Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

Beware! One of the Putin's rivals, a Russian politician Yegor Gaidar died in 2009 after visiting Dublin (he lost consciousness and was rushed to hospital during a conference near Dublin and died few days later)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

I’m trying to think what was the point of this ‘attack’.Could it have been done by a renegade agent who turned on Putin, especially with the Presidential election coming up or could it be Putin not giving a ****e and putting a warning out to any attempts at stopping him being re-elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I’m trying to think what was the point of this ‘attack’.Could it have been done by a renegade agent who turned on Putin, especially with the Presidential election coming up or could it be Putin not giving a ****e and putting a warning out to any attempts at stopping him being re-elected.

The point? here's a clue for you: "Former agent Mr Skripal, whose wife, son and older brother have all died in the past two years.."

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

cnocbui wrote: »
    The point? here's a clue for you: "Former agent Mr Skripal, whose wife, son and older brother have all died in the past two years.."

"Former double agent Mr Skripal, whose wife, son and older brother have all died in the past two years.."

"Former double agent Mr Skripal, whose wife, son and older brother have all died in the past two years.."

Grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Grow up.

i was agreeing with you. not sure what your attitude is all about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Putin poisoned him,now his heads all a kerfuffle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Indeed. How dangerous was this guy that he needed to be assassinated? And if his life was in danger then the Brits who harboured him did a pretty lousy job in protecting him if indeed this was some kind of murder attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

The point? Go on?

My friend Tara lost her younger brother, then mother then older brother all within 18 months.

My quote was verbatim: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43297638

I thought your alteration was intended to imply a vindication of events. my apology if that was not your intention.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Possible, Russians who dislike Putin are involved. We also don't know what this guy was doing for the last 8 years while in the UK. Could he have made enemies in the criminal underworld? I would not rule out a false flag event either and this attack was carried out by UK or US spies to blame Russia.

Skripal was handed over and pardoned by the Russians in 2010, in a spy swap deal. They could have kept him then if he was a threat to Russia. This incident doesn't make sense, at the moment and we still don't know what happened to him and the woman.

KGB agent Alexander Litvinenko was murdered there were clues to why he was killed. He claimed Putin ordered a flag event ( blowing up of a tower block) to justify a war against Chechnya and he also claimed Putin was a paedophile and this was being covered up by the Russian state. All those allegations are not proven. I never researched it to see if those claims have any merit to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,945 ✭✭✭✭josip

All of which is why I have no intention of ever going to Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

So essentially Putin feels the need to make himself look strong before another (so called election) to guarantee himself his permanent leader status , military spending is up and the economy is in the gutter wonder how long before his backers decide enough is enough

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

A police officer (first officer on the scene apparently) is now seriously ill after this.

bilston wrote: »
    A police officer (first officer on the scene apparently) is now seriously ill after this.

Toxin is a chemical nerve agent ,

State assassination .

Wonder how many thousands of people have been directly put at risk ,

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

When Turkey shot down the russian plane and when the muslims did the attack in Saint Petersburg (his city) he talked a lot but did nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Das Reich wrote: »
    When Turkey shot down the russian plane and when the muslims did the attack in Saint Petersburg (his city) he talked a lot but did nothing.

You do know that 10% of the Russian population is Muslim.

So much for the Russian vassal trolls attempts at deflection by trying to suggest it was a recreational drug.

If only someone would assassinate that scumbag Putin, he is a contemptible little shiite.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,945 ✭✭✭✭josip

I'm guessing that Skripal and his daughter are as good as dead but the policeman has a chance?
    Would it have been V series or something the Russians have developed themselves?

So much for the Russian vassal trolls attempts at deflection by trying to suggest it was a recreational drug.

If only someone would assassinate that scumbag Putin, he is a contemptible little shiite.

Skripal received a pardon in 2010 from Dmitry Medvedev. I not buying for one second the Kremlin eight years later decided to kill him. More to this story that not yet known. Skripal was a traitor in his country, so to their likely people who wanted him dead. Kremlin can't control every person in Russia who wants someone dead. You live by a code if you decide to be an agent of the state.

• Advertisement

Skripal received a pardon in 2010 from Dmitry Medvedev. I not buying for one second the Kremlin eight years later decided to kill him. More to this story that not yet known. Skripal was a traitor in his country, so to their likely people who wanted him dead. Kremlin can't control every person in Russia who wants someone dead. You live by a code if you decide to be an agent of the state.

Case and point

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Nerve agent though? Not exactly available in shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I can see why Britain are angry.

Totally unacceptable behaviour from Russia if they did indeed have a hand in this.

They've no respect for anyone else.

Who helped them when the Kursk disaster happened, the Royal Navy that's who.

They might have had a chance of rescuing those submariners if the Russians hadn't been so pigheaded about accepting help sooner.

Nerve agent though? Not exactly available in shops.

Police have not identified the poison used exactly yet. There speculation online about it. There is no evidence yet found linking this attack to the Kremlin. There many Russian spies in the UK who Putin would want dead and they are still alive. The Russians handed this guy over to the UK, the reason for me this event is very suspicious. They had him in a Russian prison for years on espionage charges and released him in a spy swap deal. Maybe there are rogue Russian agents who disliked what the Russian government did?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Just like that easily attained polonium that was used against Litvinenko, exact same arguments were used at time. In relation to why they'd do it, they're making an example of a traitor, exchanges could be viewed as getting away punishment free for spying against Russia. This is a signal that no traitors to Russia are safe. You can claim all your false flag ideas but the simple fact is, the Russian government is the most likely guilty party.

pitifulgod wrote: »
    Just like that easily attained polonium that was used against Litvinenko, exact same arguments were used at time. In relation to why they'd do it, they're making an example of a traitor, exchanges could be viewed as getting away punishment free for spying against Russia. This is a signal that no traitors to Russia are safe. You can claim all your false flag ideas but the simple fact is, the Russian government is the most likely guilty party.

He was a spy for the UK who knows what he doing for the last 8 years. In that business, you can make other enemies and does not mean the Russians did it. He may have had secret information about what the UK and their allies are up to and they got rid of him. They knew the media would blame the Russians for it and get away with. Nothing will surprise me in the spy game.

Litvinenko wrote inflammatory things about Russia and Putin. He became a target after he fled to the UK. He's not some, innocent guy, was a KGB agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

that's idiotic . putin is the only world leader (bar maybe the Chinese) who stands against the industrial military complex of the US ( and Uk to a lesser degree)
    He may be looking after Russia's interest but he is a hero because we have seen since the days of GWB and Tony Blairs lies right up till the present day what the US and NATOs policies have gotten the world.
    Plus what has Putin actually done wrong?

People seem to miss that , you become a traitor and this is the price.
    You think any other military power would have a traitor fannying about after what he did?
    You mightn't like it but it's the cold war...no side has their hands clean.

It's highly unlikely one could wage a battle like this with NATO without some blood being split....Let's be clear , the US/NATO is the aggressor...

they have surrounded Russian territory militarily and have in two recent wars attempted to overthrow Allies of Russia....Libya and Syria.

Like FFS - what is Putin suppose to do...bow down?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Uboat

Would be pity if somebody else poisoned a traitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Uboat

paw patrol wrote: »
    that's idiotic . putin is the only world leader (bar maybe the Chinese) who stands against the industrial military complex of the US ( and Uk to a lesser degree)
    He may be looking after Russia's interest but he is a hero because we have seen since the days of GWB and Tony Blairs lies right up till the present day what the US and NATOs policies have gotten the world.
    Plus what has Putin actually done wrong?

People seem to miss that , you become a traitor and this is the price.
    You think any other military power would have a traitor fannying about after what he did?
    You mightn't like it but it's the cold war...no side has their hands clean.

It's highly unlikely one could wage a battle like this with NATO without some blood being split....Let's be clear , the US/NATO is the aggressor...

they have surrounded Russian territory militarily and have in two recent wars attempted to overthrow Allies of Russia....Libya and Syria.

Like FFS - what is Putin suppose to do...bow down?

Off course he has to bow down to appease Gatling, White House and rest members of "democratic, freedom loving" club aka NATO, EU etc.!

• Advertisement

Police have not identified the poison used exactly yet. There speculation online about it. There is no evidence yet found linking this attack to the Kremlin. There many Russian spies in the UK who Putin would want dead and they are still alive. The Russians handed this guy over to the UK, the reason for me this event is very suspicious. They had him in a Russian prison for years on espionage charges and released him in a spy swap deal. Maybe there are rogue Russian agents who disliked what the Russian government did?

Do you not find it amazingly convenient for dictotor Putin, that Russia is simply awash with these very convenient <cough> patriots <cough> who very conveniently take care of people he would otherwise find troublesome?

Anna Politkovskaya, was first poisoned on a flight to Chechnya , then shot dead.

Elena Kostyuchenko travelled to Beslan and investigated the several reports that Russian special forces planted explosives that killed most of the 300 children and adults who died in that tragedy. She and her photographer were followed, intimidated, doused with green paint and beaten up so she had to spend a week in hospital with concussion.

Not enough time to go into the other 200 or so journalists who have conveniently died or dissapeared.

Boris Nemetsov the principal Opposition leader was murdered - how convenient.

The dissident Vladimir Kara-Murza has twice been poisoned, and spent a considerable length of time in a coma on life-support. How careless of him.

Litvinenko - assassinated by the Russian state using Polonium.

Putin critical radio host Tatyana Felgenhauer stabbed in the throat and had to be put in a coma. The authorities claim the attacker was just deranged. Amazing how he was equipped with gas to spray in the face of a security guard, incapacitating him and then somehow knew the layout of the building as he was able to walk directly to a meeting room where Tatyana was. How convenient that this deranged person was so well equipped and so thoroughly prepared.

Corruption exposing Lawyer Sergei Magnitsky was arrested and then beaten to death in jail. Again, an amazingly convenient event and a no doubt justified end for 'tax evasion'. Is that jingle bells i hear playing? Why does my leg feel like someone is tugging at it.

The lawyer Nikolai Gorokhov, 53, fell from his fourth-floor apartment and died, just as he about to represent Magnitsky's mother against the state in court. Wow, such a convenient coincidence.

And I could probably go on all night if had half a mind to. All these amazingly convenient poisonings, executions, beatings, stabbings and mysterious deaths - all happening to Putin regime critics and opponents. Of course nothing whatsoever ever happens to pro Putin figures in Russia, they lead an utterly charmed life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement