Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,411 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Don't believe the 24/7 anti Russia propaganda from our spineless media. Read this link and see what's being deliberately hidden from the masses.

https://off-guardian.org/2018/01/17/russian-election-2018-why-navalny-with-2-support-a-criminal-conviction-is-the-wests-only-opposition-to-putin/

If i wanted to run in an irish election the government would not stop me. Can a russian person say the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

Page 1 of this thread is superb

The last few pages are PUTIN me on a downer!

Hahahahahahahahhajahahaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

pitifulgod wrote: »
    You're clearly not intent on having any discussion. Same sex marriage is not banned in Texas. There's significant issues in relation to discrimination, I haven't denied that. It includes marriage benefits being restricted which is a genuine issues however marriage licenses are only being prevented in 9 counties across two states. Your article is 12 months old, they are not going to overrule the supreme court decision which applies to all states.

Putin brought in that policy because of his relationship with the orthodox church. He is part of the problem and you're pretty ignorant to assume otherwise. If regressive laws come in while you're leader, it's your responsibility, that's the reality. I'm not engaging with you any further. You've minimised everything and tried to pretend that Putin is an innocent saint.

I don't think same-sex couples have more freedom because of the ruling. Texas is still opposed to it too and is actively challenging the ruling since 2015. Cutting benefits for same-sex married couples and this fairly recent proves the people in Texas have not changed their minds on this issue.

Sure the Orthodox Church has a relationship with Putin and Putin has strong Christen values, but he can't pass laws the Russian people dislike. Russian people were more accepting of gays in society Putin would have the hard time selling the law. The Russian people the majority of them support the gay law. If Irish society was homophobic would be impossible to pass any referendum on gay rights who would you blame then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Gatling wrote: »
    You mean the only opposition that was allowed to run as chosen by putins own party.
    Really? I'm sure you heard that "somewhere".
    I'm sure you didn't bother to read the link but if you did you would have seen the name Zhirinovsky. If this guy was elected there would be real Russian troops in Ukraine and not imaginary ones. If the Communists were elected Kiev would look like Stalingrad!
    I deleted part of your post because I haven't a clue what you're talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'm sure you didn't bother to read the link but if you did you would have seen the name Zhirinovsky. If this guy was elected there would be real Russian troops in Ukraine and not imaginary ones. If the Communists were elected Kiev would look like Stalingrad!

There is real russian troops and their equipment in Ukraine definitely not imaginative ones ,
    Don't think Kiev would resemble Stalingrad they got rid of the Communists fairly easy ,

I asked if you believed banning anything gay protects any children,
    And if the children are gay what then,

It's a simple question really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Dinarius wrote: »
    Russia is not in good shape economically.

Stirring the proverbial abroad makes Putin look strong at home. It’s a distraction.

But, if anyone is in any doubt about his morality, consider the forthcoming sham he’s managed to make the presidential election in Russia. It’s truly a joke.

Thankfully our (flawed) brand of democracy is a lot better than that.

D.

Well here maybe, as you say not flawless but mostly better than Russia. I'm a bit worried about collusion between the state and police, (Commr is a political appointee) and we've we've seen a few instances of harassment of politicians the state doesn't like. RTE also has no problem carrying the governments water. It was (officially) setup to do just that, and they get us to pay for it :-)
    UK has decent enough checks and balances. Looking at US where Hilary Clinton and Trump were the answer to the question posed... i think everyone here can agree that's not an ideal situation.
    I forgive Russia a lot of failings due to it's turbulent history, in some ways we have the same problem, not really used to self governance and it's responsibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭kooper

Jeez, man, are you kidding? Zhirinovsky is a court clown, he can talk a lot, but with 0 action.
    Imaginary one, really, after 4 years of conflict, after a lot of publications with Russian soldiers personal data and photo and video proves of their presence in Ukraine, videos with captured Russian soldiers, you still saying that those troops imaginary, cmon you can do better :)...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

RTE also has no problem carrying the governments water. It was (officially) setup to do just that, and they get us to pay for it :-)
    UK has decent enough checks and balances.

1. Agree on RTÉ.

2. Strongly disagree re UK. Their first-past-the-post system is, arguably, one of the least democratic in the EU. 40-42% of the vote will usually result in a landslide majority. It is very akin to the two-party, self-perpetuating oligarchy which exists in the USA.

3. As for checks and balances; the sheer contempt with which the Tories treated the findings of the Leveson enquiry, their refusal to implement any of them, and their confirmation two weeks ago that there will be no second Leveson enquiry shows what an appalling state the Press and accountability are in in the UK.

But, we’re no saints either. The last year has shown that we have a police force which, in terms of its efficiency and accountability, resembles something from South America circa 1980, only without as many guns. The most frightening part of it all is that the powers that be seem unable, or worse, unwilling to do anything about it.

Whatever they might be up to, I’m guessing the police in Russia are more accountable to the organs of the state there than our lot are here.

D.

kooper wrote: »
    Jeez, man, are you kidding? Zhirinovsky is a court clown, he can talk a lot, but with 0 action.
    Imaginary one, really, after 4 years of conflict, after a lot of publications with Russian soldiers personal data and photo and video proves of their presence in Ukraine, videos with captured Russian soldiers, you still saying that those troops imaginary, cmon you can do better :)...
    They said Hitler was a clown too, he even looked like Charlie Chaplin!
    There was nobody to stop him, at least Russia has a strong leader to keep this extreme nationalist "clown" in check ........ and the Communists too.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭kooper

They said Hitler was a clown too, he even looked like Charlie Chaplin!
    There was nobody to stop him, at least Russia has a strong leader to keep this extreme nationalist "clown" in check ........ and the Communists too.

Communists? Putin is one of them(KGB)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Are we supposed to feel sorry for the spy who was poisoned in Britain? If you are a traitor to your nation why shouldn't you expect death?

And his family, in particular his daughter, the police officer and several other people who had to be treated?

What of them, did they deserve what they got?

cnocbui wrote: »
    And his family, in particular his daughter, the police officer and several other people who had to be treated?

What of them, did they deserve what they got?

And hundreds of people directly exposed to chemical nerve agent and and poisonous pullonium in two separate attacks ,
    War crimes

War crimes
    So, when is the trial?

So,

So You're saying the deliberate poisoning and exposing the general public of a foreign country to nerve and nuclear radiation isn't a crime of any sort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

NATO has no problem hitting Weddings, funerals (i.e. bombing a funeral and also the funeral for the victim of bombing the first funeral)
    UK has operated death squads against Irish people... they should crow loudly now?
    Actually Putin should launch a helicopter raid with 10-th of armed paratroopers, who would assassinate the traitor and all his family members! That's a democratic way of killing your enemy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Osama_bin_Laden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Well Looks like America is looking for an excuse to attack Syria. Will Russia and Iran not intervene? So they are willing to go it alone if the UN does not adopt a 30-day ceasefire. What the targets if they decide to intervene? Will they limit action to just the area around Ghouta?

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley warned on Monday that Washington “remains prepared to act if we must,” if the U.N. Security Council fails to act on Syria, as the Syrian army’s onslaught in eastern Ghouta continued unabated.

Haley told the 15-member Security Council. “When the international community consistently fails to act, there are times when states are compelled to take their own action.”

The United States asked the Security Council to demand an immediate 30-day ceasefire in Damascus and rebel-held eastern Ghouta, where Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s forces, backed by Russia and Iran, say they are targeting “terrorist” groups which are shelling the capital.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria/u-s-warns-it-may-act-on-syria-as-onslaught-against-ghouta-grinds-on-idUSKCN1GO284

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Well Looks like America is looking for an excuse to attack Syria. Will Russia and Iran not intervene? So they are willing to go it alone if the UN does not adopt a 30-day ceasefire. What the targets if they decide to intervene? Will they limit action to just the area around Ghouta?

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley warned on Monday that Washington “remains prepared to act if we must,” if the U.N. Security Council fails to act on Syria, as the Syrian army’s onslaught in eastern Ghouta continued unabated.

Haley told the 15-member Security Council. “When the international community consistently fails to act, there are times when states are compelled to take their own action.”

The United States asked the Security Council to demand an immediate 30-day ceasefire in Damascus and rebel-held eastern Ghouta, where Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s forces, backed by Russia and Iran, say they are targeting “terrorist” groups which are shelling the capital.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria/u-s-warns-it-may-act-on-syria-as-onslaught-against-ghouta-grinds-on-idUSKCN1GO284

They're some chancers...they did SFA for 4 years

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I see the deflection brigade are out in numbers. Looks like the Brits are ramping things up after this chemical warfare attack on their soil. It's going to be interesting to see what they are going to do against the Novofuhrer and his regime?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

So You're saying the deliberate poisoning and exposing the general public of a foreign country to nerve and nuclear radiation isn't a crime of any sort

State sponsored terrorism

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Nah, they aren't looking, they already have it, namely proof of the use of chemical weapons. If they US does react, hopefully it will be with cruise missiles aimed at Assad personally. What brilliant coup that would be - offing Assad while he's under Russian 'protection'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭muppetshow1451

He knows how to take care of his opponents in old sovietunion style.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,914 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

gandalf wrote: »
    I see the deflection brigade are out in numbers. Looks like the Brits are ramping things up after this chemical warfare attack on their soil. It's going to be interesting to see what they are going to do against the Novofuhrer and his regime?

Regarding the deflectors, it's very simple, they personify and fanatically hate country X (yes I admit I used to be one of them a long while back) so they feel the need to blindly defend the opposing country Y. Hence all the deflection, e.g. an administration has potentially been involved in a foreign plot? they'll dredge up an incident involving two entirely different administrations from completely different countries that happened decades before they were born. Point out that it's blatant whataboutery? you're clearly an agent or supporter of country X.

Moving on from the whataboutery, not sure if it's been posted yet but Russian news has been reacting in interesting ways (from last week)
    For days, Russia's main national TV channels were practically silent on the attempt to kill former spy Sergei Skripal with a nerve agent, but this changed in Wednesday's main evening bulletins.

The comment by Kirill Kleimenov - the presenter on government-controlled Channel One's flagship Vremya news programme - sounded like a veiled, mocking threat to anyone considering becoming a double agent for Britain.

"I don't wish death on anyone, but for purely educational purposes, I have a warning for anyone who dreams of such a career," he said.

"The profession of a traitor is one of the most dangerous in the world," Kleimenov said, adding that few who had chosen it had lived to a ripe old age.
    He also had a second piece of advice for such "traitors or those who simply hate their country in their free time": "Don't choose Britain as a place to live."
    "Something is wrong there. Maybe it's the climate, but in recent years there have been too many strange incidents with grave outcomes there."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43330498

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Regarding the deflectors, it's very simple, they personify and fanatically hate country X (yes I admit I used to be one of them a long while back) so they feel the need to blindly defend the opposing country Y. Hence all the deflection, e.g. an administration has potentially been involved in a foreign plot? they'll dredge up an incident involving two entirely different administrations from completely different countries that happened decades before they were born. Point out that it's blatant whataboutery? you're clearly an agent or supporter of country X.

Moving on from the whataboutery, not sure if it's been posted yet but Russian news has been reacting in interesting ways (from last week)

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43330498

They essentially publicly announced they did this and past assinations and got away with it

England soccer team is ready for WC 2018
    DYASTMLW0_AAr5m9_1.jpg

na1 wrote: »
    England soccer team is ready for WC 2018
    Was that pic taken in Salisbury or is it from some ridiculous science fiction B movie?

Whats the difference anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Playing devil's advocate....

1. If you wanted to kill someone, would you make it so screamingly obvious that it might be you (i.e. Russia) by using a nerve agent that you are known to possess or be an expert in? Or would you take him out using a standard, untraceable method - gun sourced in UK, knife, strangulation, whatever...?

2. If you really wanted the PR, yes, you would use a chemical nerve agent you were known to possess. But, did Vlad need the publicity? Makes him look macho in the run in to the election, perhaps?

3. If you wanted to frame someone, would you (e.g. MI5/MI6) use a chemical nerve agent known to be associated with an enemy, to take out someone they themselves would like to see dead? You might well do.

4. ....anything else?

Whatever the truth of what has happened in Salisbury, it has all the hallmarks of bad James Bond.

D.

Dinarius wrote: »
    Playing devil's advocate....

1. If you wanted to kill someone, would you make it so screamingly obvious that it might be you (i.e. Russia) by using a nerve agent that you are known to possess or be an expert in? Or would you take him out using a standard, untraceable method - gun sourced in UK, knife, strangulation, whatever...?

2. If you really wanted the PR, yes, you would use a chemical nerve agent you were known to possess. But, did Vlad need the publicity? Makes him look macho in the run in to the election, perhaps?

3. If you wanted to frame someone, would you (e.g. MI5/MI6) use a chemical nerve agent known to be associated with an enemy, to take out someone they themselves would like to see dead? You might well do.

4. ....anything else?

Whatever the truth of what has happened in Salisbury, it has all the hallmarks of bad James Bond.

D.

options 1 and 2. Having watched some members of the russian public being interviewed this has played really well with them. They were all applauding the murder of a traitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Putin has silenced his opposition by all means, he is not someone to be idolised

options 1 and 2.  Having watched some members of the russian public being interviewed this has played really well with them.  They were all applauding the murder of a traitor.

The murder? Do you have some news we didn't know?

• Advertisement

na1 wrote: »
    The murder? Do you have some news we didn't know?

attempted murder then. the point still stands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement