Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭ebbsy

As far as leaders go,Putin makes Obama look like some ghetto kid they took off the streets of Detroit and stuck in a suit..

Obama has no backbone, awful commander in chief.

That's what you get when novelty acts are voted in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

ebbsy wrote: »

Trump hasn't had his inauguration yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

As far as leaders go,Putin makes Obama look like some ghetto kid they took off the streets of Detroit and stuck in a suit..

That is literally his legacy, first Black President. The rest has been meh. He is hardly going to be remembered for much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭johnp001

That is literally his legacy, first Black President. The rest has been meh. He is hardly going to be remembered for much else.

He might be remembered for his response to winning a Nobel Peace Prize a early in his first term in office. i.e. escalate Iraq and Afghanistan and involve America in conflicts and drone strikes in Syria, Uganda, Libya, Cameroon, Somalia, Yemen and Pakistan.

Or for his promised vs actual treatment of whistleblowers:
    Obama Promise to Protect Whistleblowers Scrubbed From Website
    Obama Has Sentenced Whistleblowers to 31 Times the Jail Time of All Prior U.S. Presidents COMBINED

Trump hasn't had his inauguration yet.

I was talking about Obama.

• Advertisement

I always feel we get the sanitised version of Obama on TV...

No he's just crap all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,200 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Genuinely have no idea if this post is intended as satirical or not.

To be fair an autocratic leader is considered by many political philosophers to be the ideal ruler. There's lots of legends of the just hero king.

The problem is that in practice they generally lead to oppression. Democracy isn't perfect and it doesn't always work so people tend to look at other forms of government like autocracies. The problem is that autocracies always fail. Democracies for all their faults are still the fairest form of government.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Obama isn't a bad guy, he is a nice guy, carries himself in a certain way which is dignified. But he is a crap leader, I would not follow him over the trenches. For all his oratory, he isn't inspiring and looks weak on the world stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

It's mad what brainwashing mainstream media can do. Putin is not evil as you say, he doesn't provoke countries but takes action when his hand is forced. If you want evil then look at Hillary or the Rothschild masters that run the world.

The reason women find Putin sexy is because he comes across as a strong alpha male in the sense he is calm, intelligent and not all stary eyed and smiley like alot of men in today's society. These same beta men would believe anything the mainstream media tells them rather than having an independent critical mind and finding out elsewhere what's true or false.

Just lol.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Oodoov

Obama isn't a bad guy, he is a nice guy, carries himself in a certain way which is dignified. But he is a crap leader, I would not follow him over the trenches. For all his oratory, he isn't inspiring and looks weak on the world stage.

His presidency has been in a word, weak. The jobs his term in office has provided have been low paying service type jobs and the country and in fact world is more divided now than ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Oodoov wrote: »
    His presidency has been in a word, weak. The jobs his term in office has provided have been low paying service type jobs and the country and in fact world is more divided now than ever.

Because anyone who believed being black would fix anything should really look at themselves. Generation snowflake I'm looking at you. Now they are crying about Hilary you know being a woman would make her a good president... Just like Obama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

That is literally his legacy, first Black President.
    and here was me thinking giving health cover to the poor was the legacy.Silly me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

and here was me thinking giving health cover to the poor was the legacy.Silly me.

The poor can't afford Obamacare.

dresden8 wrote: »

Isn't that why he expanded medicaid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

dresden8 wrote: »
    but people that didn't have health care before can now have it....is that not helping the poor?

To be fair some of the greatest leaders wouldn't be men (or women) you'd follow out of a trench. FDR wouldn't have been able to get out of a trench.

What the US needed was a president that would unify the two sides. FDR pretty much whipped the opposition into shape. Obama however got struck with one of the most obstructionist congresses of all time.

I do have problems with Obama. The biggest is the expansion of surveillance and the drone program. However regarding his domestic programs, well he did pretty well considering the republicans held either/or both houses for most of his time in office.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Grayson wrote: »
    To be fair some of the greatest leaders wouldn't be men (or women) you'd follow out of a trench. FDR wouldn't have been able to get out of a trench.

What the US needed was a president that would unify the two sides. FDR pretty much whipped the opposition into shape. Obama however got struck with one of the most obstructionist congresses of all time.

I do have problems with Obama. The biggest is the expansion of surveillance and the drone program. However regarding his domestic programs, well he did pretty well considering the republicans held either/or both houses for most of his time in office.

He'll also be remembered for sponsoring, arming and training radical terrorists in the Middle East and elsewhere as well as a massive expansion of Bush's drone program which both were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Cartouche

Why do we assume that our preferred style of government is the right way to do things?. Democracy might not be for everyone. Republicanism might not be for everyone, Monarchy ect.....
    Russians seem to like strong individual leaders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Cartouche wrote: »
    Why do we assume that our preferred style of government is the right way to do things?. Democracy might not be for everyone. Republicanism might not be for everyone, Monarchy ect.....

Different societies have different rules, the UN is being used as a straight jacket to prevent gvts from making laws that will benefit their societies. I do have a huge issue with how the UN is governed. The permanent council has too much power with little impact while the rest of the assemble are left to either do what the veto powers say or face the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

They aren't given any choice in the matter.

Slaves love slavery, it's so obvious, otherwise they wouldn't be slaves.

• Advertisement

el diablo wrote: »
    He'll also be remembered for sponsoring, arming and training radical terrorists in the Middle East and elsewhere as well as a massive expansion of Bush's drone program which both were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people.

Can you quote me some sources for these hundreds of thousands of collateral casualties resulting from drone strikes please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Cartouche

cnocbui wrote: »
    They aren't given any choice in the matter.

Slaves love slavery, it's so obvious, otherwise they wouldn't be slaves.

Putin is popular in Russia. I dont consider the Russian people to be slaves !

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Based off what exactly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Slavs, caller. Slavs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Makes you think about the definition of slavery doesn't it?
    Irish citizens yet to be born are already the property of the European Central Bank!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Irish citizens yet to be born are the property of the European Central Bank!

If you're openly gay in Russia, you're committing a crime. Any violent crimes against you tend to be ignored. If you're a journalist that isn't pro Putin, there's a strong chance you will be killed. If you're a political opponent of Putin that he views as a threat, there's a strong probability you will be killed.

So spare me...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Irish citizens yet to be born are already the property of the European Central Bank!

Vs the property of Putins mafia

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

That's why I wanted so badly for Andrew Jacksons face to be removed from American money and replaced with Harriet Tubman.

Lefty liberals can still go **** themselves, I just know that Jackson rolls in his grave every time his face is printed on a Federal note - I see it like a hunter arrogantly displaying the head of his favourite kill on his wall - and Tubman was a slave so she should definitely be the face of modern money.

My reference to slaves was apropos of having a choice, it wasn't meant to be literal.

Putin is popular. Just as well then as he's the only person still alive you are allowed to can vote for there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

B_Wayne wrote: »
    If you're openly gay in Russia, you're committing a crime. Any violent crimes against you tend to be ignored. If you're a journalist that isn't pro Putin, there's a strong chance you will be killed. If you're a political opponent of Putin that he views as a threat, there's a strong probability you will be killed.
    I'm not even going to try to argue with this hysterical post.
    Its like something from a Panorama "documentary" on British state run television or from The Guardian!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement