Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'm not even going to try to argue

You can't argue with the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Gatling wrote: »
    You can't argue with the truth

But you are a liar Gatling. A blatant liar.

Mod: banned.

But you are a liar Gatling. A blatant liar.

Except you and your ilk cant prove it yada yada yada ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭XsApollo

The stupid thing is , it's the way people go on about Putin and Russia and how bad of a place it is , act like their own Sh*t don't stink.
    What's the hatred for Russia?
    Why is it singled out of all the countries in the world and portrayed the way it is in our media?
    There are a lot worse places than Russia to live.
    Why arn't we up in arms and singling them out.
    Why arn't they in our media everyday?
    Does anybody here actually believe that Russia is going to invade Europe and try and take over the Baltic countries?

It's the hypocrisy of it all that's sickening, and people are falling for it hook line and sinker.

There is a lot of scaremongering in the media, pushed by the USA, because it's in there interests to not have a strong Russia.

There is no reasoning with some people on this thread,.
    Do ye hold the same disdain for china as a country?
    Israel?
    Saudi Arabia?

One thing is for sure ,we need people like Putin and countries like Russia.
    USA is systematically trying to impose its way of life on every country in the world.
    Destabilising regions, arming countries to suit their agenda at that moment in time, then 20 years later going to war with them.
    Arming rebels in countries to oust current leaders and destabilising millions.
    Turning a blind eye to human rights abuses by their allies that are far worse than what happens in Russia Because it suits them.
    Spying on there allies leaders and then complains about possible Russian hackers.

Putin is quite popular in his own country and countries surrounding Russia.
    Can ye not accept that , because ye don't like it or what?
    People couldn't possibly like what he is doing for Russia because ye wouldnt.

His interviews , press conferences are interesting and he seems to be a lot smarter than Obama , Bush, Enda Kenny, Bertie Ahern ever are or were.

As a leader he is doing great things for Russia, no arguing with that.
    20 odd years ago it was a criminal offence to engage in same sex activities in Ireland.
    Women were put into laundries ,babies hidden
    Wide spread child abuse, covered up.
    And that was in a free Ireland.

Russia has come a long way since the collapse of the USSR and Putin has been at the Helm for most of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

I'm not even going to try to argue with this hysterical post.
    Its like something from a Panorama "documentary" on British state run television or from The Guardian!

So not gonna dispute anything from my 'hysterical' post? Cause it's all factual. Russia were up there with Afghanistan for journalist lives being in danger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭ebbsy

el diablo wrote: »
    Grayson wrote: »
    To be fair some of the greatest leaders wouldn't be men (or women) you'd follow out of a trench. FDR wouldn't have been able to get out of a trench.

What the US needed was a president that would unify the two sides. FDR pretty much whipped the opposition into shape. Obama however got struck with one of the most obstructionist congresses of all time.

I do have problems with Obama. The biggest is the expansion of surveillance and the drone program. However regarding his domestic programs, well he did pretty well considering the republicans held either/or both houses for most of his time in office.

He'll also be remembered for sponsoring, arming and training radical terrorists in the Middle East and elsewhere as well as a massive expansion of Bush's drone program which both were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people.

He is also the founder of ISIS.

ebbsy wrote: »
    He is also the founder of ISIS.

That happened under bush's watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

B_Wayne wrote: »
    If you're openly gay in Russia, you're committing a crime. Any violent crimes against you tend to be ignored. If you're a journalist that isn't pro Putin, there's a strong chance you will be killed. If you're a political opponent of Putin that he views as a threat, there's a strong probability you will be killed.

So spare me...

If your openly gay in parts of the west you will get beaten up. Laws in Russia are rooted in their Orthodox Christian views of the world so Putin is merely respecting the traditions of the Russian people. When Trump supporters attack Islam over its inhuman values they are labeled bigots and idiots. This treatment of the Russians is a political act to defame and attack Russian culture.

XsApollo wrote: »
    The stupid thing is , it's the way people go on about Putin and Russia and how bad of a place it is , act like their own Sh*t don't stink.
    What's the hatred for Russia?
    Why is it singled out of all the countries in the world and portrayed the way it is in our media?
    There are a lot worse places than Russia to live.
    Why arn't we up in arms and singling them out.
    Why arn't they in our media everyday?
    Does anybody here actually believe that Russia is going to invade Europe and try and take over the Baltic countries?

It's the hypocrisy of it all that's sickening, and people are falling for it hook line and sinker.

There is a lot of scaremongering in the media, pushed by the USA, because it's in there interests to not have a strong Russia.

There is no reasoning with some people on this thread,.
    Do ye hold the same disdain for china as a country?
    Israel?
    Saudi Arabia?

One thing is for sure ,we need people like Putin and countries like Russia.
    USA is systematically trying to impose its way of life on every country in the world.
    Destabilising regions, arming countries to suit their agenda at that moment in time, then 20 years later going to war with them.
    Arming rebels in countries to oust current leaders and destabilising millions.
    Turning a blind eye to human rights abuses by their allies that are far worse than what happens in Russia Because it suits them.
    Spying on there allies leaders and then complains about possible Russian hackers.

Putin is quite popular in his own country and countries surrounding Russia.
    Can ye not accept that , because ye don't like it or what?
    People couldn't possibly like what he is doing for Russia because ye wouldnt.

His interviews , press conferences are interesting and he seems to be a lot smarter than Obama , Bush, Enda Kenny, Bertie Ahern ever are or were.

As a leader he is doing great things for Russia, no arguing with that.
    20 odd years ago it was a criminal offence to engage in same sex activities in Ireland.
    Women were put into laundries ,babies hidden
    Wide spread child abuse, covered up.
    And that was in a free Ireland.

Russia has come a long way since the collapse of the USSR and Putin has been at the Helm for most of it.

I don't share your disinterest in Irish affairs. Irish political and religious masters held too much sway over society and gvt. It took us a while to see them for the fools that they were and the harm they were doing. In Russia the Orthodox Church is now running the show and becoming very powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

If you're openly gay in Russia, you're committing a crime.

I wonder how Elton John managed to avoid arrest when he played in Moscow recently?... You are making stuff up again. It is not a crime to be gay in Russia. Stop lying.

• Advertisement

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    If your openly gay in parts of the west you will get beaten up. Laws in Russia are rooted in their Orthodox Christian views of the world so Putin is merely respecting the traditions of the Russian people. When Trump supporters attack Islam over its inhuman values they are labeled bigots and idiots. This treatment of the Russians is a political act to defame and attack Russian culture.
    I condemn the treatment of gay people under Sharia as well... I'll happily 'defame' the part of their culture has been openly regressive in relation to the human rights of lgbt community.

Here is Amnesty's assessment of human rights in Russia.... (Expect there'll be western propaganda claims shortly)

https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/europe-and-central-asia/russian-federation/report-russian-federation/

I condemn the treatment of gay people under Sharia as well... I'll happily 'defame' the part of their culture has been openly regressive in relation to the human rights of lgbt community.

Here is Amnesty's assessment of human rights in Russia.... (Expect there'll be western propaganda claims shortly)

https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/europe-and-central-asia/russian-federation/report-russian-federation/

Allowing Sharia law being imposed in other Arab states we would have much more of that aggressive religious intolerance we both so detest.

Allowing Sharia law being imposed in other Arab states we would have much more of that aggressive religious intolerance we both so detest.

And this negates nothing I have said... Eg I just linked to Amnesty, Amnesty are as vocal about human rights abuses in Arabic states. Russia are actively engaging in numerous rights abuses... Their press can't even be classified as free. Yes that's applicable to Sharia regimes but this discussion is about Putin.

And this negates nothing I have said... Eg I just linked to Amnesty, Amnesty are as vocal about human rights abuses in Arabic states. Russia are actively engaging in numerous rights abuses... Their press can't even be classified as free. Yes that's applicable to Sharia regimes but this discussion is about Putin.

Go after Russia instead of the likes of Saudi Arabia which promotes homophobia all across the world. The killings of gays and atheists all state sanctioned policies of Saudi Crown. The Pope does not call for homosexuals to be ostracized and beaten. With Putin the strongman of Russia does he direct Russians to attack minorities in his country. No it is done by Neo-Nazis, other homophobic bedfellows. Russians are a very conservative people and the enlightened views about homosexuality and various other positions about law, religion and politics need to debated by Russians not be westerners who have no idea about Russian lifestyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Go after Russia instead of the likes of Saudi Arabia which promotes homophobia all across the world. The killings of gays and atheists all state sanctioned policies of Saudi Crown. The Pope does not call for homosexuals to be ostracized and beaten. With Putin the strongman of Russia does he direct Russians to attack minorities in his country. No it is done by Neo-Nazis, other homophobic bedfellows. Russians are a very conservative people and the enlightened views about homosexuality and various other positions about law, religion and politics need to debated by Russians not be westerners who have no idea about Russian lifestyle.

SA part of Russia now ?

Thought there were only Neo-Nazis in Ukraine ?

Diverting from human rights abuses and virtually ignoring every point. In fact, you even seemed to go as far as justifying Russia doing it, Brian.... Human rights should be maintained regardless of the country, that is where I stand. I do not favour only applying them in certain countries.

Diverting from human rights abuses and virtually ignoring every point. In fact, you even seemed to go as far as justifying Russia doing it, Brian.... Human rights should be maintained regardless of the country, that is where I stand. I do not favour only applying them in certain countries.

You insist that Russia is a dangerous place for homosexuality which is not correct. Homophobia is promoted all across the world by leading religions. South Africa has an atrocious human rights records when it comes to homosexuality. No barring order on Gays and Lesbians travelling to South Africa. The fact is many Russians don't support homosexuality as the Orthodox Church is very set against it. Many Russians don't agree with these views so it is up to the Russian people to change these positions in Russian society.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

cnocbui wrote: »
    Can you quote me some sources for these hundreds of thousands of collateral casualties resulting from drone strikes please.

I was mainly referring to the US sponsoring, training and arming of radical terrorist groups being responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent victims although I'm sure that their drone program has its fair share of innocent victims.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 16,200 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

You insist that Russia is a dangerous place for homosexuality which is not correct. Homophobia is promoted all across the world by leading religions. South Africa has an atrocious human rights records when it comes to homosexuality. No barring order on Gays and Lesbians travelling to South Africa. The fact is many Russians don't support homosexuality as the Orthodox Church is very set against it. Many Russians don't agree with these views so it is up to the Russian people to change these positions in Russian society.

In russia it's illegal to say that being gay is OK. It's illegal to say being gay is normal.

Hell, the leader of the Night Wolves biker gang (the guy who's friends with Putin) even said the gang should be called death to ******s.

they've even had gas attacks at the largest gay club in moscow.
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/russias-largest-gay-nightclub-strives-haven-horrific-attacks/story?id=22478276

It's a very dangerous place to be gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Grayson wrote: »
    In russia it's illegal to say that being gay is OK. It's illegal to say being gay is normal.

Hell, the leader of the Night Wolves biker gang (the guy who's friends with Putin) even said the gang should be called death to ******s.

they've even had gas attacks at the largest gay club in moscow.
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/russias-largest-gay-nightclub-strives-haven-horrific-attacks/story?id=22478276

It's a very dangerous place to be gay.

It's OK.

Other countries treat gay people poorly so Russia are allowed.

I think that was his point.

• Advertisement

It's OK.

Other countries treat gay people poorly so Russia are allowed.

I think that was his point.

Twisting my words as usual as i did not say that. I expect as much from the American cheerleaders on here. I find it totally ignorant to be labeling all of Russia as homophobic. Makes it easier to condemn the Russians who are standing up to American aggression around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Who's labelling all of Russia as homophobic? You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who condemns Russian homophobia while excusing that of, let's say, Saudi Arabia.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,200 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Twisting my words as usual as i did not say that. I expect as much from the American cheerleaders on here. I find it totally ignorant to be labeling all of Russia as homophobic. Makes it easier to condemn the Russians who are standing up to American aggression around the world.

We didn't say all. However just a few posts back you said that it's not dangerous to be gay in Russia (it is) and that most Russians support the anti gay policies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Who's labelling all of Russia as homophobic? You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who condemns Russian homophobia while excusing that of, let's say, Saudi Arabia.

Have known plenty of Russians. It's more of a Government/Church angle. Most would be of the opinion what you do behind closed doors is fine. Some outright supported gay rights. Again it's mostly the Government. You know shouting how macho you are you clearly cant be gay.

Have known plenty of Russians. It's more of a Government/Church angle. Most would be of the opinion what you do behind closed doors is fine. Some outright supported gay rights. Again it's mostly the Government. You know shouting how macho you are you clearly cant be gay.

The church which is very powerful in Russian society. Much as it is in most traditional societies. The church influences Russian foreign policy every bit as much as Putin himself does their much beloved leader. It helps that Putin is an intelligent man and knows his country well. Under him the economy of Russia has improved since the hard days of the 90's. His style of leadership has also gained him many allies and friends around the world. Their is only so much Putin can do the church still keeps Russians ignorant about the world treatment of minorities.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

dresden8 wrote: »
    and here was me thinking giving health cover to the poor was the legacy.Silly me.

The poor can't afford Obamacare.
    It was one of the reasons Hillary lost, the premiums went up. People literally logged onto their emails and saw it. She was probably doomed at that moment. Obama is responsible for that.

I'm referring to homophobic laws that have added legitimacy to homophobic attacks. Homophobic attacks that face repercussions. I do not view human rights as something that should be voted on. Homophobia should not be enshrined in law. Human rights organisations across the globe agree with me on this. If the majority support trampling on human rights, that is never okay. History has taught us this much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I, for one, welcome our new Russian overlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,585 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I, for one, welcome our new Russian overlords.
    It's been too long since I've had vodka.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Americans aren't afraid of Russia anymore. The Democrats are trying to use the old strategy regarding Russia but people aren't buying it anymore. When you know your own government backs the terrorist rebels in Syria, then you don't stand much of a chance winning that argument regarding Putin.

I saw Assad on video meeting Christians in Syria, if it means Christians have a future in Syria, then I suppose I have to support that. The rebels will destroy Christianity if they win (they won't, its already over imo).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement