Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verified by Visa

Options
  • 19-02-2015 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Guys,

I have never to my knowledge set up this service for my card and I have no wish to use it, how do I get around this as other providers (such as AIB) allow you to skip the verification step. 

Its a pain and is stopping me useing my card online to the exstent I am considering moveing back to another bank.

Regards
    Jack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I only ever it seemed had to use this service when ordering pizza online from Dominos, 

I'd set up the 'password' and 7 months later when I needed to use it again, would forget what I set the password as!!

pain in the hoop at the best of times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

jamjam42 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have never to my knowledge set up this service for my card and I have no wish to use it, how do I get around this as other providers (such as AIB) allow you to skip the verification step. 

Its a pain and is stopping me useing my card online to the exstent I am considering moveing back to another bank.

Regards
    Jack
    Hi Jack,

Many thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Verified by Visa is an added security feature put in place to protect customers shopping online. As such, it is not possible to opt out of it.

If you have forgotten or locked your password, please call 0818 365 365 / 353 1 4044000 and select option 3.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jamjam42

I only ever it seemed had to use this service when ordering pizza online from Dominos, 

I'd set up the 'password' and 7 months later when I needed to use it again, would forget what I set the password as!!

pain in the hoop at the best of times!

Complete pain!!! If they want to secure it use an actual secure system like PayPal!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jamjam42

Hi Jack,

Verified by Visa is an added security feature put in place to protect customers shopping online. As such, it is not possible to opt out of it.

If you have forgotten or locked your password, please call 0818 365 365 / 353 1 4044000 and select option 3.

Thanks

Billy

Right so, well you can bypass it with AIB so I think I will move my banking back to them.

Thanks for the response Billy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Hi Jack,

Thanks

Billy

Right so, well you can bypass it with AIB so I think I will move my banking back to them.

AIB use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭wally79

Hi Jack,

Thanks

Billy

Can you bypass it with AIB. I know my password but my OH is always forgetting. Never saw an option to bypass

• Registered Users Posts: 40 AON2014

9bred4 wrote: »
    Hi Jack,

Thanks

Billy

AIB use it.
    Totally agree this is an awful 'service'. The only thing it provides is endless frustration and annoyance when you try to use your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

AON2014 wrote: »
    Totally agree this is an awful 'service'. The only thing it provides is endless frustration and annoyance when you try to use your card.

Especially when your on a ticket website, and you've only 2 minutes to complete the transaction or you lose your tickets..

Advertisement