Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling to CEX

Options
  • 19-02-2015 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

Thinking of selling my xbox one to CEX. Any have any experience hassle/time wise with doing so?

Are they likely to honour the online price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

I have sold games to them loads of times and they always give you the price they have on the website,its what they go by. They only once didn't take a game because they had too many copies of it but besides that I've never had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

would you not put it up on adverts.ie and I'm sure you would get more for it there?

edit: ah! just saw your location

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Skerries wrote: »
    would you not put it up on adverts.ie and I'm sure you would get more for it there?

edit: ah! just saw your location

My location is actually game related :o

I've just put it up but id be surprised if someone offered 290, CEX price is pretty decent.

Do you have any experience in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

They'll give you the online price is it's in perfect shape, they might knock a tenner or so off it not. Also, make sure you bring in everything that's meant to come with it, right down to the hdmi lead

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah CEX offer ridiculous prices, really no idea how they maintain business when buying at that price and trying to sell for almost retail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Well I went yesterday. I got asked if it was used since it was in good condition with the plastic still on parts. I was then offered 240 for it.

Will be way better off selling it on adverts it seems.

Advertisement