Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you vape? Mouth to lung or direct to lung, bong style?

• 19-02-2015 9:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19

I've been using e-cigs for about two years now. Never got into that cloud chasing stuff, still have a fairly modest setup.

But I just noticed from watching some reviews that they say stuff like "this device is not great... it would only be good for mouth to lung vaping"

... what?

So I'm guessing those cloud chasing people inhale direct into the lungs as if it was a bong/shisha? It makes sense as I've seen American vape competitions where they blow along a measuring tape like 10ft long and see if they can get to the end!!!

Is this an American thing or does anybody here do that?

It seems a bit ridiculous. I mean the vaping "scene" seems to be getting out of control. It definitely won't help ease the scare mongers.

For example: If somebody on the street was interested and inquired about my ecig, I definitely would NOT tell them to google "vaping".

So basically - do you vape directly into the lungs?

and

Is this whole scene getting out of control?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I mouth to lung, same way I smoked. I don't like the other way. I'm not into authoritarianism, so I don't really care how in or out of control it is to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

If i use my Nautilus's, i mouth to lung.

If i use my Atlantis or Subtank, i do a direct lung inhale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

I dont find I actually inhale much into my lungs at all, if I do they make me splutter, I get the same satisfaction out of them by inhaling more into my throat and out my nose, sort of, but definitely not deep into my lungs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Lung inhale gives me the best satisfaction, but some atty's can't deliver that, including my new Kayfun 4. So I 'slipstream' the ones that are too tight, leving my mouth slightly open at the mouth piece so I can take in extra air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Mouth to lung, same way I use to smoke. I don't like the sensation of direct to lung. I like a tighter draw. I guess I'm used to my 2 x kayfun set up and the draw I get from them. I do have a dripper which I basically use for testing out new juices, which is a direct to lung job, but that is used very rarely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I normally do mouth to lung with all clearo's above 0.8ohms because the airflow is much smaller,anything like RDA's,Atlantis,Subtank & Delta II have large airflows & low ohms,so I lung inhale,it is alot easier to do lung hits with big air holes,some liquids taste alot better doing this method,also you get big clouds HaHa
    Some of my large Nautilus's with certain liquids,I prefer lung hits using slipstream as Didihno mentioned above.
    All my RDA's have sub ohm coils & very big air holes,if any of them have small air holes but they are a great dripper,I just drill the air holes to the size I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

Mouth to lung with my Nauty istick most of the time.I bought a subtank thinking i could mouth to lung with it, i was wrong this thing is for direct lung hit's :) ,Huge clouds and huge taste.I don't know why but it is very satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 veryvape

moonboy52 wrote: »

Same Here, depends on the juice too.

Fruity juices straight to lung with a Lemo Drop, custards and bakery vapes mouth to lung with the Nautilus Mini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭Pique

Mouth to lung always. Too airy makes it feel like I'm just breathing, with no vacuum effect. That aspect is very important to my psychological satisfaction of vaping. It's not all about nicotine hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

Bit late, but I wanted to ask if anyone else shares my experience. When I mouth to lung on anything (nautilus etc) it really irritates my lungs, but if I lung inhale with a Fogger, Orchid, Lemo etc, I'm fine! It's weird really. I can take a huge draw with them and feel perfectly fine, but one small mouth to lung, with nowhere near the amount of vapour, and I'm spluttering!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

moonboy52 wrote: »

Same here. I only do the direct lung inhale/sub ohm thing in the comfort of my own home, so it bothers nobody. I use a Nautilus out and about, and it's mouth to lung, I guess that's what they call it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

I'm with maggiepip and jonathanpbk.

With the egrip rba I lung hit (phrase sounds harsher than it is imo) but very mildly - I start exhaling through my nose before I've stopped drawing. I like it this way, but I'm just guzzling juice. I can vape as mindlessly as I could with a nauti even at max voltage. With the subtank I lung hit but I have to be more conscious of it and so it's a bit more satisfying and I vape less. I like the egrip too much basically.

But yeah, for me, as long as air flow is ample, nic content is low and the cotton is Japanese I find direct lung the smoothest way for me. Like tasty fresh air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I heard that Vaping through ones nose gets a bigger nic hit & taste compared to lungs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

With the new sub ohm tanks it's kind of hard not to lung inhale. They're designed for it. Large air holes, larger than normal drip tips, lower resistance coils - course you can use standard drip tips, and close up the airholes to the smallest one, and vape at more reasonable wattage ... but then you might as well just use a normal tank. As these sub ohm ones, in general, are more expensive.

Advertisement