Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice ref letting agency

Options
  • 19-02-2015 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I am in rented accomodation, and my rent is is 2 weeks, (which yes I know there is no excuse and yes I have been late on other occasions)

I know aot of people will say onus is on my to pay my rent on time etc etc,

I was in my shower this morning, there was a knock on my door, obv i didnt hear the door and when i finished showering the agency ady had walked into my hall with some guy with her (possiby their security guard) becking me to come out of the bathroom,

They issues me today a notice of eviction, but had they any right to enter into the property today?

Like what if I was naked coming out of the bathroom? something tes me this isnt correct behaviour without any prior notice or letter to say they woud be entering?

any advice?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 nigmatron

ps, im living here over 2 years and no hassle with neighbours etc

• Registered Users Posts: 23,493 ✭✭✭✭ted1

No she shouldn't have come in.

Your rent is 2 weeks late. She can issue a notice of eviction .

As your there 2 years there is a good chance that you are paying below current market rate hence the rush to get you out

I am based in Limerick so the rates are mainly the same no significant increase in the area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

ted1 wrote: »
    No she shouldn't have come in.

Your rent is 2 weeks late. She can issue a notice of eviction .

As your there 2 years there is a good chance that you are paying below current market rate hence the rush to get you out

No she can't, a 14 day notice of arrears has to be issued first!

Oh I was under the impression they had to forewarn you in writing to give notice to enter the property in advance...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

nigmatron wrote: »
    Oh I was under the impression they had to forewarn you in writing to give notice to enter the property in advance...
    They have to give you advance notice, but it does not have to be in writing.

Source: Residential Tenancies Act 2004, section 16(c), (e)

Advertisement