Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

cnocbui wrote: »
    ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz........

A very poor contribution. Can you address and/or refute any of the points that President Putin made?

Vladimir Vladimirovich cuts yet another American ''journalist'' down to size...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Having seen some BBC footage of what is happening to children in Syria, I think even more strongly that this tyrannical little psychopath who is propping up Assad and enabling this sickening string of war crimes to take place, should be put to death slowly, cut up into little pieces and fed to rats.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Great, now you've done it, he's going to post another hour-long Gish (or should that be Gishski?) Gallop about how a free media led to western "degeneracy" like women leaving the kitchen and gay men getting to walk the streets without fear of getting hunted by LARPers on a "safari".

Having seen some BBC footage of what is happening to children in Syria, I think even more strongly that this tyrannical little psychopath who is propping up Assad and enabling this sickening string of war crimes to take place, should be put to death slowly, cut up into little pieces and fed to rats.

Have you got a link for that, I'd be interested to see the BBC spin is. Assad isn't approved by the guiding hands of the BBC so of course he is a tyrant. Meanwhile nothing is being said about Saudi Arabia (which has huge arms deals with the UK) and their antics in Yemen. Selective outrage, things taken out of context to support the regime change agenda in Syria, and outright lies. I wonder if they are still taking calls from the fat bloke in Coventry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Have you got a link for that, I'd be interested to see the BBC spin is. Assad isn't approved by the guiding hands of the BBC so of course he is a tyrant. Meanwhile nothing is being said about Saudi Arabia (which has huge arms deals with the UK) and their antics in Yemen. Selective outrage, things taken out of context to support the regime change agenda in Syria, and outright lies. I wonder if they are still taking calls from the fat bloke in Coventry.

Remind us of russian arms in Ukraine,
    Russian arm's going from Iran to Yemen ,
    Russia blocking UN investigations into chemical weapons attacks in Syria .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Well it seems like the Russkies and the Yanks might be in the process of bringing the Syrian war to an end.

https://apnews.com/4dcb64070cfc49148a7af6bc4d467bc8

Quoting the UN:
    The UN’s humanitarian advisor on Syria has warned of a “complete catastrophe” and a return to “the bleakest days of this conflict”, as the regime refuses to let hundreds of injured women and children leave an area it is bombing. The UN advisor, Jan Egeland, said around 400 people needed urgent medical evacuation from Eastern Ghouta. He added that children had died because they weren’t allowed to leave – and that 18 children are now at imminent risk.
    https://www.channel4.com/news/catastrophe-looming-over-syria-aid-blockade

How do you construe the UN as being a mouthpiece of the BBC?

The topic is Syria and the war crimes that Putin is party to. He is a war criminal. Saudi Arabia and Yemen are irrelevant as they have nothing to do with the topic, which is Putin's support and enabling of war crimes.

What's happening in Yemen is yet another piece of ratbaggery by those arch scum, Iran. Saudi Arabia and Iran deserve each other, Yemen deserves neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭badabing106

I don't think the BBC are standard bearers for truth. If they want to spin a narrative, they will sink low, and if that means hiring actors to pretend they are suffering the effects of a chemical attack , or doctoring someone's speech to include the word chemical they'll do it. See below

He isn't propping up Assad either. Assad is the democratically elected leader, and the vast majority of Syrian people support him

I don't think the BBC are standard bearers for truth. If they want to spin a narrative, they will sink low, and if that means hiring actors to pretend they are suffering the effects of a chemical attack , or doctoring someone's speech to include the word chemical they'll do it. See below

He isn't propping up Assad either. Assad is the democratically elected leader, and the vast majority of Syrian people support him

Syria is not a Democracy, Asad was never elected, it's a dictatorship. The rest of your bilge is equal calbre detritus.

• Advertisement

Syria is not a Democracy, Asad was never elected, it's a dictatorship. The rest of your bilge is equal calbre detritus.

The only thing that ever stopped Middle Eastern countries from descending into barbarism were strong men with the support of national armies. Democracy isn't a panacea and clearly it has never really worked in the ME. Democracy is simply incompatible with the general culture of the region. How is democracy working out in Libya? Wasn't the point spun by the likes of the BBC of getting rid of Qaddafi to make way for democracy in Libya? Since they got the myth of democracy Libya has descended into a state of complete and total chaos. The ballot boxes are useless, completely useless. I doubt that decent ordinary people in Libya give a single flying F about democracy. They have seen their lives disintegrate while demented and detached Oxbridge toffs in the BBC wax lyrical about democracy in the Middle East.

Eye of the Tiger....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Eye of the Tiger....

Fascinates me that moronic machismo from a tyrant would inspire anyone...

pitifulgod wrote: »
    Fascinates me that moronic machismo from a tyrant would inspire anyone...

Vladimir Vladimirovich isn't afraid to be a man and express his masculinity. That's not machismo, it's completely normal.. That said when viewed from the sissified west he would come across as macho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Syria is not a Democracy, Asad was never elected, it's a dictatorship.
    There are approximately 3 million Christians in Syria, I think its safe to say that they would prefer Assad to the brand of "democracy" that NATO and its jihadist proxies has brought to Libya.

There are approximately 3 million Christians in Syria, I think its safe to say that they would prefer Assad to the brand of "democracy"

You mean just over 1.5 million Christian's living in Syria ,

Have you conducted an official poll about what democracy they want because they never elected Assad not did anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Nothing says "real manliness" like giving your wife a retirement free of your vodka-fuelled (and Church-&-State-approved!) abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

Quoting the UN:

https://www.channel4.com/news/catastrophe-looming-over-syria-aid-blockade

How do you construe the UN as being a mouthpiece of the BBC?

The topic is Syria and the war crimes that Putin is party to. He is a war criminal. Saudi Arabia and Yemen are irrelevant as they have nothing to do with the topic, which is Putin's support and enabling of war crimes.

What's happening in Yemen is yet another piece of ratbaggery by those arch scum, Iran. Saudi Arabia and Iran deserve each other, Yemen deserves neither.

No it’s a civil war. The Americans and the Saudis wanted to eliminate the houthis and the Iranians helped thwart the genocide.

All the snowflakes here getting offended over Putin; ye haven't the slightest understanding of Russia or it's people.
    I've worked with numerous Russians, lived with Russians, read books on Russia, done history courses on Russia. Been to former states of the Soviet Union, not Russia to date but will eventually. So I'm comfortable with the fact that I have a pretty decent grasp on Russian culture.

I will continue to view Putin as an abhorrent tyrant that kills off his political opposition. The endless reams of crap he's pulled in the last few years, the atrocities he's enabled. The homophobic legislation that came in due to him shagging the Orthodox Church. He's a horrible individual and I'm not gonna respect him due to the worshipping of him by Jimmy Garlic etc....

Yeah through you western eyes he's so awful...but that's what the Russians want. Bear in mind they see you as a spoiled western pussy who lives a cushy life.

Okay, you're 3 posts in and calling people names.... He's violating human rights conventions. You've literally just said how you support killing political opponents... :pac: Also support killing journalists?

• Advertisement

No it’s a civil war. The Americans and the Saudis wanted to eliminate the houthis and the Iranians helped thwart the genocide.

Lol seriously

Gatling wrote: »
    Lol seriously

Yeh. Similarly in Syria where the US, Saudis and allies supported the head choppers and genocidalists.

Yeh. Similarly in Syria where the US, Saudis and allies supported the head choppers and genocidalists.

While Assad butchered his own population inprisioning hundreds of thousands,while tens of thousands while tortured to death in prisons across Syria and that's before you get to the bombings of food markets, bakery's,schools and hospitals and chemical weapons attacks .

Exactly

While Assad butchered his own population inprisioning hundreds,while tens of thousands while tortured to death in prisons across Syria and that's before you get to the bombings of food markets, bakery's,schools and hospitals and chemical weapons attacks .

Exactly

There were only two options in Syria. A secular regime or ultra extremists who would have eliminated all minorities. Those extremists managed to carve out a State until the Russians fought back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

pitifulgod wrote: »
    I will continue to view Putin as an abhorrent tyrant that kills off his political opposition. The endless reams of crap he's pulled in the last few years, the atrocities he's enabled. The homophobic legislation that came in due to him shagging the Orthodox Church. He's a horrible individual and I'm not gonna respect him due to the worshipping of him by Jimmy Garlic etc....
    Have a look at this map which shows where sexual relations between people of the same sex are illegal. Russia is not one of them. You can see that many members of the British Commonwealth have anti LGBT legislation, a fact that is completely covered up by the media and of course not a word from hypocritical Canada, Australia and Britain!
    Actually I meet people all the time who believe the anti Russia fodder thats fed to the masses and are ABSOLUTELY convinced that homosexuality is illegal in Russia.
    https://76crimes.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/76-countries-for-76crimes-8-2016.jpg?w=610&h=268
    While Assad butchered his own population inprisioning hundreds,while tens of thousands while tortured to death in prisons across Syria and that's before you get to the bombings of food markets, bakery's,schools and hospitals and chemical weapons attacks .
    No refugees left Syria until the country was invaded by foreign jihadist mercenaries.
    I won't ask for a source for the bombings, that would be the bloke who lives in the English midlands.

Have a look

No refugees left Syria until the country was invaded by foreign jihadist mercenaries.

They started fleeing when Assad stated butchering his UNARMED population using the army because Syrians wanted democracy not autocratic rule ,

Fact

Have a look at this map which shows where sexual relations between people of the same sex are illegal. Russia is not one of them. You can see that many members of the British Commonwealth have anti LGBT legislation, a fact that is completely covered up by the media and of course not a word from hypocritical Canada, Australia and Britain!
    Actually I meet people all the time who believe the anti Russia fodder thats fed to the masses and are ABSOLUTELY convinced that homosexuality is illegal in Russia.
    https://76crimes.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/76-countries-for-76crimes-8-2016.jpg?w=610&h=268

I won't ask for a source for the bombings, that would be the bloke who lives in the English midlands.

I specified homophobic legislation, never specified an out and out ban so pretty misrepresentative of what I said.. It's referred to as an "anti gay propaganda" law, it's entirely homophobic and basically outlaws anything that could be considered public promotion of being gay. So everything from pride flags to gay people kissing could fall into that category. Human rights organisations including the ECHR condemn it.

They started fleeing when Assad stated butchering his UNARMED population using the army because Syrians wanted democracy not autocratic rule ,

Fact

The Saudis, Israelis, CIA, Muslim brotherhood and friends wanted regime change to suit their agendas. As if they give a sh!t about democracy. They didn't in Libya.

The Saudis, Israelis, CIA, Muslim brotherhood and friends wanted regime change to suit their agendas. As if they give a sh!t about democracy. They didn't in Libya.

But we're talking about Assad autocratic tyrant similar to the autocratic tyrant in Moscow

• Advertisement

But we're talking about Assad autocratic tyrant similar to the autocratic tyrant in Moscow

Add Erdogan to complete the triumvirate of dictatorial ratbags who all love each other as much as they hate democracy and opposition.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement