Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

It's amazing the amount of crackpots on this thread who like Putin. A mass murderer, kills political opponents, journalists, invades countries, whataboutery spinner.

And such a snowflake. When he first came to power, there was a TV show on Russian TV which mocked all politicians, his little ego couldn't stand it, so he arrested the head of the TV network, told him to sign over the company or stay in jail. Corruption to the highest order. And no doubt you're all for freedom of speech, such hypocrisy if you're a fan of Putin and free speech, they're polar opposites.

Bans, intimidates or imprisons anyone who wants to protest against him or criticise him. Such morons on here. Brainwashed fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

pitifulgod wrote: »
    Tonnes of people who are critical of Russia are also critical of US foreign policy. Just specifically in this topic, people seem intent on diverting from Russia's behaviour... Eg you
    Personally I'm sick of the double standards in the media, if Israel extra judicially kills people around the world we don't have an issue. Putins crew killed a traitor and this might help keep Russians safe. I don't have a problem when US kills traitors either. But I'm guilty of being consistent, and a generally really bad man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

It's amazing the amount of crackpots on this thread who like Putin. A mass murderer, kills political opponents, journalists, invades countries, whataboutery spinner.

And such a snowflake. When he first came to power, there was a TV show on Russian TV which mocked all politicians, his little ego couldn't stand it, so he arrested the head of the TV network, told him to sign over the company or stay in jail. Corruption to the highest order. And no doubt you're all for freedom of speech, such hypocrisy if you're a fan of Putin and free speech, they're polar opposites.

Bans, intimidates or imprisons anyone who wants to protest against him or criticise him. Such morons on here. Brainwashed fools.

If he is this evil why have the Russian people not risen up against him? There lot of organised crime in Russia not all journalists are killed by Putin. Domestic politics ok Putin maybe is corrupt and Russian society is not as open as much we would like, but his foreign policy is fairly ok in my book.

I don't see the Russians trying to take over the world here far from it.
    Ukraine- Coup with Neo Fascists involved in the takeover.
    Syria- Russian airforce is bombing jihadists#
    Chehyna- Jihadists took over and declared all unbelievers will be wiped out.
    Georgia- Georgian army invaded the South Ossetian area to clear out separatists and Russian decided to enter the war on side of the separatists

If he is this evil why have the Russian people not risen up against him? There lot of organised crime in Russia not all journalists are killed by Putin. Domestic politics ok Putin maybe is corrupt and Russian society is not as open as much we would like, but his foreign policy is fairly ok in my book.

I don't see the Russians trying to take over the world here far from it.
    Ukraine- Coup with Neo Fascists involved in the takeover.
    Syria- Russian airforce is bombing jihadists#
    Chehyna- Jihadists took over and declared all unbelievers will be wiped out.
    Georgia- Georgian army invaded the South Ossetian area to clear out separatists and Russian decided to enter the war on side of the separatists

"If he is this evil why have the Russian people not risen up against him? "

Propaganda, ruling with an iron fist. Controlling the media, intimidation, killing political opponents journalists, jailing anyone who protests against, introducing laws which kill freedom of expression and speech. A dictator who quashes anyone with force once they oppose him. Fear. He stamps out anyone who tries to rise against him. You're very very naive.

"There lot of organised crime in Russia not all journalists are killed by Putin."

You admit he kills journalists and yet you still defend him. That's remarkable. You're not of sound mind. Says all I need to know about you.

You appreciate and defend a man who you openly admit kills journalists and say he isn't really evil because the Russians haven't risen against him completely ignoring he kills anyone who tries lol. Warped doesn't come close.

"If he is this evil why have the Russian people not risen up against him? "

Propaganda, ruling with an iron fist. Controlling the media, intimidation, killing political opponents journalists, jailing anyone who protests against, introducing laws which kill freedom of expression and speech. A dictator who quashes anyone with force once they oppose him. Fear. He stamps out anyone who tries to rise against him. You're very very naive.

"There lot of organised crime in Russia not all journalists are killed by Putin."

You admit he kills journalists and yet you still defend him. That's remarkable. You're not of sound mind. Says all I need to know about you.

You appreciate and defend a man who you openly admit kills journalists and say he isn't really evil because the Russians haven't risen against him completely ignoring he kills anyone who tries lol. Warped doesn't come close.

Leave this here for you to read and you can take it or leave what the guy said.
    http://seankerrigan.com/is-russia-the-freest-society-in-the-world/

• Advertisement

Leave this here for you to read and you can take it or leave what the guy said.
    http://seankerrigan.com/is-russia-the-freest-society-in-the-world/

So no rebuttal to what I said. No explanation of you supporting appreciating a man who you admit kills journalists. Just a dopey link because you have nothing to say to my points.

Anyway this place of full of mentalists. Keep appreciating and defending a man who you admit kills journalists. Insane. Slán

So no rebuttal to what I said. No explanation of you supporting appreciating a man who you admit kills journalists. Just a dopey link because you have nothing to say to my points.

Anyway this place of full of mentalists. Keep appreciating and defending a man who you admit kills journalists. Insane. Slán

Putin is only linked directly to these murders.
    Boris Nemtsov in 2015, journalist Anna Politkovskaya in 2006, and former intelligence officer Alexander Litvinenko also in 2006.

The last one was definitely a Putin killing, but he was not an innocent bystander.

There is no evidence ever put forward by anyone that shows Putin sanctioned the killing of a journalist. Can have your suspicion and I do, but some people are easily triggered when they hear a Russian journalist is killed 'oh that must be Putin work again.

And why I posted the link it has information that may surprise some people.

"Rumors that Russia regularly passes laws persecuting sexual minorities are wildly overstated by the west. Traditionally, Russia has been far more respectful of gay and lesbian behavior even dating back to the early gulags, where homosexual behavior was common and accepted. According to a thoroughly documented white paper by Brian Heiss, today you are statistically far more likely to be the victim of an anti-LGBT hate crime in the US than in Russia. In Russia you cannot be fired from your job for being an LGBT individual, while in the US you can. The US currently has 12 states in which gay sex is a crime, compared with Russia who declared it legal in 1993"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Boris Nemtsov in 2015, journalist Anna Politkovskaya in 2006, and former intelligence officer Alexander Litvinenko also in 2006.

The last one was definitely a Putin killing, but he was not an innocent bystander.

Your just repeating putinganda ,
    Traitor , traitor traitor over and over and crying about some victimisation of Russia and putin.

Hate crimes against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people in Russia have doubled in five years, researchers said on Tuesday, in the wake of a law banning "gay propaganda".

Murders accounted for almost 200 out of 250 crimes analyzed, the Center for Independent Social Research said, attributing the surge to Russia's 2013 ban on the spreading of "propaganda for non-traditional sexual relations" to minors.

"(Offenders) have become more aggressive and less fearful," said Svetlana Zakharova, a board member with Russian LGBT Network, the country's most prominent gay rights campaign group, which has noted the same trend.

"It seems to them that, to some extent, the government supports their actions. Many perpetrators openly talk about their crimes as noble deeds."

The police did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The number of sentences for crimes against LGBT people increased to 65 in 2015 from 18 in 2010, the St. Petersburg-based researchers said, drawing on court records and data from judicial watchdog RosPravosudie. Most victims were gay men.

Homosexuality in Russia, where the influence of the socially conservative Orthodox Church has grown in recent years, was a criminal offence until 1993 and classed as a mental illness until 1999.

Researchers said the figures are an underestimate as many hate crimes are not reported, investigated or prosecuted.

I'll leave the following words here -

PUSSY RIOT

Gatling wrote: »
    Your just repeating putinganda ,
    Traitor , traitor traitor over and over and crying about some victimisation of Russia and putin,

Two words -

PUSSY RIOT

A bunch of feminists dislike Putin, got upset and suddenly it's world news in the west. Feminist riots happens in the west all the time watch a Youtube video Gatling.

Gatling since it closer to home. Is Theresa May to blame for this?

Attacks on LGBT people surge almost 80% in UK over last four years
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/gay-lgbt-hate-crimes-stats-rise-four-year-physical-verbal-homophobic-abuse-community-a7933126.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Gatling since it closer to home. Is Theresa May to blame for this?

Attacks on LGBT people surge almost 80% in UK over last four years
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/gay-lgbt-hate-crimes-stats-rise-four-year-physical-verbal-homophobic-abuse-community-a7933126.html

Of course not... Putin is!!!

A bunch of feminists dislike Putin,

More excuses and nonsense .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

There is no evidence ever put forward by anyone that shows Putin sanctioned the killing of a journalist. Can have your suspicion and I do, but some people are easily triggered when they hear a Russian journalist is killed 'oh that must be Putin work again.

And why I posted the link it has information that may surprise some people.

"Rumors that Russia regularly passes laws persecuting sexual minorities are wildly overstated by the west. Traditionally, Russia has been far more respectful of gay and lesbian behavior even dating back to the early gulags, where homosexual behavior was common and accepted. According to a thoroughly documented white paper by Brian Heiss, today you are statistically far more likely to be the victim of an anti-LGBT hate crime in the US than in Russia. In Russia you cannot be fired from your job for being an LGBT individual, while in the US you can. The US currently has 12 states in which gay sex is a crime, compared with Russia who declared it legal in 1993"
    Russia is the third most dangerous place is the 3rd most dangerous place in the globe to be a journalist. A large proportion of those who are killed is for political reasons, the idea of free press is disappearing. If you dig up dirt on Putin or his allies, you're putting crosshairs on yourself.

Historically Russia has gone through phases where progressive occur. Diverting to the US is not discussing the issue. Most of us are pretty aware of homophobia in the US. Russia is an example where there laws are regressing in relation to gay people. This is backed up by human rights organisations across the globe(they highlight US violations too btw so not run by the CIA as you're likely to claim) In Russia at this point in time, a Pride rally is actively breaking the law.

Eg last year Evdokia Romanova was found guilty of promoting propaganda. You're not gonna end up being fined in the US for doing the below. So yep, that strikes me as pushing to drive a community underground.
    Evdokia Romanova was today found guilty of the administrative offence of “propaganda of non-traditional sexual relationships among minors using the Internet” and fined 50,000 roubles (USD $870) by a court in Samara. The accusations against her related to links she shared on Facebook in 2015 and 2016, including a Guardian story on Ireland’s same sex marriage referendum and a Buzzfeed article about an LGBTI exhibition in St Petersburg.
    https://www.amnesty.org/en/press-releases/2017/10/russia-homophobic-legislation-used-to-persecute-activist-who-shared-lgbti-articles-on-facebook/

Pride rallies tend to draw violence in general where the police do feck all. But it's a great place for gay people according to you. That is utter rubbish, certain places in Russia are better than others however it is very much so an unwelcoming country in terms of growing up gay.
    We’ve created a map, too, in which the geographical spread of this violence is clearly visible — from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok, LGBT people in Russia are being beaten, humiliated, robbed, and murdered. Of course, newspapers and magazines are a genre unto themselves — they don’t record everything, just those events considered “worthy of publication”. That’s why nearly half of the points shown on this map are murders — tragedies which provincial and federal newspapers have to sit up and notice. Between 2011 and 2016, homophobes murdered at least 149 people across Russia. Going by media reports, gay men are the most frequent victims of all these crimes — in 2011 alone, the victims we know of include 47 gay men, nine lesbians and two transgender people.
    https://www.opendemocracy.net/od-russia/alexander-kondakov/putting-russia-s-homophobic-violence-on-map
    A bunch of feminists dislike Putin, got upset and suddenly it's world news in the west. Feminist riots happens in the west all the time watch a Youtube video Gatling.

The treatment of Pussy Riot is actually the ultra conservative route Putin tends to go down. The Orthodox Church is pretty close to the Russian government hence the aforementioned homophobic laws and the reaction to Pussy Riot. You're intent on diminishing anything that happens in Russia, you think your mind is free of propaganda but you haven't bothered to familiarise yourself with anything. It's like that thread you had on North Korea, you have an image in your head and don't seem to want to absorb all the facts that simply don't match your vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

The fawning over Putin is pathetic and scary in equal measure.

Stick on BBC2 lads for the laugh....Putin:The New Tsar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭indioblack

Personally I'm sick of the double standards in the media, if Israel extra judicially kills people around the world we don't have an issue. Putins crew killed a traitor and this might help keep Russians safe. I don't have a problem when US kills traitors either. But I'm guilty of being consistent, and a generally really bad man.
    I don't know if Putin is directly responsible for what happened in Salisbury.
    Nor can I tell if it will keep people in Russia safe.
    You say you have no problem with traitors being killed.
    You might if you were in the vicinity of this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Assad is a safe choice? A man who has used Chlorine and Sarin against his own people?

Since when is that a safe choice?

There is zero proof that Assad ever used chemical weapons against his own people and it would be extremely self-defeating for him to do so. I suggest you find a more reliable news source than CNN, RTE, BBC etc.
    Putin is a prick pure and simple

Great contribution to the thread. We're all extremely grateful for your valuable insight.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

el diablo wrote: »
    There is zero proof that Assad ever used chemical weapons against his own people and it would be extremely self-defeating for him to do so. I suggest you find a more reliable news source than CNN, RTE, BBC etc.
    The news sources you mentioned get all their information from jihadist terrorists as there are no journalists operating in areas where Sharia law has been forced on the population. Most people don't realise when they listen to RTE that they are being subjected to the propaganda of jihadist murdering gangs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

The news sources you mentioned get all their information from jihadist terrorists as there are no journalists operating in areas where Sharia law has been forced on the population. Most people don't realise when they listen to RTE that they are being subjected to the propaganda of jihadist murdering gangs.

So true. The vast majority of posters here are completely blind to this fact though. Brainwashed and indoctrinated by endless consumption of the
    corrupt mainstream media.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Russia is the third most dangerous place is the 3rd most dangerous place in the globe to be a journalist. A large proportion of those who are killed is for political reasons, the idea of free press is disappearing. If you dig up dirt on Putin or his allies, you're putting crosshairs on yourself.

Historically Russia has gone through phases where progressive occur. Diverting to the US is not discussing the issue. Most of us are pretty aware of homophobia in the US. Russia is an example where there laws are regressing in relation to gay people. This is backed up by human rights organisations across the globe(they highlight US violations too btw so not run by the CIA as you're likely to claim) In Russia at this point in time, a Pride rally is actively breaking the law.

Eg last year Evdokia Romanova was found guilty of promoting propaganda. You're not gonna end up being fined in the US for doing the below. So yep, that strikes me as pushing to drive a community underground.

Pride rallies tend to draw violence in general where the police do feck all. But it's a great place for gay people according to you. That is utter rubbish, certain places in Russia are better than others however it is very much so an unwelcoming country in terms of growing up gay.

The treatment of Pussy Riot is actually the ultra conservative route Putin tends to go down. The Orthodox Church is pretty close to the Russian government hence the aforementioned homophobic laws and the reaction to Pussy Riot. You're intent on diminishing anything that happens in Russia, you think your mind is free of propaganda but you haven't bothered to familiarise yourself with anything. It's like that thread you had on North Korea, you have an image in your head and don't seem to want to absorb all the facts that simply don't match your vision.

Maybe in 50 or 100 years when Putin has gone from power, there will be evidence released proving of what you're saying? Right now what you believe is all just speculation and rumour in the western press and media. If Putin methodically ordering the killing of people who disagree with him that likely will come out in time, don't you think? By the way, I am not opposed to this speculation, it well does not surprise me if it was true.

Where I draw a line is people on here thinking Putin is planning to take over the world. Putin wars, in my opinion, are more beneficial to stopping the spread of Islamic terrorism worldwide. You might not like what I say but I see America has a hand in allowing these jihadists to spread their ideology and its allies with the worst terrorist state on the planet ( Saudi Arabia) Al Qaeda and Isis did not just appear out of nowhere.

Russian people are known to be homophobic and I don't know enough to go in-depth why that is but the polls taken in Russia have shown the majority of the population is happy with the Russian law banning gay media. Russia does not ban gay people from practising theirs sexually in private.Of course, it not nice people who are gay or transgender can't walk down the street in peace, but this, not just a Russian problem it's a worldwide problem.

• Advertisement

Okay so state enforced homophobia is all good? Firstly, it's a human rights violation. State treatment of Jewish and other minorities in Germany was publicly supported too Cheerful.... So that was initially all fine too?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Great contribution to the thread. We're all extremely grateful for your valuable insight.

You are an unconscionable liar.
    THE HAGUE (Reuters) - The Syrian government’s chemical weapons stockpile has been linked for the first time by laboratory tests to the largest sarin nerve agent attack of the civil war, diplomats and scientists told Reuters, supporting Western claims that government forces under President Bashar al-Assad were behind the atrocity.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-syria-crisis-chemicalweapons-exclusiv/exclusive-tests-link-syrian-government-stockpile-to-largest-sarin-attack-sources-idUSKBN1FJ0MG

Mod-Banned

Okay so state enforced homophobia is all good? Firstly, it's a human rights violation. State treatment of Jewish and other minorities in Germany was publicly supported too Cheerful.... So that was initially all fine too?

An enforced ban would be stopping gay marriage and not allowing people to do what they want sexually in private. Some American states you can not marry if you're a gay man or lesbian women. Where is your outrage there? I not saying it right what Russia did, but they're not the worst country on earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

So true. The vast majority of posters here are completely blind to this fact though. Brainwashed and indoctrinated by endless consumption of the
    corrupt mainstream media.

Brainwashed? Project much?
    You probably think North Korea is a socialist paradise.

BBC doc on now is well worth a watch, plenty of Putin former cabinet members: advisors and opponents being interviewed. Can't understand stand why anyone here looks up to someone like Putin, he's vile.

Stick on BBC2 lads for the laugh....Putin:The New Tsar

Twas a great piece of propaganda passed off as unbiased that the sheep will lap up.
    Putin is the devil he's planning on taking over the world to feed his ego!!!

An enforced ban would be stopping gay marriage and not allowing people to do what they want sexually in private. Some American states you can not marry if you're a gay man or lesbian women. Where is your outrage there? I not saying it right what Russia did, but they're not the worst country on earth.

DOMA was struck down, gay people can marry in any state. You're about two years out of sync. I never referred to a ban, I was referring to homophobic laws. Sharing articles about the marriage referendum was part of a justification to fine a person for propaganda.... You have all your conspiracies but when you actually hit Orwell territory, you ignore it and say "sure, they're not the worst"...

Twas a great piece of propaganda passed off as unbiased that the sheep will lap up.

Unlike others who lap up bare back riding putin ,

DOMA was struck down, gay people can marry in any state. You're about two years out of sync. I never referred to a ban, I was referring to homophobic laws. Sharing articles about the marriage referendum was part of a justification to fine a person for propaganda.... You have all your conspiracies but when you actually hit Orwell territory, you ignore it and say "sure, they're not the worst"...

States who had the ban in place are not happy and often times don't enforce the ruling and are trying to keep the ban. So who worse Russia?
    https://mic.com/articles/147670/is-same-sex-marriage-legal-in-all-states#.1fB2rdQky

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/north-carolina-lawmakers-introduce-bill-ban-same-sex-marriage-n745606

Gatling wrote: »
    Unlike others who lap up bare back riding putin ,

No they're a different side of the same sheep coin.
    You're on one side they're on the other.

• Advertisement

milehip wrote: »
    Brainwashed? Project much?
    You probably think North Korea is a socialist paradise.

BBC doc on now is well worth a watch, plenty of Putin former cabinet members: advisors and opponents being interviewed. Can't understand stand why anyone here looks up to someone like Putin, he's vile.

I watch it can you get it on Youtube or somewhere else?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement