Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭XsApollo

InTheTrees wrote: »
    So you're fine with the collapse of democracy is Russia?

Putin tramples on the russian constitution and you see that as a "plot" by the dreaded western media.

Are you as mad about the lack of democracy in China as you are about the "collapse" of democracy in Russia?

I suppose you could or are willing to implement your own sanctions on China.
    Throw out your phone, laptop , TV , clothes and whatever else you have that was made there.

Make a Stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Again with the deflection :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Russiaphobe.... Sigh. At the very least make it Russophobe to fit with Russophone.

Anyway. If WW3 happens it will be because Russia alnnexed part of Ukraine.

And anyone who is willing to start WW3 over their belief that Russia annexed a part of Ukraine needs their goddamn head examined.

In other words, "I typed something, I was queried on it..... but I've no Idea what I was on about".

Good job Eggy, good to have you back.

Or when it comes to you - "i'm going to play dumb here and pretend I don't know what is going on"

Maybe you are not pretending though.

gandalf wrote: »
    Again with the deflection :rolleyes:

It's not deflection.
    It's being a hypocrite.

• Advertisement

XsApollo wrote: »
    It's not deflection.
    It's being a hypocrite.

Yes it is. You're deflecting from the fact that the Novofuhrer is interfering with another sovereign country. But I guess that's yours and others primary purpose here (and elsewhere).

B_Wayne wrote: »
    The thing is, this claim has been espoused by numerous people. I have massive problems with human rights abuses in other countries. To use an example, Amnesty International have objected to human rights abuses globally including Saudi Arabia, Russia, US and China...

You just seem intent on selling an archetype of Russia, you don't seem to care that Russia have a ream of human rights abuses. You use the tactic of diverting from them.

Look.
    I'm sure you have issues with human rights as do I.
    I'm not saying Russia is a heaven and I am not saying they didn't do any of the stuff that has been pointed out.

I'm trying to make the point that We , the media and our politicians don't apply the same standards to other countries as we do with Russia do we?

Our media, our leaders , the EU, the US
    Jump straight on anything Russia does and denounces it yes?

But we say nothing about our friends and allies when they do the same?
    As a matter of fact we facilitate them to do the same.

There are 100's instances of hypocrisy when criticising Russia.

Supporting rebels in Ukraine?
    We sanction Russia.
    US is supporting rebels in Syria.
    Nothing.

Russia is flying military flights with transponders off.
    Makes the news and a bit of scaremongering.
    NATO are flying military and surveillance flights over the Baltic Sea all the time with transponders off.
    Nothing.
    Russia has agreed to fly with transponders on If NATO do the same.
    Nothing about that in the news.

Human rights abuses in Russia
    Pussy Riot
    Journalism.
    All being played out in the media as Putin turning into a dictator.
    But yet our Allies are best Buddies with Saudi Arabia.
    One of the worst abuser of human rights on the planet.

Guantanamo bay?
    Israel?

Our own elected leader flying to China to strike up relations and trade deals.
    Where are our morals about freedom of speech ,human rights and journalism when dealing with China?

Russia killed civilians in Syria.
    It's portrayed on the news and by the US in a negative way.
    US destroyed a hospital killing innocents.
    "We made a mistake"

The list goes on and on.
    Its hard to take criticism of Russia by countries and people seriously
    When we align ourselves with countries that are doing much worse.

Yes it is. You're deflecting from the fact that the Novofuhrer is interfering with another sovereign country. But I guess that's yours and others primary purpose here (and elsewhere).

Did we not help with the inference of another sovereign country ourselves?

How can we as a country and people cry about Russia invading Ukraine and sit on our high horse. When we facilitated the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq.

You don't see the hypocrisy in that do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Putin tramples on the russian constitution.
    When? How? Can you please explain. I won't bother asking for a source as I'm sure it will be Vice, Guardian, WSJ, Bloomberg or Business Insider ..... whats the difference anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'm sure it will be Vice, Guardian, WSJ, Bloomberg or Business Insider ..... whats the difference anyway?

Unlike the often quoted Sputnik ,Rt ,global research ............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Is there a credible news source in your eyes? I've seen the above, as well as BBC, Reuters, and just about every other known media outlet included in the list of 'non-credible' and 'biased' institutions that are seemingly either holding an extremely personal vendetta against Russia or are having their strings pulled by the powers that be. I won't point out the comical irony of the same posters very frequently using RT and on occassion, blogs, as the sources for their own claims.

Can you make a list of sources you deem fully credible, reliable and impartial? That would be a good start I think.

Did we not help with the inference of another sovereign country ourselves?

How can we as a country and people cry about Russia invading Ukraine and sit on our high horse. When we facilitated the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq.

You don't see the hypocrisy in that do you?

I see you are avoiding and deflecting still.

I marched against the Iraq war as did a large number of people in this country.

Now stop hiding behind what others do and address and condemn the fact that Russia is directly meddling in the sovereignty of a neighbouring country?

Is there a credible news source in your eyes? I've seen the above, as well as BBC, Reuters, and just about every other known media outlet included in the list of 'non-credible' and 'biased' institutions that are seemingly either holding an extremely personal vendetta against Russia or are having their strings pulled by the powers that be. I won't point out the comical irony of the same posters very frequently using RT and on occassion, blogs, as the sources for their own claims.

Can you make a list of sources you deem fully credible, reliable and impartial? That would be a good start I think.
    I watch BBC and RT and I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBTS which one is the biggest offender when it comes to spreading lies and misinformation.

Which one calls head chopping jihadist terrorists "moderates" ??

I see you are avoiding and deflecting still.

I marched against the Iraq war as did a large number of people in this country.

Now stop hiding behind what others do and address and condemn the fact that Russia is directly meddling in the sovereignty of a neighbouring country?

When you are referring to others... You mean us right?

Condemn it ? No

Disagree with it ? yes.

Do I have an open mind and could possibly see why they might do what they did? Yes. Do you?

Condemn it ? No

Disagree with it ? yes.

What parts do you disagree with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I watch BBC and RT and I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBTS which one is the biggest offender when it comes to spreading lies and misinformation.

Which one calls head chopping jihadist terrorists "moderates" ??

You still haven't answered the question at all, though, just deflected it completely. I'm not looking for an argument on the merits of either BBC or RT - just what news sources you consider credible, reliable and impartial.

This is what irks me, almost every question is deflected through off an-tangent assertion, counterclaim or opinion and and attempts to draw people up in it and move away from answering the original question.

You surely have a list of news sources that you personally deem reliable and trustworthy, and/or that you feel are broadly impartial.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

When? How? Can you please explain. I won't bother asking for a source as I'm sure it will be Vice, Guardian, WSJ, Bloomberg or Business Insider ..... whats the difference anyway?

Source?

Putin is a dictator. He manipulates "elections" to give an air of legitimacy but he's there to stay.

When is the next election anyway?

You still haven't answered the question at all, though, just deflected it completely. I'm not looking for an argument on the merits of either BBC or RT - just what news sources you consider credible, reliable and impartial.
    I like globalresearch and here's why, look at this, number 8 is hilarious and even more hilarious is the fact that people actually believed this nutjob nonsense!
    Number 6 comes in a close second :D
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/top-ten-acceptable-western-establishment-conspiracy-theories/5541112

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I like globalresearch and here's why, look at this, number 8 is hilarious and even more hilarious is the fact that people actually believed this nutjob nonsense!

Does it explain Putin's current political title and if he plans to hold an election any time soon?

Have there been any opinion polls about whether the Russian people are content to have Putin as permanent leader?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Source?

Putin is a dictator. He manipulates "elections" to give an air of legitimacy but he's there to stay.

When is the next election anyway?

That is an assertion and here we are in a Putin appreciation thread. The other parties that contest the elections are not much liked in Russia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,200 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Number 6 comes in a close second :D
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/top-ten-acceptable-western-establishment-conspiracy-theories/5541112

That's not news. That's a load of silly conspiracy theories that no news outlet would accept

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    That is an assertion and here we are in a Putin appreciation thread. The other parties that contest the elections are not much liked in Russia.

Other parties all we hear is mass corruption and sham show trials for anyone who stands against him or death whichever comes first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭jimmy blevins

Putin's playing a blinder in the Olympics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Gatling wrote: »
    Other parties all we hear is mass corruption and sham show trials for anyone who stands against him or death whichever comes first

All you hear reported from the biased reporters as opposed to the lack of any real opposition party in Russia. The liberals, Communists and separatists have very little in common with everyday Russian citizens. They could make a better Russia if instead of focusing their rage on the Kremlin they went after the corruption at the local level.

Putin's playing a blinder in the Olympics.

Apparently he decided if he couldn't use drug cheats he would buy the judges as seen in 2 shocking boxing results that favoured 2 russian boxers despite be battered in the ring

Gatling wrote: »
    Apparently he decided if he couldn't use drug cheats he would buy the judges as seen in 2 shocking boxing results that favoured 2 russian boxers despite be battered in the ring

How do you sleep at night knowing big bad Putin is out there ?
    Get a grip lol

How do you sleep at night knowing big bad Putin is out there

Quite easy actually .

Reading pro Putin posts on here remind just when you think the world is going down the ****ter some putinas come and post the amazing comedic stuff ever committed to print .

Makes me giggle and which adds to a great nights sleep

:-D

• Advertisement

Putin killed Princess Diana and created cancer.

He also stole ice-cream from a baby once.

- Gatling

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement