Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Gatling wrote: »
    Called up on what's actually going on ,

So come on let's hear it in your words

It's a complete waste of time trying to explain to you what actually happened as you choose to completely ignore the truth even when it's right in front of your eyes.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

It was Roger Stone that was poisoned recently with polonium because he was due to debunk the lies that Russia hacked the US elections in front of a congressional hearing. Another CIA hit job.

This Roger Stone - dead is he? You have seen the toxicology reports confirming Polonium, which has a half-life of 138 days, so should be a doddle to pin down?

I can see why you think the things you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

el diablo wrote: »
    It's a complete waste of time trying to explain to you what actually happened as you choose to completely ignore the truth even when it's right in front of your eyes.

Sorry your wrong ,

So we got as far as the CIA ,3 years later and still people coming along with nonsense about the CIA ,
    That's your opinion and that's it ,no truth or fact

At least others tried with some fake stories or evidence they found on Sputnik .

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

snubbleste wrote: »
    He says that Russia has the best ladies of reduced social responsibility.
    Well done, Vlad.

Life imitating art, he's gone full Borat.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭1st dalkey dalkey

twinytwo wrote: »
    I don't know what you expect?

For all the talk... America and Russia are never going to face off. Id be more concerned about the lack of action by European countries. They always expect america to stand up.. but never willing to do it themselves/

America and Russia were never going to face off under Obama.
    I don't know what to expect from the Donald.

Europe certainly needs to stand up, especially now with such an unpredictable American president.
    Germany has already announced an increase in defence spending and is pushing for other EU member to move towards the agreed EU defence target spend v GDP.
    Then Donald's attitude will help to speed this up.

• Advertisement

A war that is being created by the Americans against Russia affects us all.

Putin is a calm, highly intelligent person that knows his history and is somebody I respect. Forget about the lies in the controlled western media that make him out to be a monster. He has done a very good job since he became leader of Russia, is very well liked in Russia and is not the aggressor in the continuing move towards war the Americans have been pushing for.

Putin is certainly the best Russian president in a century at least, from the point of view of Russians.
    Of course from the point of view of Americans, and many in the ex-soviet republics, he would be rated very differently.
    This is the problem with judging of Presidents, or anybody actually. There are many different perspectives and only a saint that could be viewed as brilliant from every one.
    Merkel is viewed as a saint by many fleeing war in the middle east, and as a fool by Trump and his ilk in the US.
    Not sure how Putin views Merkel, but his diplomatic language suggests he views her as capable if a little naive. Another one up for Putin.

That doesn't make sense at all. Who was financing the neo nazi group that led to the coup and illegal overthrow of a democratically elected government in Ukraine. It was the USA. Have you chosen to ignore this fact or decided to believe lies the Americans spread through the controlled mainstream media.

This is incorrect.

There was no coup.

The democratically elected government of Ukraine was not overthrown.

It's leader fled to Russia, but all the other members of the government and parliament stayed and remained in the government and parliament.

The flight of one member of government does not amount to a coup or the overthrow of that government.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Three years on from Russia's invasion and theft of Crimea, Sergei Aksyonov, former organized criminal, paramilitary leader, homophobe and now unelected leader of the illegally occupied region says that Putin should be president for life.

Meanwhile, here's what kids were up to yesterday in Sevastopol:
    My country, my fate, my dream, my war, my love, my spring [etc, etc]

https://www.facebook.com/radiosvoboda/videos/10154276360087554/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,174 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The problem with Russia is its full of Russians

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

He's the only ruler in the World where if you slagged him off enough online you know he could

1)Get your home address off your email

2)Get an elite Spetznaz unit to within 2 metres of you

3)Have them assassinate you in some amazing james bond manner

4)Have no evidence linking the murder to him

5)When asked about it on TV the next day, say something like "He had become a problem" do a wry smile and move the journalists on.

Essentially he's a badass.

vladimir-putin.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Music to the ears of the American and British establishment and the weapons manufacturers supporting them.

This is incorrect.

There was no coup.

The democratically elected government of Ukraine was not overthrown.

It's leader fled to Russia, but all the other members of the government and parliament stayed and remained in the government and parliament.

The flight of one member of government does not amount to a coup or the overthrow of that government.

Your denial of what took place doesn't match reality. The internet and youtube is full of pictures showing the illegal coup that took place in Ukraine, which the controlled western mainstream media refused to show. Maybe it's time for you to do some research beyond the controlled mainstream media.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭tigger123

Your denial of what took place doesn't match reality. The internet and youtube is full of pictures showing the illegal coup that took place in Ukraine, which the controlled western mainstream media refused to show. Maybe it's time for you to do some research beyond the controlled mainstream media.

'Mainstream media' really has become one of those signifier terms.

Your denial of what took place doesn't match reality. The internet and youtube is full of pictures showing the illegal coup that took place in Ukraine, which the controlled western mainstream media refused to show.
    I was in Kyiv the week when what the Kremlin and its paid or ignorant friends refers to as "the coup" took place. It was, of course, no such thing.

Yanukovich either ordered, or allowed, his Berkut interior troops to open fire on mostly unarmed and mostly peaceful people who protested Yanukovich's massive and endemic corruption. The Berkut murdered around 80 protestors while perhaps 12 or so Berkut were also murdered. The Berkut then abandoned Yanukovich when it rapidly became clear that he could not protect them from prosecution, so without political, military or police support, Yanukovich had no choice but to flee the country to avoid prosecution himself.

The remainder of the government remained in place and the parliament elected a transition president a few days later, prior to full public elections 10 or 12 weeks later.

The facts are quite simple, but unfortunately and quite predictably, they are contested - quite often by people who do their "research" on youtube from the safety of their parents basement.

The problem that Ukrainian Crimea has is that it's full of Russian troops and since 2014, wall-to-wall predatory propaganda.

Funny how pro Putin posters have alternative opinions as to what happened in Ukraine and Crimea ,

Luckily it's only alternative opinions and not any actual facts

robindch wrote: »
    Three years on from Russia's invasion and theft of Crimea, Sergei Aksyonov, former organized criminal, paramilitary leader, homophobe and now unelected leader of the illegally occupied region says that Putin should be president for life.

Meanwhile, here's what kids were up to yesterday in Sevastopol:

https://www.facebook.com/radiosvoboda/videos/10154276360087554/
    Funny how pro Putin posters have alternative opinions as to what happened in Ukraine and Crimea ,

Luckily it's only alternative opinions and not any actual facts

There is no doubt that the coup in Ukraine was orchestrated by the US (CIA) as they attempted to destabilize it and turn it into a puppet NATO state. Crimea wasn't "invaded" ffs. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

There is no doubt that the coup in Ukraine was orchestrated by the US (CIA) as they attempted to destabilize it and turn it into a puppet NATO state. Crimea wasn't "invaded" ffs. :rolleyes:

so the russian troops that entered it were just lost?

But putin himself publicly said he decided to take the Crimea back weeks before his troops arrived to annex it ,

Taking something that you don't own is stealing

Bold Vladi ,bold valdi

I was in Maidan as the first dead and wounded were being returned from the "front line" at Institutska where I'd been perhaps half an hour before - where I saw the Berkut shooting at people throwing things.

Would I be right in thinking that you've never visited Ukraine, know few if any Ukrainians, don't speak either Russian or Ukrainian and have done most or all your "research" on the internet?

Hardly worth pointing out that NATO is something that a country applies to join - as indeed did many of the countries of Eastern Europe, once they were no longer subject to Russian domination.

• Advertisement

Would I be right in thinking that you've never visited Ukraine, know few if any Ukrainians, don't speak either Russian or Ukrainian and have done most or all your "research" on the internet?

Hardly worth pointing out that NATO is something that a country applies to join - as indeed did many of the countries of Eastern Europe, once they were no longer subject to Russian domination.

So do you believe that the US played absolutely no role in the destabilization of Ukraine?

I was in Kyiv the week when what the Kremlin and its paid or ignorant friends refers to as "the coup" took place. It was, of course, no such thing.

Yanukovich either ordered, or allowed, his Berkut interior troops to open fire on mostly unarmed and mostly peaceful people who protested Yanukovich's massive and endemic corruption. The Berkut murdered around 80 protestors while perhaps 12 or so Berkut were also murdered. The Berkut then abandoned Yanukovich when it rapidly became clear that he could not protect them from prosecution, so without political, military or police support, Yanukovich had no choice but to flee the country to avoid prosecution himself.

The remainder of the government remained in place and the parliament elected a transition president a few days later, prior to full public elections 10 or 12 weeks later.

The facts are quite simple, but unfortunately and quite predictably, they are contested - quite often by people who do their "research" on youtube from the safety of their parents basement.

Of course you were in Kiev when the coup was happening, shur weren't we all wondering around. There have been numerous governments around the world the US has helped overthrow and Ukraine is another in that long list throughout history.

Assistant US secretary of state for Europe Victoria Nuland met with the neo nazi Svoboda party, which they were financing, and helped organise the coup. It was Yanukovych decision not to sign an agreement with the EU and IMF that triggered protests in late 2013.

Europe came under pressure from the US to impose sanctions on Ukraine. It was between 18 and 23 February 2014 when the illegal coup took place. This was organized by the neo nazi Svobda party resulting in 100 dead. This party got 3 cabinet positions in the new government.

After the coup Joe Biden's son joined the board of Ukraine's largest gas producer while the IMF and World Bank have proceeded to strip the assets of Ukraine. You can read up on the US supported coup of Ukraine here

http://www.google.ie/url?q=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Ukrainian_revolution&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjJm_WllObSAhXKCMAKHRORDhEQFggLMAA&sig2=WtT7kk-mTno9hNMoDBfflw&usg=AFQjCNHcYMYGDnxL1skLrDd53k0kJ89vhg

The problem that Ukrainian Crimea has is that it's full of Russian troops and since 2014, wall-to-wall predatory propaganda.

Don't forget Crimea is full of Russian speaking people as well. In fact just over 30% of Ukraine speak Russian as their first language.

So do you believe that the US played absolutely no role in the destabilization of Ukraine?
    The US and its agencies played no significant role either before, during or after Yanukovich's departure.

Now, would you mind answering the question I asked earlier:

Of course you were in Kiev when the coup was happening, shur weren't we all wondering around.
    As you appear to believe that I am a liar, you can find one of the photos I took during that week posted on boards on 2014-02-20:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89099247&postcount=739

Can I take it that you now accept that I was there?

Don't forget Crimea is full of Russian speaking people as well. In fact just over 30% of Ukraine speak Russian as their first language.
    In my first-hand experience of the country, I don't recall meeting anybody who doesn't speak Russian at native level.

And most people in Ireland speak English. Does that make us English?

Of course you were in Kiev when the coup was happening, shur weren't we all wondering around. There have been numerous governments around the world the US has helped overthrow and Ukraine is another in that long list throughout history.

Please post some factual evidence not some rambling opinion on what you think happened,
    So what did you see on your trip

Please post some factual evidence not some rambling opinion on what you think happened, So what did you see on your trip
    Would it include the videos produced by one Graham W Phillips, a talentless British weirdo paid by Russian state-controlled media outlets to produce first-hand shock-copy.

The US and its agencies played no significant role either before, during or after Yanukovich's departure.

Now, would you mind answering the question I asked earlier:

Yes, I have spent time in Ukraine and the Baltic states but I don't feel the need to share the details with you here.

There is no doubt in my mind that the coup in Ukraine was orchestrated by US interests just as they've interfered in the elections and overthrown the governments of countless other sovereign nations.

So I'm not sure if you're misinformed/brainwashed or intentionally spreading misinformation.

• Advertisement

There is no doubt in my mind that the coup in Ukraine was orchestrated by US interests
    I note you've shifted from "the US" to "US interests" - your point of view might be a little more credible if you stuck to holding just the one.
    So I'm not sure if you're misinformed/brainwashed or intentionally spreading misinformation.
    It would, of course, be interesting and useful for you to share information concerning your time in Ukraine, and one wonders why you refuse to do so in a thread concerning the country - unless it happens that you were just transiting the country briefly, in which case, staying schtum is wise indeed :)

In any case, is there really much of a point in discussing something with somebody who adds to an earlier insulting implication that I am a liar, by suggesting that I might be an idiot too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement