Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

well pump stopped working: help!!

Options
  • 19-02-2015 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of advice on my newly installed domestic well which has stopped pumping water completely, any replies much appreciated!

Bit of background. I got the well installed in June 2014.

The company I used were a seemingly reputable well company called O'Donohoe Bros (www .odonohoewelldrilling com), and pump type was a Pentax.

The well installation seemed to go fine, however it was pumping up decayed granite after installation but the company said that would pump within 2-3 weeks and all would be well. I paid them half of what was owed and the rest was to be paid after my well grant came through.

However, after 3 weeks the granite muck was still coming through. At this point I tried contacting the company, however once they knew there was a problem they completely dodged all my calls after that, and I have never been able to get through to them since.

This has continued til now, I still owe them the balance of the payment but they have basically just kept avoiding my calls. I'm told there's nothing I can do against them now except not pay the balance, but this is the least of my problems!

The water continued so muddy that it was undrinkable and unuseable.

At first I thought it might be that it needed a filter put on, so we had one installed. This helped somewhat for a few months in that the water was then drinkable and useable in facilities, but the filter would clog up after about a week and I would have to wash it out then every week.

Now, two days ago the well stopped pumping water completely.

So basically, my two questions are:

(1) Does anyone have an idea what could be causing the pump to have stopped working? Could there a problem with how the well was installed, or is there potentially an easy fix?!?

and (2) does anyone have a recommendation for a reputable well pump maintainance company in the West Wicklow area that I could rely on not to be cowboys?

Sorry for the long and detailed post, it's been a very frustrating time and I would very very much appreciate if anyone has any suggestions or advice.

Thank you!

Advertisement