Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

cnocbui wrote: »
    Add Erdogan to complete the triumvirate of dictatorial ratbags who all love each other as much as they hate democracy and opposition.

How did I manage to forgot him ,

Watch and see the replies about mature strong men

• Registered Users Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Gatling wrote: »
    They started fleeing when Assad stated butchering his UNARMED population using the army because Syrians wanted democracy not autocratic rule ,

Fact
    NOT fact. I once posted a video of a protest in Daraa in 2011 at the beginning of the Syria conflict. There is nothing in it about democracy but there was a lot of talk about blood and martyrdom and Allah.

NOT fact. I once posted a video of a protest in Daraa in 2011 at the beginning of the Syria conflict.

Then made up your own commentry which you translated or at least clamied to have heard on the video all unvaried

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Best leader in the world by a country mile. Charismatic, highly intelligent, articulate, mentally strong and has formed ties with other countries to counteract the corrupt US dollar financial system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Best leader in the world by a country mile. Charismatic, highly intelligent, articulate, mentally strong and has formed ties with other countries to counteract the corrupt US dollar financial system.

You find killing political opponents to be a good leadership quality? Fair few on here seem to conveniently ignore this. If memory serves correctly, Russia is also the third most dangerous place for journalists to operate. Inspiring, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Do you live in Russia?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Then made up your own commentry which you translated or at least clamied to have heard on the video all unvaried
    It wasn't a protest movement, it was an armed insurgency from the very start where western backed terrorists were funneled into Syria. Salafist groups supported by Israel, US/Nato/Saudi supported terror groups like Al Nusrah and Isis. The objective which was to weaken the structures of the secular Syrian state while creating enough media spin about ''tyrant'' Assad to justify ''humanitarian intervention''. The media would have us believe that Assad brutally repressed unarmed peaceful protests and that was the trigger of the war, fact is there was no peaceful protest, there was a regime change agenda at play from the very beginning.

Pure charisma..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

We are going to need bigger knee pads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Have a look at this map which shows where sexual relations between people of the same sex are illegal. Russia is not one of them. You can see that many members of the British Commonwealth have anti LGBT legislation, a fact that is completely covered up by the media and of course not a word from hypocritical Canada, Australia and Britain!
    Actually I meet people all the time who believe the anti Russia fodder thats fed to the masses and are ABSOLUTELY convinced that homosexuality is illegal in Russia.
    https://76crimes.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/76-countries-for-76crimes-8-2016.jpg?w=610&h=268

No refugees left Syria until the country was invaded by foreign jihadist mercenaries.
    I won't ask for a source for the bombings, that would be the bloke who lives in the English midlands.

3 quarters of a million Syrian refugees have returned to Syria. Assad is obviously such a murderous tyrant that thousands are flocking back to live under his boot.

• Advertisement

I remember the day when the Patriarch Kirill blessed Vladimir Vladimirovich. I am not really religious but there was something amazingly powerful about it. Along with Vladimir Vladimirovich the Patriarch Kirill is one of the wisest men in Russia.

It wasn't a protest movement, it was an armed insurgency from the very start where western backed terrorists were funneled into Syria.

BS and you absolutely know it ,

I'm honestly actually surprised this thread is allowed to stay one just to increase one posters post count while clearly trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

I remember the day when the Patriarch Kirill blessed Vladimir Vladimirovich. I am not really religious but there was something amazingly powerful about it. Along with Vladimir Vladimirovich the Patriarch Kirill is one of the wisest men in Russia.

...:confused: ?

Forgive me but isn't this the practical equivalent of fawning over politicians meeting with celebrities? "Oh she sings so well and he's such a good politician oh they're all so impressive"

Perhaps we should concern ourselves more with practical policy than what variation of the local flavour they hang out with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

cnocbui wrote: »
    Add Erdogan to complete the triumvirate of dictatorial ratbags who all love each other as much as they hate democracy and opposition.

Do you only have harsh words for anti-Western dictators? The kingdom of Saud is a dictatorship/kingdom. There’s far more liberty in Russia, Iran and Turkey - all have elections.

I'm honestly actually surprised this thread is allowed to stay one just to increase one posters post count while clearly trolling

Honestly we’re i to play the troll game I could claim to be equally convinced you are a bot or shrill from the CIA or Israel. Nothing you say is particularly Irish related. Your entire search history is pro US shrilling.

Nothing you say is particularly Irish related. .

More bs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭XsApollo

These guys don’t have a bad word to say about anything western or US and anytime their double standards are brought up they say that’s not we are discussing here.
    Gatling I’d say has an American flag over his bed and a picture of an F-22 on his ceiling so he can sleep tight.

If they could muster up the same passion they have against the Russians for the US you might be able to have a discussion with them.
    But no, it’s Putin all Putin.

XsApollo wrote: »
    Gatling I’d say has an American flag over his bed and a picture of an F-22 on his ceiling so he can sleep tight.

F22 is so 1990s

next

Do you only have harsh words for anti-Western dictators? The kingdom of Saud is a dictatorship/kingdom. There’s far more liberty in Russia, Iran and Turkey - all have elections.

I imagine most responding have very little for the Saudi regime however you are engaging in diversion. To use one example of a major democratic failing of Russia, it's not safe to be a journalist there. It's the third most dangerous place to be one. Political opponents to Putin tend to be plants by Putin(sample here), legitimate ones have literally ended up dead. Critical journalists have ended up dead.

So Russia may have elections but they're questionable. Particularly in the likes of Crimea where it met no international standards of a referendum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭XsApollo

F22 is so 1990s

next

You didn’t deny it anyway

• Advertisement

Do people believe that Putin wouldn’t win a free election in Russia?

Do you believe it's good to have a democracy where neither journalists or political opponents are safe?

pitifulgod wrote: »
    Do you believe it's good to have a democracy where neither journalists or political opponents are safe?

No. That said the idea that the US has a free unbiased press is nonsense. A tiny minority of the US citizens know about US actions. These days you have to depend on the internet for real news.

Sorry Gatling, it isn't BS, as much as you might like it to be so. There was a terrorist precence from the very start of the so called civil war in Syria. The peaceful demos that some insist on waxing lyrical about were anything but. Yes civilians did get killed in those first days, so did a lot of Syrian police. Mainly as a result of terrorist snipers who were using the same tactics that were used in Kiev - put blood on the streets to create chaos and exasperate the situation. I have no doubt that there was discontent in Syria back in 2011. That was well and truely exploited and hijacked.

On a side note, I have been courteous and open to debate on this thread. I have refrained from casting insults.

These guys don’t have a bad word to say about anything western or US and anytime their double standards are brought up they say that’s not we are discussing here.

If they could muster up the same passion they have against the Russians for the US you might be able to have a discussion with them.
    But no, it’s Putin all Putin.

Suspect that's directed at me at least partially so here's a post I made previously that might clarify things:
    Vapid hatred for its own sake, or more commonly as a means to appear trendy or to give the impression that one is in possession of some kind of sophisticated understanding of geopolitics (which tends not to be the case), is indeed a very bad thing.

In politics, as in society generally, the options are not 'good' or 'bad' the options are 'least worst' and 'worst' - the kind of open ended contempt I frequently see for the USA tends to be from people who cannot accept that fundamental truth. Moreover they tend to be angry at the inability of the US and the wider world to overnight become a model of a perfect society that can do no wrong. Idealism might lead one to despise US policy but realism should take one back to at-least examining it cynically.

That's my line basically, I've no US flag over my bed or F22 on my ceiling, but I'm reasonably convinced that of the options available to us, US hegemony is the least malign on option.

Suspect that's directed at me at least partially so here's a post I made previously that might clarify things:

That's my line basically, I've no US flag over my bed or F22 on my ceiling, but I'm reasonably convinced that of the options available to us, US hegemony is the least malign on option.

You haven’t been paying attention to the last decade or two.

The best option is in fact multiple powers in equilibrium. Including Europe if it were independent of US hegemony.

No question about it. Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin is the best thing that ever happened to Russia. He brought it back from the chaos of the collapse of the Soviets to where it is today, a great power, a counterbalance to US imperialism,.

No. That said the idea that the US has a free unbiased press is nonsense. A tiny minority of the US citizens know about US actions. These days you have to depend on the internet for real news.

The fact remains that the US press is far free than Russia's. Meanwhile Russia is one of the most dangerous places on the globe for a journalist to operate. Which you seem incapable of addressing.

You haven’t been paying attention to the last decade or two.

The best option is in fact multiple powers in equilibrium. Including Europe if it were independent of US hegemony.

Really, how has that worked out in Eastern Europe since the fall of the USSR? The places where the US/NATO holds sway have largely become modern free democratic societies. In a few cases it its stopped genocide (Bosnia/Kosovo). Contrast that with the Russian influenced fringes such as Abkhazia, Donbass, Crimea - frozen conflicts and ethnic cleansing.

Lets go a little further, do you imagine the China Sea and the nine-dash region is going to have more or less conflict as US influence in the region abates?

It's not a particularly easy choice of make, especially when you consider the colossal mistake of Iraq, but the US still strikes me as being the least malign option.

• Advertisement

You didn’t deny it anyway

No I just laughed at the attempt.

I don't have posters , drink Swedish vodka ,like the odd Cuban cigar ,love my Saab's and ducati bikes ,
    I've posted multiple times criticising american foreign and domestic political policies , presidents and governments as I have our own government ,and numerous other topics across multiple fora ,

Imagine that your wrong but your not the first and won't be the last

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement