Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I do hope you are trolling... it was EU and NATO that destroyed Libya, and then sent ships down to take in all comers.
    The Irish Navy was a taxi service for this, and the "rescue ships" would just park a few miles off the libyan coast to "rescue" the migrants who came after a few flares shot off. I'm not sure of the pick up and processing costs, but the cost of return is called out as 90k here:
    https://euobserver.com/migration/137720
    We in the EU have to pay for our masters in Brussels "grand" plans, nothing to do with Putin.
    It is beaucoup expensive for EU.
    The reality is most people just accept what the media tells them without questioning it.
    For example, how many people know that these "heroic rebels" in Ghouta are in fact jihahist salafist terrorists who's aim is to bring Sharia law to Syria.
    This bombing of fictitious "hospitals" and these so called activists running around with babies for the camera is just a cover up to fool the gullible that the war in Syria is a humanitarian war. The US getting involved in a war for humanitarian reasons is almost laughable if it wasn't so tragic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

More hot air as usual from Putin, the guy loves talkin out his ass.

I don’t doubt that he is a very intelligent man, but he as dangerous a leader as the world has ever seen.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

More hot air as usual from Putin, the guy loves talkin out his ass.

I don’t doubt that he is a very intelligent man, but he as dangerous a leader as the world has ever seen.
    Any good leader (who isn't a puppet) will defend his country against aggression and efforts to destabilise it. Putin's biggest "crime" is that he isn't a Yeltsin yes man.

Who is being aggressive towards his country?

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Ajsoprano

What I think is odd is Russia has never had a leader that wasn’t evil.

I read a lot of mainstream American and European media and I don’t remember one Russian leader that wasn’t the worst monster in the world.

Come to think of it I’ve never even heard of them having one single good policy or law change.

You’d almost believe the Russian people don’t warm to nice leaders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Ajsoprano wrote: »
    What I think is odd is Russia has never had a leader that wasn’t evil.

I read a lot of mainstream American and European media and I don’t remember one Russian leader that wasn’t the worst monster in the world.

Come to think of it I’ve never even heard of them having one single good policy or law change.

You’d almost believe the Russian people don’t warm to nice leaders.

Gorbachev was relatively well regarded.

Never mind that was the USSR.

Gorbachev and Yeltsin at least had a bit of vision towards a better future for Russia, no matter for what other failings they had. Putin’s obsession seems to just be about him and his desire to be anti western everything.

Ajsoprano wrote: »
    Keep reading it. :D

If Russia had a leader ten times worse than Stalin but was favourable to US business interests would he be a monster?
    Gorbachev and Yeltsin at least had a bit of vision towards a better future for Russia,
    Gorbachev maybe but totally naive, Yeltsin was only a figurehead who didn't even notice as the country was looted by oligarchs.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Keep reading it. :D

If Russia had a leader ten times worse than Stalin

Gorbachev maybe but totally naive,

Gorbachev was the best hope they ever had ,
    Unfortunately it's been backwards since and it's only going to get worse for the average Joe russian

You know as much as I dislike Putin, i’d love to sit down for a pint with him, i’d Say he could tell ya some stories.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Who is being aggressive towards his country?

West supporting Jihadists and supporting Neo-Nazis in Ukraine is what is truly shameful. Russia may have its own interests in Syria, but Assad is a safer choice for the west.

Assad is a safe choice? A man who has used Chlorine and Sarin against his own people?

Since when is that a safe choice?

And Neo Nazis in Ukraine? Helping a nations own people against an aggressor nation is bad is it?

Assad is a safe choice? A man who has used Chlorine and Sarin against his own people?

Since when is that a safe choice?

And Neo Nazis in Ukraine? Helping a nations own people against an aggressor nation is bad is it?

False flags by jihadists backed by the west.Putin would not allow Assad to use chemical weapons Assad is an evil guy who killed innocent people caught up in the fighting, but any war has always been like that.

Ukraine Azov Battalion is anti-semitic racist soldiers. They even have Nazi symbols on their helmets. They are guarding the frontline for the Ukrainian government.

False flags by jihadists backed by the west.Putin would not allow Assad to use chemical weapons Assad is an evil guy who killed innocent people caught up in the fighting, but any war has always been like that.

Ukraine Azov Battalion is anti-semitic racist soldiers. They even have Nazi symbols on their helmets. They are guarding the frontline for the Ukrainian government.

Well explain the chlorine bombs ,

Ukraine remind us about that ,

Are Ukrainians not allowed defend themselves against russian forces

False flags and conspiracy theories lol how pathetic

Gatling wrote: »
    Well explain the chlorine bombs ,

Ukraine remind us about that ,

Are Ukrainians not allowed defend themselves against russian forces

A chloride bomb, is homemade device is not sophisticated. Jihadist can make it that with enough space and room in a house.

They are entitled to defend themselves, but they are using the worst scum of mankind to do so.

A chloride bomb, is homemade device is not sophisticated. Jihadist can make it that with enough space and room in a house.

They are entitled to defend themselves, but they are using the worst scum of mankind to do so.

So Ukrainians defending themselves should there be a law who's can defend a country when attacked by russia you do understand russian Nazis are also present in eastern Ukraine ,

Can they make russian military aircraft in a room to drop it from too ,

Beggars belief

Can they make russian military aircraft in a room to drop it from too ,

Beggars belief

Assad has the Russians to rout out jihadists from the air. Assad does not need to use chemical weapons to kill those people.There is no independent research Assad uses chemical weapons. It's propaganda used by the West. Russia would not allow this as it gives the Americans the excuse to sanction them. There very little to gain by using those weapons. The Jihadists have more to gain using Chemical weapons against people.

Assad has the Russians to rout out jihadists from the air. Assad does not need to use chemical weapons to kill those people.There is no independent research Assad uses chemical weapons.

Your wrong ,

The UN said it ,the OPCW said it ,

Claim of conspiracies against russia is pure bollox .
    Route the jihadists from the air how many more years will that take ,and I see your also using the whole everyone that isn't a Assad regime loyalist is a terrorist nonsense .

Your wrong ,

The UN said it ,the OPCW said it ,

Claim of conspiracies against russia is pure bollox .
    Route the jihadists from the air how many more years will that take ,and I see your also using the whole everyone that isn't a Assad regime loyalist is a terrorist nonsense .

UN and OPCW is releasing reports based on French, UK and American so-called intelligence. Those countries have an agenda. Russia has an agenda also but I support the removal of Jihadists from the country, so I side with Russia on this. Syria was way better off before the revolution, women had rights, streets were busy and people are well fed and not hungry. I don't see how Syria was better off without Assad.

UN and OPCW is releasing reports based on French, UK and American so-called intelligence. Those countries have an agenda. Russia has an agenda also but I support the removal of Jihadists from the country, so I side with Russia on this.

So you clearly support tyrannical government and rulers and everything outside of that is a lie .

Ah well

• Advertisement

So you clearly support tyrannical government and rulers and everything outside of that is a lie .

Ah well

Pictures of Syria (below link) before the war and now. I think the thousands upon thousands who have died likely say now if they were alive the revolution was a mistake. The Syrians who still living I bet would go back to the way it was before. I don't support Assad, I think Syria was better off before the revolution.

https://www.quora.com/What-was-Syria-like-before-the-revolution-Have-people-always-wanted-to-overthrow-the-government-What-was-the-life-of-the-average-Syrian-like-before-things-got-so-violent

Pictures of Syria (below link) before the war and now. I think the thousands upon thousands who have died likely say now if they were alive the revolution was a mistake.

If the Assad regime committed to reforms and less tyrannical rule things might be different ,but Assad and Putin bombing the country back to the stone age has made sure it will never be the same ,
    Maybe putin thinks it's Chechnya and Syrians want it but i don't think the majority of Syrians want Assad or putin ruling over them.

Assad has the Russians to rout out jihadists from the air. Assad does not need to use chemical weapons to kill those people.There is no independent research Assad uses chemical weapons. It's propaganda used by the West. Russia would not allow this as it gives the Americans the excuse to sanction them. There very little to gain by using those weapons. The Jihadists have more to gain using Chemical weapons against people.

This idea that the rebel’s gas themselves has to be the dumbest conspiracy theory to emerge in history. And in places that are surrounded,with little or no food, or supplies of any kind, and yet you expect us to believe people are there mixing up Sarin and Chlorine in their homes. And then just releasing it in the streets.

Ridiculous.

The fact you ask for independent research, yet refuse to believe the huge bodies of evidence out there, indicates that no matter what was produced for you, you still wouldn’t believe it. The fact is that Putin has given Assad such a protective arm, that Assad believes he can do what he wants. The only reason Putin went into Syria, was to give a big 2 fingers to the West.

This idea that the rebel’s gas themselves has to be the dumbest conspiracy theory to emerge in history. And in places that are surrounded,with little or no food, or supplies of any kind, and yet you expect us to believe people are there mixing up Sarin and Chlorine in their homes. And then just releasing it in the streets.

Ridiculous.

The fact you ask for independent research, yet refuse to believe the huge bodies of evidence out there, indicates that no matter what was produced for you, you still wouldn’t believe it. The fact is that Putin has given Assad such a protective arm, that Assad believes he can do what he wants. The only reason Putin went into Syria, was to give a big 2 fingers to the West.

Their jihadists they don't care about killing civilians they are there for jihad and to create an Islamic state in Syria. There are other Syria groups fighting for the people and they would not do it.

If the Assad regime committed to reforms and less tyrannical rule things might be different ,but Assad and Putin bombing the country back to the stone age has made sure it will never be the same ,
    Maybe putin thinks it's Chechnya and Syrians want it but i don't think the majority of Syrians want Assad or putin ruling over them.

Isis, Al Nusra and other groups like them cannot be reasoned with. Assad was willing to reform the country when the revolution started, fighting did not stop and jihadists pouring into Syria made it worse.

Their jihadists they don't care about killing civilians they are there for jihad and to create an Islamic state in Syria. There are other Syria groups fighting for the people and they would not do it.

So russians who don't care about Syrians are bombing civilians who don't want them or Assad but that's ok in your book ?

So pretty much, you don’t have an answer.

So russians who don't care about Syrians are bombing civilians who don't want them or Assad but that's ok in your book ?

They're not bombing civilians. The Jihadists are firing on residential neighbourhoods, do you expect them not fire back? Russia is dropping leaflets to tell civilians to leave areas the Jihadists are firing from. Sorry but if you don't leave you going to be killed.

So pretty much, you don’t have an answer.

I just have common sense, especially after the 2003 Iraq war shenanigans. America claimed Iraq had chemical and biological weapons factories. They even produced aerial photography of alleged Iraq military base. They claimed the trucks near the building were mobile labs producing the stuff. What did they find when they got to Iraq it was a milk factory!

• Advertisement

They're not bombing civilians. The Jihadists are firing on residential neighbourhoods, do you expect them not fire back?

" Russia is dropping leaflets to tell civilians to leave areas the Jihadists are firing from. Sorry but if you don't leave you going to be killed"

Seriously deluded ,

"There not bombing civilians " did they tell you personally

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement