Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

Crimea was always part of Ukraine before statehood and after statehood ,

The Ukraine never exists as a state before 1991.

Russia said it didn’t have soldiers in Ukraine, and that was always believed to be a lie, and proven to be a lie.

Source please?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

na1 wrote: »
    Source please?

Pay attention:
    "Let me be clear," Putin said: "I will say this clearly: There are no Russian troops in Ukraine."
    http://uk.businessinsider.com/putin-i-will-say-this-clearly-there-are-no-russian-troops-in-ukraine-2015-4?r=US&IR=T
    Vladimir Putin admits: Russian troops 'were in Ukraine'
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/vladimir-putin/12054164/Vladimir-Putins-annual-press-conference-2015-live.html

Wikipedia disagrees with you: "During the 20th century three periods of independence occurred."

cnocbui wrote: »

Wikipedia disagrees with you: "During the 20th century three periods of independence occurred."
    Independence != recognized state

• Advertisement

Independence != recognized state

Source please?

Pay attention:
    "Let me be clear," Putin said: "I will say this clearly: There are no Russian troops in Ukraine."
    http://uk.businessinsider.com/putin-i-will-say-this-clearly-there-are-no-russian-troops-in-ukraine-2015-4?r=US&IR=T
    Vladimir Putin admits: Russian troops 'were in Ukraine'
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/vladimir-putin/12054164/Vladimir-Putins-annual-press-conference-2015-live.html
    Troops != Soldiers

There are no US troops in Ireland,
    But there are few US Soldiers in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Uboat

Gatling wrote: »
    Crimea was always part of Ukraine before statehood and after statehood ,

They had autonomy to a degree but not enough majority to force any change unfortunately ,

Thought it though quite well unlike ^

1997 treaty between the Russian Federation and Ukraine, Russia recognized Ukraine’s borders, and accepted Ukraine’s sovereignty over Crimea

Mecanno

Mutes your point .

FACEPALM!

1997 treaty between the Russian Federation and Ukraine, Russia recognized Ukraine’s borders, and accepted Ukraine’s sovereignty over Crimea
    Wiki: A treaty on the demarcation of the common border between the foreign ministers of Ukraine and Russia was signed on 17 May 2010 and came into force on 29 July of the same year.At that time, Ukraine intended to start work on the demarcation of the border upon ratification of the agreement by the respective governments, but ratification was not completed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Putin was talking about the professional wing of the Russian army, was not involved. Russian mercenaries were used in the fighting in the East of Ukraine. They are private armies. Russian volunteers also likely went to Ukraine to fight the Neo-Nazis for free. America uses mercenaries too to fight it's war nowadays. If Russia used it army the Ukraine army would be crushed within days or few weeks. There is no evidence the Russians used it's modern air force to crush the advancing Ukraine forces. It very different in Syria Russia deployed some serious hardware to the region to protect Assad.

• Advertisement

Putin was talking about the professional wing of the Russian army, was not involved. Russian mercenaries were used in the fighting in the East of Ukraine. They are private armies. Russian volunteers also likely went to Ukraine to fight the Neo-Nazis for free. America uses mercenaries too to fight it's war nowadays. If Russia used it army the Ukraine army would be crushed within days or few weeks. There is no evidence the Russians used it's modern air force to crush the advancing Ukraine forces. It very different in Syria Russia deployed some serious hardware to the region to protect Assad.

Cheerful Spring is Putin's agent on boards.

See a hair - split it!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭kooper

Chrongen wrote: »
    This was blatantly violated by Kiev when then announced ethnic cleansing of Novorrusians and sent death squads to Crimea.

The Crimeans asked for and received protection.
    They are happy now and safe.
    LOL is this guy serious "death squads"? That's hilarious, you probably watched too much of Russian propaganda.

Happy and save, another propaganda stuff, tell it to tatars that live in Crimea that they happy and safe...

Troops != Soldiers

There are no US troops in Ireland,
    But there are few US Soldiers in this country.

Oh the sheer desperation - reminds me of a freshly caught fish desperately flapping around in the bottom of the boat because it doesn't like reality.

First they ask you to prove it then they desperately move the goal posts and argue that the argument parrot isn't really dead, it's just pining.

"fight for free" wow that's naive and "volunteers" with tanks is even more naive...
    There is enough of proves now, that russia shelled Ukraine from it's territory...
    About mercenaries, did you know that Mercenarism is forbidden by russian criminal law, article 359? So basically russian government breaks it's own law, though they don't give a s...t about it's own laws for long time now :).

Actually it was around 52-54 % russians living in Crimea ,
    Not 94 % of Crimea which somehow became 120+% but why did no Ukrainians vote,
    And why did this apparent 94% you claim turn down russian passports opting for Ukrainian passports .

No ,

Nothing,

Have you anything other than putinganda

Less putinganda please it's old and boring not very intelligent either

This is Census numbers in 2001, for Crimea. Crimea was then part of Ukraine.
    Russians - 1,180.4 (58.3%)
    Ukrainians - 492.2 (24.3%)

Are you against the majority of the population deciding their own fate? There more Russians living in Crimea, that's a fact, not Putin Propaganda.

A 2014 Census put the number of Russians at 65 percent.

People are happy to be part of Ukraine when their rights are respected. Neo-Nazis involvement in the coup leads to an uprising. Putin did not get involved till the coup happened and shady characters emerged to take power.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

kooper wrote: »
    "fight for free" wow that's naive and "volunteers" with tanks is even more naive...
    There is enough of proves now, that russia shelled Ukraine from it's territory...
    About mercenaries, did you know that Mercenarism is forbidden by russian criminal law, article 359? So basically russian government breaks it's own law, though they don't give a s...t about it's own laws for long time now :).

they just borrowed them from work. Dont try and tell me you have never borrowed something from work and used it for a nixer.

Russians are patriotic. It would not surprise me at all if young men in Russia bored and having nothing to do would go to Ukraine to fight. Foreigners have travelled to Ukraine to join the fight there, why not Russians? This is not shocking at all.

Oh the sheer desperation - reminds me of a freshly caught fish desperately flapping around in the bottom of the boat because it doesn't like reality.

First they ask you to prove it then they desperately move the goal posts and argue that the argument parrot isn't really dead, it's just pining.

Putin smashing jihadists and Neo-Nazis scum I am all for it. Only for Russia Isis would still be slaughtering thousands of people. Very little was done to stop Isis when Obama was in charge.

Russians are patriotic. It would not surprise me at all if young men in Russia bored and having nothing to do would go to Ukraine to fight. Foreigners have travelled to Ukraine to join the fight there, why not Russians? This is not shocking at all.
    Yeah, that's so russian, "hm, I'm bored let's kill some people". I don't know any foreigners that traveled to Ukraine to join fight with it's own tanks, unlike "russian volunteers" on borrowed from work tanks :)...

• Advertisement

Putin smashing jihadists and Neo-Nazis scum I am all for it. Only for Russia Isis would still be slaughtering thousands of people. Very little was done to stop Isis when Obama was in charge.
    OMG, man, are you serious? Putin supports neo-nazis all over Europe(France, Italy, etc...), wake up man...

OMG, man, are you serious? Putin supports neo-nazis all over Europe(France, Italy, etc...), wake up man...

Watch and learn. The Azov Battalion is supported by the Ukrainian government and Western Governments.

Watch and learn. The Azov Battalion is supported by the Ukrainian government and Western Governments.
    Have you heard anything about RNU? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_National_Unity. They are russian neo-nazis, that fighting in Donbass supported by Volodia :), so again is Putin fighting against or for neo-nazis that's a question :).
    Supporting home grown RNU in Donbass, National Front in France and many other far right parties across Europe, I'd say he is huge neo-nazi supporter :D.
    Another funny thing guess where "white supremacist' site banned in US and Europe hosted;)?

Have you heard anything about RNU? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_National_Unity. They are russian neo-nazis, that fighting in Donbass supported by Volodia :), so again is Putin fighting against or for neo-nazis that's a question :).
    Supporting home grown RNU in Donbass, National Front in France and many other far right parties across Europe, I'd say he is huge neo-nazi supporter :D.
    Another funny thing guess where "white supremacist' site banned in US and Europe hosted;)?

Kremlin is not supporting or arming that group and to say otherwise is propaganda. Azov Battalion is part of the Ukranian armed forces, therefore, they are supported by the current government.

National Front is an anti-immigration and anti-EU party there is no evidence they have a military wing attached to it and they tell their members to go kill minorities on French streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Watch and learn. The Azov Battalion is supported by the Ukrainian

They are Ukrainian soldiers ,who are part of the Ukrainian army ,

Are you going to start about ethnic cleansing again like several other posters repeatedly quoting putinganda

There is no such thing as Kurds, they are a western fairy-tale invention. Tales of Kurds destroying ISIS are false. Suggestions that Obama funded and armed the Kuds are lies! There are no Kurds, how can you arm something that doesn't exist? You are not logical

Putin defeated ISIS singlehandedly with sabres while riding pillion behind the leader of the we're-really-not-neo-nazi-bikers, the Night Wolves - vroom, vroom.

Kurds! Phhhhttt! All lies I tell you!

Kremlin is not supporting or arming that group and to say otherwise is propaganda. Azov Battalion is part of the Ukranian armed forces, therefore, they are supported by the current government.

National Front is an anti-immigration and anti-EU party there is no evidence they have a military wing attached to it and they tell their members to go kill minorities on French streets.
    Yeah, that's very good position, we pay them but we don't support them, quite convenient.

BTW do you think that video that you attached proves that Azov is neo-nazi? I bet they can shoot the same kind of crap about any army unit, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Putin should be applauded for saving the lives of hundreds of thousands of Syrian Christians from the NATO/US/EU/Saudi backed jihadist terrorists better known in our free, fair and impartial western media as rebels and activists.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Putin should be applauded for saving the lives of hundreds of thousands of Syrian Christians

While massacring hundreds of thousands of non Christians Syrians .

• Advertisement

They are Ukrainian soldiers ,who are part of the Ukrainian army ,

Are you going to start about ethnic cleansing again like several other posters repeatedly quoting putinganda

Don't quote putinganda, quote gatlinganda.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement