Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Uboat wrote: »
    Would be pity if somebody else poisoned a traitor.

And his daughter as well? One half trying to pretend he wasn't assassinated by Russian government, other claiming conspiracies to frame Russians.....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Uboat wrote: »
    Off course he has to bow down to Gatling,

Bow boy bow

Have to say when even the conspiracy nuts are making excuses and claims it says a lot ,

And it also looks like the UN are calling russian airstrikes on a market in Syria "war crimes"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

pitifulgod wrote: »
    And his daughter as well? One half trying to pretend he wasn't assassinated by Russian government, other claiming conspiracies to frame Russians.....

somebody has ballsed up the briefing notes. Heads will roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Skripal was a traitor in his country, so to their likely people who wanted him dead.

You're not half wrong there... here's a quote from Putin at the time of the spy swap:

"Traitors will kick the bucket, trust me. These people betrayed their friends, their brothers in arms. Whatever they got in exchange, those 30 pieces of silver they were given - they will choke on them."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Interesting time for the diminutive one to come out with a quote like this?
    Russia's President Vladimir Putin has warned his country's enemies they will "be served with poison".

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/europe/russias-foes-will-be-served-poison-putin-36682387.html

Personally I have no doubt the Russians are behind this. The only way to hurt Putin is to damage his internal image and a boycott of the World Cup would be the ideal vehicle for that. Shame floppy Boris has rolled back from that sentiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I don't get the outrage of trying to kill Spy's that have flipped, it's all part of the game. It's their patriotic duty to assassinate a Flipped Spy. Not that we have any Spy's but if there was an Irish Spy that turned to the other side, I would want the state to whack him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Gatling wrote: »
    Have to say when even the conspiracy nuts are making excuses and claims it says a lot ,

And it also looks like the UN are calling russian airstrikes on a market in Syria "war crimes"

The UN,the most useless organisation that ever came into existence,no problem ignoring the west's breaking of international law...anyone remember the vile of anthrax pantomine

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I don't get the outrage of trying to kill Spy's that have flipped, it's all part of the game. It's their patriotic duty to assassinate a Flipped Spy. Not that we have any Spy's but if there was an Irish Spy that turned to the other side, I would want the state to whack him.

Go live in Russia, then you will happier living in a country which operates down at your level.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

If his life was under threat he would have been given a new identity and kept a low profile, instead he even bought a house in his own name. I doubt if Putin even ever heard of Salisbury. So Putin waits 8 years and tries to bump him off with the election and World Cup weeks away? Right ...
    By the way, he was NOT a Russian spy, he was in the pay of the British and therefore a British spy but obviously "Russian spy" makes it more spicy for the masses. Cui bono.
    and a boycott of the World Cup
    I suppose that would mean Germany are now the new favourites?

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »
    Interesting time for the diminutive one to come out with a quote like this?

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/europe/russias-foes-will-be-served-poison-putin-36682387.html

Personally I have no doubt the Russians are behind this. The only way to hurt Putin is to damage his internal image and a boycott of the World Cup would be the ideal vehicle for that. Shame floppy Boris has rolled back from that sentiment.

You could hurt Putin far more by ejecting Russia from the SWIFT interbank payment system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

If his life was under threat he would have been given a new identity and kept a low profile, instead he even bought a house in his own name. I doubt if Putin even ever heard of Salisbury. So Putin waits 8 years and tries to bump him off with the election and World Cup weeks away? Right ...
    By the way, he was NOT a Russian spy, he was in the pay of the British and therefore a British spy but obviously "Russian spy" makes it more spicy for the masses. Cui bono.

I suppose that would mean Germany are now the new favourites?

He was a Russian spy, who the British turned to spy for them. Try and keep up.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

The UN,the most useless organisation that ever came into existence,

Warsaw pact gets my vote

He was a Russian spy, who the British turned to spy for them. Try and keep up.
    He was a military intelligence officer who passed information to the British, thats makes him a British spy. If he was a Russian spy who exactly was he spying on? I suppose the fact that he is Russian does make him a Russian spy but then again the British gutter press never let facts get in the way of a good story.

I suppose the fact that he is Russian does make him a Russian spy

An actual fact .

Russian spy targeted by his own leader,

This is interesting, but really not at all surprising...

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/russian-spy-sergei-skirpal-daughter-yulia-in-fight-for-life-after-reportedly-being-poisoned-with-nerve-gas/news-story/bc9c1a682084b3389d181c1c1820516b
    THE former Russian double agent fighting for his life after an apparent poisoning in the UK was ‘close’ to a British investigator associated with the scandalous ‘Trump Dossier,” the UK Telegraph claims.

The British newspaper says it has spoken with a security consultant, who wished to remain anonymous, who worked with the same firm as Christopher Steele - the former MI6 agent who assembled a dossier allegedly detailing compromising material Moscow had gathered on President Donald Trump.

The Telegraph’s report has heightened speculation that Col Skripal is the mysterious Russian agent mentioned on the first page of the Trump Dossier as a source of the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Billy86 wrote: »

Surprised they didn't dump him in the woods with slit wrists and a fake suicide note like they did with David Kelly.

Just read that article and look at the pattern of a fit up.

So, according to the article The Telegraph has "spoken" to a "security consultant".

That security consultant is not named but worked for "Orbis Business Intelligence".

A guy called Christopher Steele also worked for this Orbis Business Intelligence outfit and is supposed to have compiled a "Trump Dossier" outlining dirt that the Russians had on The Donald.

This chump. Chris Steele, fabricated the crappy dossier laced with grammar errors and written in a style alien to a senior British intelligence officer.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgregory/2017/01/13/the-trump-dossier-is-false-news-and-heres-why/#7b8eeeee6867

No investigation just little bits of "news" churned out to sow more seeds of doubt in the public mind. But it's worked hundreds of times before on the gullible public so it'll work again.

The attempts at stitch-ups are now laughably amateurish and predictable but they will work on Joe Dope Public who knows no better.

Chrongen wrote: »
    Surprised they didn't dump him in the woods with slit wrists and a fake suicide note like they did with David Kelly.
    ...... and as for what when on in Northern Ireland we won't even go there.

This chump. Chris Steele, fabricated the crappy dossier laced with grammar errors and written in a style alien to a senior British intelligence officer.
    I was extremely skeptical on it when the dossier first came about, but it's strange how a lot of these supposed fabrications have been verified and corroborated don't you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Shenshen wrote: »
    They say he's as big as four cats and he's got a retractable leg so's he can leap up at you better. He lights up at night and he's got four ears, two of them are for listening and the other two are kind of back-up ears. His claws are as big as cups and for some reason, he's got a tremendous fear of stamps! He's got magnets on his tail, so's if you're made out of metal he can attach himself to you and instead of a mouth, he's got four arses.

That last bit is actually true, and he does talk a lot of sh*te

Putin is a prick but, this is the third time that Father Dougal's quote has been used in After Hours this week.

I was extremely skeptical on it when the dossier first came about, but it's strange how a lot of these supposed fabrications have been verified and corroborated don't you think?

Which ones?

It's been proven that the DNC was not hacked but leaked. The data that was copied from DNC servers was copied at speeds only possible when transferred to an external peripheral and not over NIC's and network infrastructure. So the hack thing is a farce.

What verifications are you referring to?

And of course you have known many a Senior British intelligence officer and are intimately familiar with their 'style'.

Funny, this expertise you have, given that in another thread you claimed Bin Laden had no involvement in 9/11 and yet I posted a video of him boasting about how he masterminded and organised it.
    And if you're going to parrot the Bin Laden 9/11 BS that they were harbouring the mastermind of the Twin Tower attacks then you do know that the Afghans offered to hand him over if the US could provide proof of his involvement. They couldn't so attacked anyway. The FBI even had no connection on their website tying Bin Laden to 9/11. Are you aware of that? Or is that more "BS detection"?

Your attempt to try and discredit the source - Steele - is pathetic. John Sipher wrote a piece called The Smearing of Christopher Steele. Sipher happens to be a former CIA officer:
    Instead, as a career intelligence officer who worked on Russian espionage issues overseas, and in support of FBI counterintelligence investigations domestically, I will focus on the potential intelligence and counterintelligence issues surrounding the memo and its publication.

Funny, where in that article does he doubt Steele's authenticity? Where does he go on about style and grammar which in his expert opinion should raise doubts? Nowhere.

Nothing you say is credible or worthy of anything but derision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

He was a military intelligence officer who passed information to the British, thats makes him a British spy. If he was a Russian spy who exactly was he spying on? I suppose the fact that he is Russian does make him a Russian spy but then again the British gutter press never let facts get in the way of a good story.

Exactly he was imprisoned by the Russians for espionage up till 2010 and was handed back to the UK in 2010. Very little if anything is known what Skipral was doing for work since 2010 and he was a spy for the British. I not ruling out Russians are involved, but the Kremlin does not go after people they pardon. They had eight-year window to kill him if they wanted him dead. Was he involved in spy activities were other countries would want him dead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

cnocbui wrote: »

Funny, this expertise you have, given that in another thread you claimed Bin Laden had no involvement in 9/11 and yet I posted a video of him boasting about how he masterminded and organised it.

Did he say that? Was he only saying Bin Laden was the poster child for the 9/11 attacks? Anyone who has researched 9/11 knows Al Qaeda was funded by Saudi Arabian government since the mujahideen war against the Soviets. Saudi Arabia is the American staunchest ally in the Middle East. Do you honestly believe the Saudi intelligence services did not know what Bin Laden was planning before 9/11? Even 15 of those guys involved in the attacks are born in Saudi Arabia. Even the 9/11 commission report, talks about Saudi government officials meeting the 9/11 hijackers in America prior to the attacks. This part of the report from 2002 was classified till 2015, 13 years after the report was released to the general public ) and just long enough for the media to not care or investigate it. If the information came out in 2002 it would be the number one story worldwide for days and weeks.

And of course you have known many a Senior British intelligence officer and are intimately familiar with their 'style'.

Your attempt to try and discredit the source - Steele - is pathetic. John Sipher wrote a piece called The Smearing of Christopher Steele. Sipher happens to be a former CIA officer:

Funny, where in that article does he doubt Steele's authenticity? Where does he go on about style and grammar which in his expert opinion should raise doubts? Nowhere.

Got back to calling climate change a hoax, Mr Flat-earth.

This is priceless. You believe a faked video of Bin Laden but you call 3000 IPCC scientists liars.

Show me on the FBI website where it mentions that bin Laden had ANYTHING to do with 9/11. Don't give me some crappy fake video. Do you speak arabic? Are the Arabic words in the video corresponding with Bin Laden's lips?

The sham Bin Laden video that you are talking about I believe dates from December 2001.

On June 5, 2006, when asked why there is no reference to 9/11 on the FBI's Most Wanted Poster of Bin Laden, FBI spokesman, Chief of Investgative Policy, Rex Tomb said "The FBI has no hard evidence connecting Osama Bin Laden to 9/11"

So if the FBI isn't convinced by that taped confession, how come you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Putin is a prick but, this is the third time that Father Dougal's quote has been used in After Hours this week.

3 years ago is this week? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

You could hurt Putin far more by ejecting Russia from the SWIFT interbank payment system.

Why have one when both would be better :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement