Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

arayess wrote: »
    looks like the russians don't care for your slander of putin.

State run poll likely run by state owned media ,

The fact 95% of russian beleive everything that state media tell them ,

Russia invaded Crimea to prevent the genocide of Russians at the hands of evil Ukrainians who wanted freedom and democracy.

Russia didn't shoot down MH17 it was Ukrainian fighter jets

There are no Russian troops in Ukraine

Russia and the assad regime aren't bombing civilians in syria Yada yada yada all headlines from russian state media as told by the Kremlin so if putin has a 70% + rating it's because the Kremlin says so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,910 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Gatling wrote: »
    State run poll likely run by state owned media ,

The fact 95% of russian beleive everything that state media tell them ,

Russia invaded Crimea to prevent the genocide of Russians at the hands of evil Ukrainians who wanted freedom and democracy.

Russia didn't shoot down MH17 it was Ukrainian fighter jets

There are no Russian troops in Ukraine

Russia and the assad regime aren't bombing civilians in syria Yada yada yada all headlines from russian state media as told by the Kremlin so if putin has a 70% + rating it's because the Kremlin says so

The Reuters article says the poll was run by VTsIOM, and guess what? VTsIOM's government-owned.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention this tidbit from that Reuters article:
    He has capitalized on conflicts in Ukraine and Syria to boost his popularity and his message that Russia is again a force to be reckoned with on the world stage has gone down well with voters.
    [...]
    Liberal opposition politicians say the figures are unfairly boosted by the fact that state TV, where most Russians get their news, affords Putin blanket and favorable coverage while largely ignoring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The propaganda on British state owned media has reached a new level of absurdity, it seems Russia and Assad are now responsible for the migrant crisis in Europe. Weaponising! Who thinks up this stuff?
    Apparently there was no NATO destruction in Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35706238

On RTE radio this morning Sean O'Rourke suggested to whoever he was interviewing that Russia is responsible for the migrant crisis, there was a pause and the reply from the aid worker was "we are seeing more and more Afghans"
    O'Rourke quickly moved on.

Apparently there was no NATO destruction in Afghanistan,

Yeah unfortunately for Nato and the Afghanistan population the destruction was started long before nato went into Afghanistan but they you know that been student of Soviet and Russians politics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

That's all very well but the opinions of Russians mean nothing.
    The west, meaning you know who, has decided that Putin is a bad man (bombing puppies and kittens) and has to go! He even does naughty things without getting permission from you know who!

Erm, Mr Propaganda Machine.... You complained about the Guaradian but could offer no criticism of the article's content. Seems you're pretty lacking in terms of logical arguments....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

The Reuters article says the poll was run by VTsIOM, and guess what? VTsIOM's government-owned.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention this tidbit from that Reuters article:

ah yes
    almost as unbiased as you sourcing the guardian...
    :pac:

B_Wayne wrote: »
    Erm, Mr Propaganda Machine.... You complained about the Guaradian but could offer no criticism of the article's content. Seems you're pretty lacking in terms of logical arguments....
    The Guardian is a smug sanctimonious rag, at least the Times, Express, Mail etc are honest.
    It churns out these idiotic anti-Russia stories for the masses every now and then which are soon forgotten until some hack comes up with another one.
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/05/russian-lawyers-accuse-unlikely-animal-chums-of-gay-propaganda

ah yes
    almost as unbiased as you sourcing the guardian...

Do you and Elmer deny that this man is being arrested and tried by the Russian authorities for as dumb a "crime" as blasphemy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

The US play's poker,while Russia play's chess....

I admire Putin although he has his fault's.

Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has become mentally ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

stuar wrote: »
    The US play's poker,while Russia play's chess....

I admire Putin although he has his fault's.

Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has become mentally ill.
    The US is winning.

https://www.stratfor.com/node/205816

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Do you and Elmer deny that this man is being arrested and tried by the Russian authorities for as dumb a "crime" as blasphemy?

dumb to you maybe...but in your drive for liberalism you forget that other cultures have standards different to our own and you have no right to demand they change that.

Our western allies the Thai's have a law with strict sanction for slagging off the king. blasphemy if you will. But that's ok cos they are our allies and are nice to gay people. That' s one I just picked up off the top of my head...i'm sure there are more of our "friends" with similar policies.
    You get the picture...

So why is russia getting lashed out out of it???.
    I don't see you crying a river over worse abuses in other parts of the world..

dumb to you maybe...but in your drive for liberalism you forget that other cultures have standards different to our own and you have no right to demand they change that.

Our western allies the Thai's have a law with strict sanction for slagging off the king. blasphemy if you will. But that's ok cos they are our allies and are nice to gay people. That' s one I just picked up off the top of my head...i'm sure there are more of our "friends" with similar policies.
    You get the picture...

Search my posts for "Saudi" and "Korea", hell I even mentioned how the institutional homophobia in the Middle East - including Saudi Arabia - disgusted me in this very thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

No we have every right to demand they change it, its just we don't have the power to ensure that they do. Human rights should not be dependent on 'cultures'.
    You get the picture...

Who ever suggest it was okay? Thai regressivism in relation to its monarchy is regularly commented upon and subject to criticism and mockery, as are their arcane drug laws. You are engaged in the most basic form of whataboutery.

And what off the opressions elsewhere in the globe? Do they some how mean its okay that Putin is making life hell for his LGBT citizens, amongst many other groups?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

The Guardian is a smug sanctimonious rag, at least the Times, Express, Mail etc are honest.
    It churns out these idiotic anti-Russia stories for the masses every now and then which are soon forgotten until some hack comes up with another one.
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/05/russian-lawyers-accuse-unlikely-animal-chums-of-gay-propaganda
    So y'know. The story is real. Being reported on numerous news outlets including Russia today, instead you desperately complain about news outlets reporting on it. But don't show what's untrue about the piece...

You get the picture...

I'm equally as critical as other homophobic regimes... The difference is that when Russia does something, you get propagandised in relation to it. Russia rolling back on human rights is a major issue. I also condemn theocratic states or any sort of fascist ruling really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You gotta admire the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

snubbleste wrote: »
    You gotta admire the man.

Only if you are sick in the head. A coward who sends others to poison his enemies with Polonium, has opposition politicians and over 300 journalists killed, who has lawyers who try to stand up for others tortured and beaten to death.

No, only a fellow psychopath could admire this creep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Vladimir wins again...

Vladimir wins again...

Couldn't single handed win the next Olympics could he

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

Yeah you know it's a real journalist outfit when they lead with 'Putin CRUSHES smartass'...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Another popular one is "absolutely destroys".

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    Couldn't single handed win the next Olympics could he

;)

He is a pretty fit guy. If he had the time I'm sure he could win an event or two.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Fareed Zakaria is a jerk off anyway.

He can't be taken seriously as a respected reporter or journalist or "pundit" or whatever the fuck these clowns call themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

He is a pretty fit guy. If he had the time I'm sure he could win an event or two.

I'm sorry, but lying, murder and hiding your corruptly obtained wealth overseas aren't Olympic events, though if they were, you are right, he would have agood chance.

A good laugh doesn't happen very often on a Monday morning but this is hilarious!
    https://off-guardian.org/2016/06/19/wheels-finally-come-off-the-guardians-russophobia/
    The propaganda is becoming more and more desperate by the day!
    GCHQ: I’m not sure we like your tone. Are we going to have to send the boys round again?

A good laugh doesn't happen very often on Monday

It does when you post

A good laugh doesn't happen very often on a Monday morning but this is hilarious!
    https://off-guardian.org/2016/06/19/wheels-finally-come-off-the-guardians-russophobia/

Surprised they didn't try and link the hooligans to MH17 :pac:

:eek:
    Senior government officials fear the violence unleashed by Russian hooligans at Euro 2016 was sanctioned by the Kremlin and are investigating links with Vladimir Putin’s regime.

LOL.

If Putin is directing Russian hooligans from the Kremlin, Cameron must be directing English hooligans from number 10. Some sort of proxy war maybe?? Seriously, ffs, The Guardian has lost the plot.

Maybe your attempt at a point would be relevant if Nick Griffin or Paul Golding were on the FA's board.

• Advertisement

If Putin is directing Russian hooligans from the Kremlin, Cameron must be directing English hooligans from number 10. Some sort of proxy war maybe?? Seriously, ffs, The Guardian has lost the plot.

The propaganda is reaching fantasy proportions at this stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement