Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

In all seriousness, there is nothing preventing people from disliking both US and Russian foreign policy, its not an "either or" situation.
    Yes there is. Have you ever heard anyone allowed to criticise US foreign policy in the media?
    Well, have you?
    is it any wonder there are moves to ban RT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Yes there is. Have you ever heard anyone allowed to criticise US foreign policy in the media?
    Well, have you?
    is it any wonder there are moves to ban RT

Are you serious? I've seen endless criticism of US foreign policy, in everything from documentaries to satire to news. It's not just during the Trump era that it's been criticised era that it's been criticised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

pitifulgod wrote: »
    Are you serious? I've seen endless criticism of US foreign policy, in everything from documentaries to satire to news. It's not just during the Trump era that it's been criticised era that it's been criticised.

It used to be criticised but now American foreign policy is hardly even mentioned.

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Where?

Lol lol lol

• Advertisement

Where?

Handful from google news about yemen(just picked out one area of foreign policy as example), all outlets are highly reputable and very much so mainstream. Also Jeremy Scahill had a great documentary in 2013 called 'Dirty Wars', it got nominated for an Oscar. There's also countless books that are critical of US foreign policy...

https://www.salon.com/2017/11/14/is-the-u-s-the-largest-purveyor-of-genocide-on-the-planet_partner/

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/24/opinions/deploying-us-armed-forces-in-niger-is-unlawful-opinion-gurul/index.html

https://theintercept.com/2017/09/18/the-u-s-military-cant-keep-track-of-which-missions-its-fueling-in-yemen-war/

http://beta.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-depetris-yemen-war-powers-resolution-20171009-story.html

Given the seriousness of Yemen why is not given much more prominence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

el diablo wrote: »
    The Yanks and their EU lapdogs are responsible for destabilizing Ukraine and installing a puppet government there. Of course Russia were never going to take this lightly. Similar story in Georgia in 2008.

Right I'm gonna need footnotes on the following claims;

EU being US lapdogs
    EU&US being responsible for destabilizing Ukraine
    EU&US installing a puppet government

Remember it was the Americans supporting a neo nazi group in Ukraine that led to the overthrow of a legitimately elected government. With IMF help, Ukraine have being engaged in a civil war, attacking Russian speaking people in the east. For ever they will be slaves paying interest to the US run IMF and that's US democracy the western media looks up to.

Sir I don't mean to be rude but judging by your username and your comments I suspect any discussion I start with you would eventually go down the route of Jews being responsible for all the worlds misery - now normally I'm up for a few rounds of that but I'm a bit tired these days.

Given the seriousness of Yemen why is not given much more prominence.

There's constant criticism over Yemen but the unfortunate aspect is plenty simply don't care. The information is there, just people choose not to read it much of the time. US foreign policy is under constant criticism and legitimately so. There's tonnes of articles about Yemen in the last 24 hours alone.

There's constant criticism over Yemen but the unfortunate aspect is plenty simply don't care. The information is there, just people choose not to read it much of the time. US foreign policy is under constant criticism and legitimately so. There's tonnes of articles about Yemen in the last 24 hours alone.

A quick look at most print newspapers and I see no mention. It’s not front news anywhere. Burying criticism in the back pages isn’t getting the information out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Right I'm gonna need footnotes on the following claims;

EU being US lapdogs
    EU&US being responsible for destabilizing Ukraine
    EU&US installing a puppet government

Sir I don't mean to be rude but judging by your username and your comments I suspect any discussion I start with you would eventually go down the route of Jews being responsible for all the worlds misery - now normally I'm up for a few rounds of that but I'm a bit tired these days.

You don't mean to be rude and then go out of your way to be rude.

Chrongen wrote: »
    You don't mean to be rude and then go out of your way to be rude.

I presume you're referring to the second part of my post rather than the first, to which case what would you have me do instead? Wait for the thread to ponderously and slowly turn into the usual 'only I understand the world you sheeple!' shtick? Broadside the poster and my everyone with the usual essay about how the world is not actually just the pawns of international banking to which Putin is our benevolent saviour? Seriously, what route should I take?

Burying criticism in the back pages isn’t getting the information out there.
    On 21 July, French and American bombers attacked a government village in Aleppo province, killing up to 125 civilians. This was reported on page 22 of the Guardian; there were no photographs.
    - John Pilger.

Ohh almost forgot russia blocked another UN investigation in to the Use of Chemical weapons this week ,

Despite been the ones calling for an investigation in the first place ,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Gatling wrote: »
    Ohh almost forgot russia blocked another UN investigation in to the Use of Chemical weapons this week ,

Despite been the ones calling for an investigation in the first place ,

According to who?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

According to who?

THE UN

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Gatling wrote: »
    THE UN

Says it all really. The UN are an extremely corrupt organisation.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Unlike the russian criminal gang masquerading as a government .

I presume you're referring to the second part of my post rather than the first, to which case what would you have me do instead? Wait for the thread to ponderously and slowly turn into the usual 'only I understand the world you sheeple!' shtick? Broadside the poster and my everyone with the usual essay about how the world is not actually just the pawns of international banking to which Putin is our benevolent saviour? Seriously, what route should I take?

Not attack straw men in your head and actually deal with what the poster said rather than what you assumed he was going to say in the future?

Highly reputable outlet, response "Says it all, they're a bunch of liars."... Put in for any reputable group.

• Advertisement

The Russian veto of the UN resolution is suspicious alright.

Not attack straw men in your head and actually deal with what the poster said rather than what you assumed he was going to say in the future?

Fair enough, lets wait and see what comes next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭badabing106

Knock knock
    "Who's there?"

The BOSS

RUSSIA-articleLarge.jpg

Funny how this thread has died and all protagonists have fallen silent. Russia has defeated ISIS in Syria and for that the world should be thankful.

Boris Johnson was in Moscow this week and the buffoon still had the pompous gall to admonish Russia about their government and how they do things.

Syrian women led a peace procession holding the portraits of Russian military men who shed their blood for the defence of Syria. No such spectacle occurred in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya or Yemen for dead British soldiers, Boris.

The pageboy of a flopping empire about which nobody gives a sh1t any more.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,133 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thought for one minute that Vlad had been given an honorary knighthood by Liz when I saw this thread come to life again tonight....

Chrongen wrote: »
    Funny how this thread has died and all protagonists have fallen silent. Russia has defeated ISIS in Syria and for that the world should be thankful.

Boris Johnson was in Moscow this week and the buffoon still had the pompous gall to admonish Russia about their government and how they do things.

Syrian women led a peace procession holding the portraits of Russian military men who shed their blood for the defence of Syria. No such spectacle occurred in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya or Yemen for dead British soldiers, Boris.

The pageboy of a flopping empire about which nobody gives a sh1t any more.

It may be due to the fact that some of us possess a view of events in the Middle-East with a bit more nuance than 'Russia has defeated ISIS in Syria'. Part of me is stunned that anyone could come to this remarkably complicated ethno-religious political issue and write such a simple minded remark, but perhaps that's a conscious choice on your part. I for one could not conceive of attributing the downfall of ISIS to anything less than a combination of Syrian, Iraqi, Kurdish and Turkish forces, supported by aerial intervention from NATO and Russia over the course of several years. If you have a more substantial point to make than 'I like Russia and I don't like the West' you will need to make a more nuanced argument than the one above.

So American forces are still in Syria ,
    Turkey publicy declares Assad a terrorist
    Rebels shoot down another jet in Syria,
    Protests in Iran partly because of costs of fighting wars in Syria and Yemen and in Israel ,
    And trump is finally sending Ukraine some very nice anti tank weapons to use against separists (aka russian military)in eastern Ukraine

Seems it's not so simple for oul vladi now is it

It may be due to the fact that some of us possess a view of events in the Middle-East with a bit more nuance than 'Russia has defeated ISIS in Syria'. Part of me is stunned that anyone could come to this remarkably complicated ethno-religious political issue and write such a simple minded remark, but perhaps that's a conscious choice on your part. I for one could not conceive of attributing the downfall of ISIS to anything less than a combination of Syrian, Iraqi, Kurdish and Turkish forces, supported by aerial intervention from NATO and Russia over the course of several years. If you have a more substantial point to make than 'I like Russia and I don't like the West' you will need to make a more nuanced argument than the one above.

An adult wouldn't spit out such an epithet as "I like Russia and I don't like the West"

You had a smidgen of credibility until the childish snipes emerged.

With the New Year arriving, so is peace in Syria.

It was a long time coming but it has arrived. Tin soldiers have consistently claimed that the Russians are so backward that they have stolen iPhones sellotaped onto the consoles of their fighter to use as GPS modules. I believe one or two on this forum actually claimed that.....usual crap from someone with no respect for an adversary.

SO? The Russians are spear-chuckers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mmxpx7B1vY

You see, the Russians have hammered the sh1t out of the forces that Washington armed and paid to try and take over Damascus. Nobody like to face up to that fact, but I find it quite gratifying. I look forward to going on holiday in this lovely area again soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jtcAMHWbIc

Where are the complaints about "barrel bombs"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Isis was in trouble when they took on different factions from all sides, it was inevitable they would lose all the land they gained. Russia joined helping Assad speedied up the eventual collapse. Isis is not defeated they have just moved location and now are setting up in Afghanistan and other unstable places to continue the fight against the unbelievers. Isis can easily emerge again in Syria and Iraq their movements need to be tracked closely to stop them.

Regarding Putin. He is essentially is a dictator, but Russia is stable and better off day than the Soviet era. Removing Putin maybe not be the best thing for Russia and the World, it hard to tell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement