Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl hiking gear this week.

Options
  • 19-02-2015 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭

I going to be doing one or 2 big hikes this year. I've already purchased good boots, but would like to keep costs down. Lidl have some hiking gear in this week, might pick up the Crivit hiking Trousers. Anyone used them before, and if so how good are they?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Link to the Lidl trekking trousers.
    At €12.99, even if they are not very water repellent, you won't have lost much.

If you have decent waterproofs and boots, your other gear does not necessarily have to be expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

I got the walking sticks and hiking pants when they did them last year.

The walking poles are great for the price, worth buying - as solid and comfy as a mate's branded pole I once borrowed on a hike. Worth buying.

The hiking pants are great for the price, worth buying - stretch material, lightweight, quick-drying (not water-repellent, but I guess you could wash in a DWR treatment), comfy, though quite a loose fit. They can be cool in windy conditions, and the velcro used to seal the pockets is crap. I "upgraded" to Craghoppers Kiwi Pro Stretch pants once I got working again, and I now use the Lidl pants for doing DIY-type stuff.

Mark

Advertisement