Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on neighbours dog poop!

• 19-02-2015 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I've just moved into a new estate, the neighbours right across the road have two big dogs. They bring them out several times a day to poo on the grass areas of the road, especially outside my house. They have a front garden and a back garden. I have three young children and theres lots of other kids on the road. What can I do about it???

Just to make it clear they dont pick up after the dogs at all hence the problem!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

Tell the dog warden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'd agree with telling the Dog Warden. We have 4 seperate sets of neighbours who all let their dogs out to poop on the green areas, thankfully we don't have kids. It's disgusting and I don't know how the dogs don't end up covered in poo eventually since none of the owners ever cleans it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

I recently had the same problem with the local residents association chairperson, made even more infuriating by the fact that she sent around 2 letters last year telling people to pick up after their dogs! I came home from work amd stepped in her dogs crap in my garden, my other half saw him do it earlier that day and he was still out So i decided to call down. On the way down he did it in another neighbours garden while i was watching!!

I told her to keep her dog in and she went straight on the defensive trying to talk down to me so i was nice and polite as i knew this would piss her off and i got her to pick up all the crap with her tea towel haha.

Needless to say the dog hasn't "escaped", as she put it, since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I don't think I'd be able to resist bagging the poo and handing it to them lol!! :pac: If you catch the dog doing it in the act tie the bag to their collar - I did that one time in our park hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Post an anonamous letter asking them to clean up.
    If that dosnt work, try the warden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Tell the warden, I know of a person who always picks up after her own dog so always carries bags with her, one day she seen a man let his dog s**t on the footpath and just kept walking when the dog finished, needless to say she pick it up followed the man home waited till he got inside his house knocked his door threw the bag at him and told next time to pick up after his dog. I'm sick and tired of constantly having to avoid dog s**t on the footpath and telling my children watch were you are walking and nothing being done.

Advertisement