problem doing it themselves, there are no agencies to protect their own citizens let alone foreigners within their borders. Hence, no rendition.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Why is the default 'defense' always to attack or compare with America?
    Russia suffers from seriously low self-esteem - compare the amount of state money spent in Russia telling their citizens how awful the USA is with the amount of cash spent in the USA slagging off Russia - the ratio must easily be in double digits, if not triple. Or, compare the number of Russians living in the USA or wanting to, with the number of Americans living in Russia, or wanting to. Russia knows that many, and possibly most, of its own citizens can't stand it either.

All Russia can do these days is play out the low-self-esteem, schoolyard bully act via the medium of its bare-chested "action" president.

As Russia can't ever be the USA with its current criminal political leadership, all it can do instead is just insult the USA.

It's embarrassing really.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    As far as we know, they're aiming to eradicate homosexuality again - which means a lot of grief and hardship for a lot of people.
    Not really. As somebody once said, if they outlawed being gay, then the Putinator would need to get rid of half his government.

Nah, Putin is just creating an outgroup whom it's easy for the easily-led to hate. Nothing more or less really. Could have been anybody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

SamHarris wrote: »
    There is no need for rendition when torture is used routinely by all law enforcement agencies in the country, as well as by the FSB.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2013/06/torture-russia-torture-traditional-component-proof/

They dont have a problem doing it themselves, there are no agencies to protect their own citizens let alone foreigners within their borders. Hence, no rendition.

Oh well if the fat cats of amnesty international on there exorbitant salaries say so it must be true.Its been claimed,by a former board member,that US and UK contributions can range as high as 20% annually.Amnesty's funding last year grossed just under £62,000,000,now that's got to buy you a lot of mic time...

robindch wrote: »
    Russia suffers from seriously low self-esteem - compare the amount of state money spent in Russia telling their citizens how awful the USA is with the amount of cash spent in the USA slagging off Russia - the ratio must easily be in double digits, if not triple. Or, compare the number of Russians living in the USA or wanting to, with the number of Americans living in Russia, or wanting to. Russia knows that many, and possibly most, of its own citizens can't stand it either.

All Russia can do these days is play out the low-self-esteem, schoolyard bully act via the medium of its bare-chested "action" president.

As Russia can't ever be the USA with its current criminal political leadership, all it can do instead is just insult the USA.

It's embarrassing really.

The Russian inferiority complex is mainly directed at the US but you can see it at work in any number of other areas.

Just in case anyone is interested in the main signs of an inferiority complex

- A strong tendency to blame (pretty obvious in nearly everything in this case)
    - fear of competition (again, pretty obvious a la Russia - US)
    -A hypocritical attitude ( come to think of it you can see these throughout the posts made by the Putinites, particularly when they bring up the States.)
    -Hypersensitive to criticism (again, obvious both on the forum and in the Russian government itself)

And

-Feelings of persectution. (wow, its like they read the list and go ticking the boxes every time they post, or every time the Russian government are creating a story for their media outlets to parrot.)

Its almost embarrassing how much they fit the bill.

fran17 wrote: »
    Oh well if the fat cats of amnesty international on there exorbitant salaries say so it must be true.Its been claimed,by a former board member,that US and UK contributions can range as high as 20% annually.Amnesty's funding last year grossed just under £62,000,000,now that's got to buy you a lot of mic time...

Your personal incredulity means absolutely nothing to everyone.

Show some evidence that this particular article is the product of lies (at which point I will just find one of the many other articles from many other groups that say the same thing, and we can start again) because we all already know you dont want to believe it, it's just irrelevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Remember the journalist killed in London with radioactive pulonium?

Journalist my arse. I think you mean the intelligence officer, allegedly killed by other intelligence officers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

Show some evidence that this particular article is the product of lies (at which point I will just find one of the many other articles from many other groups that say the same thing, and we can start again) because we all already know you dont want to believe it, it's just irrelevant.

That's fine because I'm not here to appease anyone.Do you believe that the US state department neither seeks nor receives any preferential treatment as a result of these excessive contributions?
    Personally I believe they do and they would be foolish not to seek this.Amnesty international do a lot of very commendable work but because of there continued denial regarding receiving state donations they leave themselves open to very valid criticism.

• Advertisement

Just to save me sometime, once you've investigated the last link thoroughly enough to debunk it (you should probably send your report to your favourite news agency to, it would be pretty big news) you might as well get started on this one .

https://www.hrw.org/report/1999/11/01/confessions-any-cost-police-torture-russia

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement