Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Seeds In a Polytunnel

Options
  • 19-02-2015 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hello
    Last year i got into gardening and bought a polytunnel recently. Last year before getting the tunnel I started a lot of seeds outside by wrapping the pots in cling film or covering with a sheet of glass. I just want to know if i should still wrap the pots in clingfilm inside the poly tunnel or leave it off. Any help and points of view appreciated.

Regards
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

I use fish boxes to start seeds in polytunnell-cover boxes with cling film for about a week(creates a higher temp,mini environment) When seeds germinate remove film during the day and depending on frost,cold,etc cover at night for another few days to harden them off,works fine.
    Have started parsley,lettuce,rocket,cabbage and spring onions that way last week! Nothing peeping yet though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Mutant

(Dimensios of Polytunnel 6m * 3m) 1.5m high

Regards
    Alan

Advertisement