Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contiki Tours

• 19-02-2015 12:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm thinking of joining a Contiki tour this summer to Greece. Has anyone here ever done this or had any experiece of Contiki? I'd be interested in your stories!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Are these the party/drinking tours? I think I've heard of them, but never been on them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 369 ✭✭walkingshadow

anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Hadn't heard of it before but it seems like a very expensive and old-fashioned way of doing the whole island hopping thing.

At 1500 a head I'd be amazed if you couldn't organise it yourself for about half that.

I'm really in two minds about doing the island hopping with them or doing it alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Might take a lot of the adventure out of it going on an organised tour ya know? I've always wanted to do it sometime but I kind of imagined picking another island when you want and just finding somewhere to stay when you get there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

The thing that most turns me off any organised trip is the question "what if I dont get on with the people I am on the trip with?"

That would be my worst nightmare. I only ever went on one group tour and that was because I had to (Galapagos islands - you can't travel independently) I was actually very lucky - the people were lovely. But 10 of us on a boat out at sea for a week - it could have been disastrous.

This may be controversial, but in my case I believe that if you are paying the amount we did to do one week on the Galapagos then you obviously really want to see the wildlife etc.. but, an island hopping tour of Greece? There's a very good chance that you will get people who just want to be blind drunk 100% of the time. But if that is the kind of thing you are going for, then maybe the group trip is better than going alone.

It depends on your interests/expectations for the trip

Hi all,
    Posted a thread about this a while back but didn't get much of a response, so trying again- has anyone here ever gone on a Contiki tour? I'm 29 single and thinking about it, just wondering if anyone here has any experiences of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Contiki is usually full of Aussies/Kiwis. So you will be witha large group

Alot of [EMAIL="sh@gging"]sh@gging[/EMAIL] goes on within the group from my mates that have been on them! They serve a purpose and you are paying a little premium. Good if you are travelling alone

Advertisement