Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Gatling wrote: »
    So your saying it never happened .

Well what's wrong with it? You don't have a problem with Poroshenko dropping barrel bombs or whatever ordnance he uses on his own population, civilians in Luhansk, etc. Are some guys who "massacre" their own people more acceptable than others?

Yes he did .

But hey anything for a bit of attention

Oh no he didn't. You're just making it up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭SeanW

Isn't it strange that since Russia stepped up support for Assad the media has dropped all mention of ISIS crimes and changed it's tune to "Assad is responsible" for the civil war in Syria - all is forgotten, ISIS are now the good guys! You don't see this anymore ----> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3002547/IS-likely-committing-genocide-against-Yazidi-minority-Iraq-UN.html
    Who cares about the Yazidis now? Like the Crimean Tatars they had their uses!
    Funny, I've just been reading about ISIS in that same publication today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3253107/Is-ISIS-commander-AMERICAN-jihadi-Yazidi-slave-reveals-beaten-held-captive-citizen-directs-attacks-keeps-vial-poison-kill-caught.html

But yep, it's all about Putin and Assad ... only it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Oh no he didn't. You're just making it up now.

Yes he did hes been massacreing his own population for years I know your an assad fanboi but your statement is ridiculous,

The assad regime has killed more Syrians than Isis and the various other armed forces currently in syria

Yes he did hes been massacreing his own population for years I know your an assad fanboi but your statement is ridiculous,

The assad regime has killed more Syrians than Isis and the various other armed forces currently in syria

Well all you ever do is throw out accusations and allegations none of which you ever back up. Anyone can do that but saying it doesn't make it true. Stamping your feet and sneering doesn't make you any more believable either.

You still haven't condemned Poroshenko's massacres of civilians in Luhansk and Donetsk. You're deafeningly quiet on that while screeching like a banshee about Assad's alleged pogroms.

What about NATO good old boy Erdogan. He's gotten all this military materiel from NATO and instead of turning it on ISIS extremists, he ignores them and instead on Kurdish civilians in the east. Don't say much about that either do you?

You know that Syrian kid who washed up on the beach in Bodrum? Well that's a daily occurrence for Kurds.

Selective outrage, eh? You seem a little prone to that.

• Advertisement

Well all you ever do is throw out accusations and allegations none of which you ever back up. Anyone can do that but saying it doesn't make it true. Stamping your feet and sneering doesn't make you any more believable either.

You still haven't condemned Poroshenko's massacres of civilians in Luhansk and Donetsk. You're deafeningly quiet on that while screeching like a banshee about Assad's alleged pogroms.

What about NATO good old boy Erdogan. He's gotten all this military materiel from NATO and instead of turning it on ISIS extremists, he ignores them and instead on Kurdish civilians in the east. Don't say much about that either do you?

You know that Syrian kid who washed up on the beach in Bodrum? Well that's a daily occurrence for Kurds.

Selective outrage, eh? You seem a little prone to that.

Very vocal on Ukraine but hey keep trying sure isn't there people who deny the Holocaust people just can't face facts

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Vladimir Putin, always shootin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Well in fairness he has sent military aid to Syria to defend Christians there from ISIS and also aid to Donbass to defend ethnic Russians from Ukrainian attacks so 1 and 3 on your list are probably not that true. And he did hand back a Lithuanian spy over the weekend.

I'm sure he's working on the rest of the list.

No.

He sent military aid to Syria because the Assad regime owes him billions and if he has any chance to recoup that money he needs them to be in power. If he gave a shirra about Christians then where are his troops in Nigeria, or Iraq. He sent the troops into the Ukraine to seize land.

But you are right he probably is working on the rest of that list in so far as he is working out how to 'remove' them as obstacles to his ascendancy.

Very vocal on Ukraine but hey keep trying sure isn't there people who deny the Holocaust people just can't face facts

But Poroshenko HAS been massacring his own people. Are you ok with that or are you as outraged as you are about the massacres you claim Assad is committing?
    Change the subject if you want but it doesn't make you look very sincere or principled in your moral stance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 mimi90

He is running rings around the clowns in charge of the west. Always seems to be one step ahead with a counter to every move they make.

• Advertisement

No.

He sent military aid to Syria because the Assad regime owes him billions and if he has any chance to recoup that money he needs them to be in power. If he gave a shirra about Christians then where are his troops in Nigeria, or Iraq. He sent the troops into the Ukraine to seize land.

But you are right he probably is working on the rest of that list in so far as he is working out how to 'remove' them as obstacles to his ascendancy.

You are correct that Syria is within russia's sphere of influence and has been an ally for 50 years. They're not going to sit by and allow Washington to conduct yet another coup detat there and then park a few hundred war heads pointed at moscow. The Russians probably care as little for civilians or minorities as the US and Nato do. But Russia is hosting nearly a million refugees from the Ukraine crisis and hundreds of thousands fleeing Syria. NATO and the Eu are clubbing them off the streets and talking about building walls to keep them out.
    Two to three million have fled Iraq to Syria ... Talk about frying pans and fires all thanks to NATO democracy spreading and people are banging on about gay rights in Russia, haha.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 mimi90

NATO democracy spreading and people are banging on about gay rights in Russia, haha.
    Hold on a moment, gay rights trumps all other things, the west can get away with murder now that gays can marry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

What evidence is there of massacring in Eastern Ukraine? :confused:

I've followed Ukraine since it was just a few rocks been thrown in the Maidan. Never heard of any summary executions or direct (targeted) firing on unarmed civilians. That hasn't happened since Yanukovych ordered police to fire on "protesters" (admittedly rioters who were using petrol bombs/nail bombs).

Civilians have been killed, by both 'sides'. Mostly by artillirary. However, Ukraine have been stepping up efforts to limit this by using drones and listening equipment. Not to mention always pushing for peace as they know they cannot stop Russia.

Using the terms "massacring" is laughable when describing the actions of Ukrainian military and separatist paramilitaries towards civilians.

But Poroshenko HAS been massacring his own people. Are you ok with that or are you as outraged as you are about the massacres you claim Assad is committing?
    Change the subject if you want but it doesn't make you look very sincere or principled in your moral stance.

You absolutely have no clue .

What massacres would this be the shooting of unarmed protesters Ohhhhhhhh that was yanukovic remember him corrupt Russian puppet who stole billions, signed deals to keep Russian troops in Crimea ,remember that place little green men aka Russian special forces who turned up in Crimea overnight and forced a referendum to rejoin Russia at threat of military action,
    Flight MH17 remember that you 300 innocent civilians shot out of the sky by a Russian anti air missle inside sovereign Ukraine territory ,
    The majority of the deaths in Ukraine as of the latest figures is just over 6000 mostly made up of Ukrainian military forces and several thousand Russian troops remember inside Ukrainian sovereign territory.

Want to talk Ukraine assad

mimi90 wrote: »
    Hold on a moment, gay rights trumps all other things, the west can get away with murder now that gays can marry.

I agree mimi......and womens' rights are as important. A female can actually steer a drone....one of those Predator things with greater dexterity than a male.

Fukuyama wrote: »
    What evidence is there of massacring in Eastern Ukraine? :confused:

I've followed Ukraine since it was just a few rocks been thrown in the Maidan. Never heard of any summary executions or direct (targeted) firing on unarmed civilians. That hasn't happened since Yanukovych ordered police to fire on "protesters" (admittedly rioters who were using petrol bombs/nail bombs).

Civilians have been killed, by both 'sides'. Mostly by artillirary. However, Ukraine have been stepping up efforts to limit this by using drones and listening equipment. Not to mention always pushing for peace as they know they cannot stop Russia.

Using the terms "massacring" is laughable when describing the actions of Ukrainian military and separatist paramilitaries towards civilians.

Well do you deny that Poroshenko's artillery had been shelling civilians?
    Now if you would like to define the term "massacring" then I'd gladly like to hear what your understanding of it is. I hear that Assad has been "massacring" his Syrian countrymen/countrywomen for years (Gatling's words) but I have yet to find anything other than a lot of talk and then some vague references to 200 people at Houla. This alleged massacre at Houla was quietly dropped by the UN because of lack of evidence.

Now if there is as little evidence to support such a massacre by Assad then you ought to lend the same level of skepticism and doubt against any other massacres.

If you are so insistent on seeing evidence of Poroshenko shelling civilians in Donbass, Erdogan bombing Kurds in Eastern Turkey, then should you not also insist on seeing evidence of Assad's forces "butchering" Syrians (with barrel bombs) for years (according to Gatling)?

Just seems fair to me. You might not agree.

200,000 + Syrians dead at the hands of assads forces run along now assad.

You lost again

I have never denied the Holocaust so please don't allude to that. You do realise that it's a crime in Europe to deny the Holocaust so if you're suggesting such a thing on my part then a mod should be involved.

Are you suggesting that I am a Holocaust denier?

I have never denied the Holocaust so please don't allude to that. You do realise that it's a crime in Europe to deny the Holocaust so if you're suggesting such a thing on my part then a mod should be involved.

Are you suggesting that I am a Holocaust denier?

Jesus wept,

run along now before you do yourself a mischief

You absolutely have no clue .

What massacres would this be the shooting of unarmed protesters Ohhhhhhhh that was yanukovic remember him corrupt Russian puppet who stole billions, signed deals to keep Russian troops in Crimea ,remember that place little green men aka Russian special forces who turned up in Crimea overnight and forced a referendum to rejoin Russia at threat of military action,
    Flight MH17 remember that you 300 innocent civilians shot out of the sky by a Russian anti air missle inside sovereign Ukraine territory ,
    The majority of the deaths in Ukraine as of the latest figures is just over 6000 mostly made up of Ukrainian military forces and several thousand Russian troops remember inside Ukrainian sovereign territory.

Want to talk Ukraine assad

Wer'e not talking about Yanukovic. He's gone. We are talking about Poroshenko's shelling of civilian areas in Eastern Ukraine. There's no need to bring up Yanukovic....unless you see how he is relevant. Poroshenko has been conducting the same level of massacres against civilians in Eastern Ukraine as you claim Assad has been conducting against Syrian civilians.

If you can't produce any evidence of Syrian massacres then why are you demanding evidence of Kiev's?
    Why are you sidetracking towards Crimea and MH17 and other issues.

You railed earlier about Assad massacring his people for years and when asked your opinion on Poroshenko's slaughter in Eastern Ukraine you have done nothing to treat the question with anything but contempt.

It's not a difficult question. It has nothing to do with green men in Crimea or Russian supplies to rebels or anything else. Kiev have been shelling Luhansk and Donbass and thousands have been killed. 800,000+ have fled into Russia and peripheral regions to escape the killing.

If it's an outrage that Assad is killing his own people, in your eyes, then why is it NOT an outrage that Poroshenko is killing his own people......in your eyes?

• Advertisement

Jesus wept,

run along now before you do yourself a mischief

So you're not then?

That's good.

Wer'e not talking about Yanukovic.

Who's we /were exactly,

You don't decide the rules ,

Yanukovic and Vladimir Putin are personally responsible for all the deaths in east Ukraine but has already been well established do try keep up ,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

MadYaker wrote: »

How's the Putin worship going for you? Bloody astounding how ye just ignore the likes of Litvinenko, MH17, their 'gay propaganda laws'... He's an incredibly awful individual who is both damaging Russia domestically and in reputation. It's a regression to previous styles of Russian government. But he's a great lad sure, eh?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Carlo Ancelotti

I get the impression Putin is never going to give up power in Russia willingly. Hes already managed to stay well longer than is normal.
    Maybe democracy doesnt suit Russia anyway. They had Stalin for decades and he is a national hero even now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm not a fan of Putin actually, far from it, I just thought it was interesting to hear his take on it. We only get one side of the story in our media, but yeah, pot calling the kettle black comes to mind

Sure didn't he just bomb Iran while trying to hit syria with dodgy cruise missles

Who's we /were exactly,

You don't decide the rules ,

Yanukovic and Vladimir Putin are personally responsible for all the deaths in east Ukraine but has already been well established do try keep up ,

No, I don't decide the rules. But I recognise a lying troll when I see one. A stirrer who makes false claims and then runs for cover when ordered to back them up.
    And for your information, I don't make the rules...but you don't get to tell people to "run along" either.

Now.....we're going to try something VERY simple here.

You just stated that Putin and Yanukovich are PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE for all the deaths in East Ukraine. There have been thousands. Would you like to elaborate on your beyond cretinous assertion or would you like to go quiet for a while and then stick your head up in a day or two and shout "heh, heh, Putinbot, heh, heh" before disappearing into the mud for another little while.

• Advertisement

No, I don't decide the rules. But I recognise a lying troll when I see one. A stirrer who makes false claims and then runs for cover when ordered to back them up.
    And for your information, I don't make the rules...but you don't get to tell people to "run along" either.

Now.....we're going to try something VERY simple here.

You just stated that Putin and Yanukovich are PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE for all the deaths in East Ukraine. There have been thousands. Would you like to elaborate on your beyond cretinous assertion or would you like to go quiet for a while and then stick your head up in a day or two and shout "heh, heh, Putinbot, heh, heh" before disappearing into the mud for another little while.

Poor ass .

Your little attacks are comical .

I don't hide your acting like a little child throwing a tantrum,

You did ,you did that .

And when YOU were asked to back up your claims of lies and what not .

What was your reply an little rant .

Jog on ass.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement