Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

incorrect credit rating

Options
  • 19-02-2015 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Just a question about my credit rating. My bank never took a full mortgage repayment a few years back. Seems like it was interest only. I rang to ask as to why they didn't take the full payment as there was enough funds. I made payment and asked would this affect my credit rating and was assured it wouldn't. Seems now that it is on my icb report. Where do I stand on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

You need to request a copy of your credit report to be 100% certain that it is on it and then take it up with your bank. They are the only people that can get it removed.
    You pay your mortgage by direct debit and so it is the bank that request's the repayment - get your bank statement and if you had sufficient funds in your account to meet your normal repayment and the bank took less it was their mistake and they will have to fix it.

I would suggest that if they refuse to do this and you have evidence it was their mistake make a complaint in writing and then contact the Ombudsman. I would of course tell them you are going to take this course of action at the outset.

Advertisement