Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blush recommendations for a redhead

Options
  • 19-02-2015 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone :)

I've been thinking of starting to use a blush, as I'm a bit worried that my make up looks a bit "much" without it, especially when I use a high coverage foundation.

Thing is, I have absolutely no idea what kind of one would suit me! And I'm still a little confused after doing some googling. So I was hoping I could get some advice here. My hair is quite a dark red, and I'm quite pale. My skin is pink toned. I'd also like to start with a high street brand until I get the hang of applying it properly and all that.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I'm a fellow redhead! Sleek have a lovely blusher, life's a peach, it's an orangy peach matte and really easy to apply and control the colour!
    Pale pinks should also suit your colouring, you can't go wrong with bourjois blushers when your starting out.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I like some of Benefit's blushers like SugarBomb and majorette which are perfect for a pale complexion. For a budget alternative NYC have some lovely blush creme sticks for €3.50. I also have pink toned skin too and usually stay away from pink blushers. I find peach & coral colours more flattering. Bourjois also do a range of cream blushers which are quite good, shade 01 & 02 I'd recommend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

I love peach melba from boots natural collection. It gives a lovely pop of colour. it's cheap as chips too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Another redhead (well, more grey than red! :D )

Agree with all the above recs, also sleek rose gold is lovely.

And you can't go wrong with bourjois blushes. They do cream and powder blushes and are cheap as chips!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Thanks so much everyone! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

a peachy colour is best for us redheads apparently! I have a lovely one from Lancome I got ages ago, although I find its a bit too shimmery for daywear, its better for a more dressed up look, so I'm trying to find one for day. I need something that's not expensive though, I would love the Benefit one, but its a bit pricey for me at the moment!

I got a NYC cheek glow, but its way too light and have to build it up for ages to even notice it!

Advertisement