Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I said Romania not Bulgaria.
    Well if nuclear missiles are in Romania

There's not nuclear weapons in Romania,

It was a rumor that came from a russian media source

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Well if nuclear missiles are in Romania and theres nothing for anybody to worry about, would the United States have a problem with Russia just storing a few nukes in Cuba, seeing as it wouldn't be any more of a threat than already exists.
    Those missiles in Romania are only there because of the "Iranian threat" according to NATO.

Those missiles in Romania are only there because of the "Iranian threat" according to NATO.

Iran and rouge states hmmmmm.

Still only interception missles at that ,

It's the ones they won't see or hear they should be worrying about

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Well if nuclear missiles are in Romania and theres nothing for anybody to worry about, would the United States have a problem with Russia just storing a few nukes in Cuba, seeing as it wouldn't be any more of a threat than already exists.

You did. I was multitasking and typed the wrong country.

As Gatling has already pointed out, there aren't any US nukes in Romania so the Cuban thing is moot.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Except they aren't there:
    Romania Denies Accepting US Nuclear Weapons
    http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/romania-denies-nuclear-weapons-transfer-on-its-soil-08-18-2016

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

cnocbui wrote: »
    It doesn't matter that the defense system uses missiles, they are still incapable of striking ground targets in Russia and they don't have nuclear warheads.

They are not an offensive weapon no matter how much illogic you try and apply.

Russia isn't threatening the US dollar and the US don't care what currency Russia uses to sell its oil and energy.

Russian banks are not in the hands of the US, they are in the hands of Russians. Please explain exactly how you think the rouble is controlled by 'western interests' at the moment.

Who is guaranteeing a massive war and what nonsense are you talking about 90 million killed in a war over banks? This isn't supposed to be a conspiracy thread.

Ohhh, right, sorry our ancestors went to war with the Nazis because they were "evil", absolutely nothing to do with them costing western interests hundreds of billions with their hatred of banks and their costing western interests even more by looking to expand into African territory that western interests already held. Gotcha ;)

It was one power rising to challenge another and it lost. It really is that simple.

As for your implication that missiles can't be used offensively well.... :roll:
    In that case as mentioned, Russia should put non nuclear, defensive missiles in Cuba, should Cuba agree. I'm sure you'd have no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Gatling wrote: »
    Iran

Does it not ever strike you, just a little, as curious, why countries like Iran are "dangerous and need to be put down" while countries like Saudi Arabia are "freinds and allies?

Does it not ever strike you, just a little, as curious, why countries like Iran are "dangerous and need to be put down" while countries like Saudi Arabia are "freinds and allies?

I consider them all dangerous been honest iran , saudi,turkey , russia and China ,hence why im more than happy to see missle defenses across Europe ,
    But when you have russia with a massive nuclear arsenal and increasing that arsenal for no reason other than putin has Nato down as some bogey man who's completely surrounded the country with bases and missles ,
    The biggest threat to putin is democracy and European living standards and wages ,
    His biggest military threat is China yes there allies to a degree but China is the dangerous one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

I consider them all dangerous been honest iran , saudi,turkey , russia and China ,hence why im more than happy to see missle defenses across Europe ,
    But when you have russia with a massive nuclear arsenal and increasing that arsenal for no reason other than putin has Nato down as some bogey man who's completely surrounded the country with bases and missles ,
    The biggest threat to putin is democracy and European living standards and wages ,
    His biggest military threat is China yes there allies to a degree but China is the dangerous one.

They are not all equally dangerous I would consider not solving the issue of the Palestinians a far greater danger than Russia or China a preoccupation of American gvts since long before the end of the cold war and remember Nixon went to China yet America still sees China is a major geopolitical threat and has massive militarization in the Pacific breathing down the necks of the Chinese.

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    remember Nixon went to China yet America still sees China is a major geopolitical threat and has massive militarization in the Pacific breathing down the necks of the Chinese.

Must those man made military islands and laying claim to the nearly all the south China Sea that's raising tensions ,

• Advertisement

Must those man made military islands and laying claim to the nearly all the south China Sea that's raising tensions ,

China is a major player in the region and the US throws its weight in South America it tried to unseat the Venezuelan and Cuban gvt in the Western Hemisphere. What if China tried to dethrone the Thai and Indonesian gvts? America would not like that now would them.

What if China tried to dethrone the Thai and Indonesian gvts? America would not like that now would them.

I'm sure if we claimed the Atlantic from Galway to the coast of New York a lot of countries would not like it ,

I'm sure if we claimed the Atlantic from Galway to the coast of New York a lot of countries would not like it ,

Completely different were not murdering heads of state and starting political turmoil in countries we don't like.

Completely different were not murdering heads of state and starting political turmoil in countries we don't like.

You honestly think only America does or did that,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Its bad when America does it. It's encouraged when Putin does it for his friend/debtor Donald.

I know not murder, but interfering in the democratic process.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Of course they do, they have been doing that sort of stuff for decades. Have you forgotten the ''Arab Spring'' and the various colour revolutions? Or will you peddle the nonsense that they were all about ''freedom and democracy''?

Of course they do, they have been doing that sort of stuff for decades. Have you forgotten the ''Arab Spring'' and the various colour revolutions?

Afghanistan ,Poland , Czechoslovakia ,east Germany , history got to love it

Let me guess the CIA planned the Arab spring but you can't actually prove it

Afghanistan ,Poland , Czechoslovakia ,east Germany , history got to love it

Let me guess the CIA planned the Arab spring but you can't actually prove it

One at a time Gatling. Tell us about Afghanistan, tell us about the background behind that success story.

One at a time Gatling. Tell us about Afghanistan, tell us about the background behind that success story.

The massacre of the Afghanistan government by russian spetznaz (russian special forces)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

The massacre of the Afghanistan government by russian spetznaz (russian special forces)

was that on your PlayStation or xbox ?

• Advertisement

Skommando wrote: »
    was that on your PlayStation or xbox ?

No Afghanistan .........

Go back to bed

You are not starting at the beginning of the story, but anyway... Quite a brutal move by the Soviet Union, I'd agree. What was the US response to that? Who did they support?

I think Vlad's days are numbered! You don't mess around with a military superpower like .......... Switzerland!
    I really think he should step down immediately, when the Swiss mean business they mean business! Vlad must be defecating bricks right now. :eek:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-demands-explanation-switzerland-fighter-jets-buzzed-government-plane-a7426981.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I think Vlad's days are numbered! You don't mess around with a military superpower like .......... Switzerland!.....
    The Swiss air force were just showing respect to awesome Putin. Exactly like they should.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I think Vlad's days are numbered! You don't mess around with a military superpower like .......... Switzerland!
    I really think he should step down immediately, when the Swiss mean business they mean business! Vlad must be defecating bricks right now. :eek:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-demands-explanation-switzerland-fighter-jets-buzzed-government-plane-a7426981.html

I think Vlad would be more worried about what they could do to his net worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

This made me giggle. Could fire bank accounts at him. Old Vlad would back down pretty quick.

This made me giggle. Could fire bank accounts at him. Old Vlad would back down pretty quick.

They have a very capable military ,
    If I was to choose between Swiss vs russian troops on the ground I'd favor the Swiss ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭DredFX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

They have a very capable military ,
    If I was to choose between Swiss vs russian troops on the ground I'd favor the Swiss ,

Oh I know that, Swiss take neutrality seriously and have some serious defences and firepower.

• Advertisement

Wasn't that the job of the Panama Papers?
    Remember the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists when about a zillion journalists worked for a year to uncover .......... nothing.
    I wonder what this "consortium" is up to these days?
    Swiss take neutrality seriously and have some serious defences and firepower.
    Yeah, a civilian plane is a very serious threat to their neutrality!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement