Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

I did 176 mph two up, on a blade.

• 19-02-2015 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭

How fast have you gone? I've also come back from wexford on a TL 1ooo but couldn't look at the clocks, for reasons I'm sure you'll understand.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭mister gullible

Got me '75 Landrover up to about 55. It's not a motor bike but it's just as windy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Got me '75 Landrover up to about 55. It's not a motor bike but it's just as windy.
    hah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

A mere 130mph. Clocks were probably off so more like 120. Kawasaki ER6F.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I got am old Landrover up to 60, but that was down hill in neutral.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 bm69

How fast have you gone? I've also come back from wexford on a TL 1ooo but couldn't look at the clocks, for reasons I'm sure you'll understand.

Worst statement Ive ever read on boards. You obviously wouldnt drive nails if you couldnt manage to look at your clocks during a spin.
    I got 177mph out of a pimped out nifty fifty on the m50. Mad bastard I am.

• Advertisement

bm69 wrote: »
    Worst statement Ive ever read on boards. You obviously wouldnt drive nails if you couldnt manage to look at your clocks during a spin.

White lining makes you not look at the clocks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

White lining makes you not look at the clocks :)

White lining?!? It would give you an false sense of confidence, I suppose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

bm69 wrote: »

You obviously don't read through AH threads then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Ticket to ride, white line highway
    Tell all your friends, they can go my way
    Pay your toll, sell your soul
    Pound for pound costs more than gold
    The longer you stay, the more you pay
    My white lines go a long way
    Either up your nose or through your vein
    With nothin to gain except killin' your brain...

:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Lashing a Bike around Mondello, way more fun...touching 150mph on the straights.

You be dead soon if you drive like that on a public road., smallest mistake from another road user and it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I must be old, I don't push it anymore. Maybe having kids makes you slow down?
    I get as much fun watching my kids ride around in the field enjoying themselves these days.
    Picked up a Trials bike to use around the house but still have a tourer and a thumper to have fun on when the weather improves.

There's a bit of straight between dublin and bray, maybe just after, where when you fast the broken white lines, become solid,

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

In my younger days got the magical 186mph on a gixer 1000 and zx10r. 2nd gear wheelies over 130mph. Older and wiser now tho!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Indicated 170mph on the N4 at about 07:30 on a Sunday morning in 1996. YZF750SP with a 'flowed EXUP motor. Tunnel-vision is very real at that kind of speed, it's not so easy to read the clocks. I'm a bit older now, of course. :pac:

I'v also gone over the happeny bridge on a ts 100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

You know you're going fast when the cars you overtake look like they are travelling in the opposite direction..:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

130mph, never owned anything faster :(
    To be honest, I purposely got the bike I have now cos the top speed isn't mental. Almost owned a zzr1400, the temptation to wind it on on when you get to an open stretch would be too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Fast enough to get tunnel vision - on an open runway eek!

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

140mph on a naked bandit. Not a fun experience.

And about 160ish on a friend's blade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dexter Bip

Got an indicated 125mph going downhill on the bandit 600 on the M8 towards Mitchelstown. Wind started to pull the head upright which made it uncomfortable ( no fairing ). I remember watching Danny Keaney doing 175 ( or was it 186 corcaigh? ) in a land speed record attempt on the straight road in Cork back in 1979. Bet it would be easily surpassed today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

White line becomes a blur at about 140-150 and so does everything around you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Near enough flat out on a friends Firestorm a few years ago. Like lads have said, I wasn't looking at the clocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    2nd gear wheelies over 130mph. Older and wiser now tho!!

130 on the back wheel but in third these days. A sure sign of a gentleman motorcyclist. I tip my brandy glass to you sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Handy thing to has is a gps, they usually measure max speed. Just check it afterwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

175 (on the clock) on my busa ... on a private lane of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

35 for the first 200 miles before the restrictor could come out, then up to 45 on my old aerox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Last time I cracked the ton was in the late 90's on a GT550, no interest in a track day but happy putting about on these days.....though sometimes I've been kown to wind the Bonnie up to the mid 90's ;)

dissident biker of 35+ years? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

150mph + on my blackbird (thats when i stopped checking the clocks).. it's also the speed my brain say "your going fast enough" to my wrist.

i can only get about 120 when im two up .. the misses gets a bit shouty/punch after 100mph... and some credit to givi the boxes stay on well at that speed too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

inchiuvatu wrote: »
    150mph + on my blackbird (thats when i stopped checking the clocks).. it's also the speed my brain say "your going fast enough" to my wrist.

i can only get about 120 when im two up .. the misses gets a bit shouty/punch after 100mph... and some credit to givi the boxes stay on well at that speed too.

GIVI boxes 100mph???
    It says on mine not to go over 80mph:pac::pac:
    I'm not saying what speed these 3 boxes went!
    Let's just say the front got a bit flighty....oh!..on a closed road I might add!!!:pac:
    56188D6A-8B1B-45F0-9767-E8CF14C01952-4344-000006762D0F0918_zps59b46c7b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Iirc i hit the speed limiter on my k8 gsxr thousand when I had it. Regularly hit 150-160 plus when racing. Going through debtors at 140 (estimated) with your knee down on a litre bike with 30 other people is one of the scariest/craziest/most feeling alive things i've ever done.

Although the k8 was probably the fastest bike I have owned, the busa acceleration was just soooooo strong. I've never experienced anything like it, even on the race bikes with adjusted gearing. Not sure what the modern crop of bikes are like, but the pure grunt was phenomenal. (Mine was a 2005 iirc) It was like that scene in star wars where they make the jump to light speed, and everything outside the window just got longer and stretched out, before, BAM, you were gone in an instant. I think I want another busa.

hqdefault.jpg

Advertisement