Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pool in Ballyogan?

Options
  • 19-02-2015 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows when the new pool in Ballyogan (Samuel Beckett Civic Campus) is going to open? I drove past the other day and it still looks a long way from being finished so I guess it will be a while, but does anyone have an estimated date?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I'm not sure if the pool is actually included in phase 1. It's hard to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

ted1 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if the pool is actually included in phase 1. It's hard to tell.

Oh really? Meh, was looking forward to it. :( Hopefully it will be built eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

miezekatze wrote: »
    Oh really? Meh, was looking forward to it. :( Hopefully it will be built eventually.

I may be wrong, the planning doesn't mention pool but some engineering sites do

• Registered Users Posts: 25,441 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The pool is in Ballyogan phase II, see this article regarding the closure of Glenalbyn swimming pool where the DLR co co director of services mentioned the Ballyogan pool....

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/stillorgan-s-ageing-population-could-scupper-pool-plans-1.2097422

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

coylemj wrote: »
    The pool is in Ballyogan phase II, see this article regarding the closure of Glenalbyn swimming pool where the DLR co co director of services mentioned the Ballyogan pool....

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/stillorgan-s-ageing-population-could-scupper-pool-plans-1.2097422

Thanks for that, I guess I'll be waiting a long time then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,441 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

miezekatze wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I guess I'll be waiting a long time then!

If they divert the money from Glenalbyn, it might happen a lot sooner. The point implied in that article is that there is a preference to spend money on swimming pools in areas with a younger population.

When the director of DLR services said that the demographics (in the Stillorgan area) were 'not great', it sounded to me like he was sending a signal that Glenalbyn may not get the €10 million that's currently set aside to repair the pool in which case Ballyogan Phase II may get a quick start.

Advertisement