Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public transport

Options
  • 19-02-2015 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I will be moving to Galway shortly and I may have a potential job offer in City east business park. What are my options regarding public transport? I would have a start time of 9.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am struggling to find information online

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Ease all depends on where your departure point is, but the 403 and the 405 go out there from the city centre on a regular basis (half hourly, if I'm not mistaken).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Everything you need to know is here http://www.galwaytransport.info/2010/01/ballybrit-area-includes-ballybane.html

Out of interest, what did you search for in Google? (I'm not being nasty, it gives me some ideas about keywords to add to make it easier for people to find.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

use Google Maps, it has the bus stops and route information and timetables on it.... also, whensmybus.ie, very handy web app

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭what_traffic

loriexxx wrote: »
    I will be moving to Galway shortly and I may have a potential job offer in City east business park. What are my options regarding public transport? I would have a start time of 9.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am struggling to find information online

Were is City East? Perhaps it is also known by a local name.
    I find bus at "rush" hour times is difficult to predict because of car traffic and we do not have many bus lanes in Galway City. So I usually cycle at these times. Outside of "rush" hour times they run on time and journey times are predictable.

Were is City East? Perhaps it is also known by a local name.

Next door to Ballybrit Business Park. It's where the road tax office is now, which is why many people have now started to need to find it (and got confused). For a long time it either didn't have a name, or the property developer didn't share it. But a sign went up a 3-4 years ago.

No local names that I've heard of - am happy to be corrected though.

Served by the 405 bus, which is 20 minute frequency so not too bad to get to if you're coming from the city centre or Upper Knocknacarra / Westside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Next door to Ballybrit Business Park. It's where the road tax office is now, which is why many people have now started to need to find it (and got confused). For a long time it either didn't have a name, or the property developer didn't share it. But a sign went up a 3-4 years ago.

No local names that I've heard of - am happy to be corrected though.

Served by the 405 bus, which is 20 minute frequency so not too bad to get to if you're coming from the city centre or Upper Knocknacarra / Westside.

Bloody hell I cycle by it regularly, never knew this. I just thought it was just part of Ballybrit Industrial Estate. Ya 405 is pretty good especially since the Bus Lanes on SQR/BOD - only pity they don't actually go into the Industrial Estate/Business Park/City East. i.e have the terminus outside HP or Boston Scientific.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SwimFin

Check this website:-

http:// getthere . ie /

http:// getthere.ie / galway-ballybrit /

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Bloody hell I cycle by it regularly, never knew this. I just thought it was just part of Ballybrit Industrial Estate. Ya 405 is pretty good especially since the Bus Lanes on SQR/BOD - only pity they don't actually go into the Industrial Estate/Business Park/City East. i.e have the terminus outside HP or Boston Scientific.

Hopefully this will happen soon. HP were working with Bus Eireann, Gardai and government department to get the route extended. There's a bus shelter completed beside the new HP building and the move will start within the next couple of months. Haven't heard when the bus route might change or if the application was successful, but would hope it'll be extended relatively soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Mr_A wrote: »
    Hopefully this will happen soon. HP were working with Bus Eireann, Gardai and government department to get the route extended. There's a bus shelter completed beside the new HP building and the move will start within the next couple of months. Haven't heard when the bus route might change or if the application was successful, but would hope it'll be extended relatively soon.

didn't know that, that'd be brilliant alright... move to new building starting in mid-March I believe

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Mr_A wrote: »

Lots of fingers crossed for this, I'm keeping an eye out and will be posting here if it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They're also currently in the design phase of a new bus corridor to run from Parkmore junction to the Tuam road.

They're also currently in the design phase of a new bus corridor to run from Parkmore junction to the Tuam road.

I think that's to (or from, or both) Claregalway along the Tuam Rd. A good thing to be sure, but it's a different type of bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think that's to (or from, or both) Claregalway along the Tuam Rd. A good thing to be sure, but it's a different type of bus.

No, long-term it will probably link up with a proposed claregalway bus corridor, but the one being designed at the moment with works to get underway end this year/start next year is a one-way corridor from parkmore into the Tuam road.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

loriexxx wrote: »

Could be Parkmore Business Park East :)
    Routes 409 (every 15 minutes) and 403 (every 30 minutes) both from Eyre Sq. - 409 is likely the fastest from Eyre Sq. and takes ~30-40 min. from there depending on traffic ...
    Again depends on from where you go doesn't it ;)

Anyway - if you state the company name we can fully help :D

Advertisement