Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patti Smith - Dublin - June 1st

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Birneybau wrote: »

He comes across like a right tool ...
    (What? A music writer unfamiliar with music from 40 years ago? Boo hoo, go have a whine about it) ....

but he earlier wrote
    "wait a minute, Spiritualized is the lead man from Spaceman 3"

so it would seem this "music writer" doesn't know music from relatively recently either.

The piece is the equivalent of a self described Art Critic bemoaning the state of his latest packet of Crayola crayons.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

Birneybau wrote: »

Meh... I was expecting something much worse than that. He seems a bit churlish, but at least he's honest about what he knows or doesn't. Can't know it all, and better than bluffing and bull****ting.

Great gig anyway! Better than I expected and thanks to the randomers who befriended me for the evening! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Kompany

Anyone see Ariel Pink at all??? I had no idea who they were but they were brilliant! Frank Zappa for kids!!

Zappa..exactly my thoughts - Zappa for old folks too
    Thought Ariel Pink were fun on a slightly damp evening

Perhaps our professional critic is upset that he missed Coronation Street

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Kompany

1. Privilege (Set Me Free)
    2. Redondo Beach
    3. Ain't It Strange
    4. Beneath the Southern Cross
    5. Pissing in a River )
    6. People Have the Power
    7. Land
    8. My Generation