Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

marno21 wrote: »
    Shannon-Geneva would be a very random route to start - especially with Swiss expanding at Cork to Zurich and the existing Helvetic route at Shannon

Presumably EI-JSK will be the only flight from Shannon to Geneva yet again next summer :)

Helvetic have scrapped ZRH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

kmart6 wrote: »
    Random one, do Aer Lingus not update their IFE monthly anymore? Have checked the website for what is playing and hasn't changed from the December listing, which was pretty bad to be honest. Flying back TA to DUB next week and just curious if I'll need to load up the iPad/phone with movies/shows. Could just be a case that the website has not been updated which wouldn't surprise me.

I would just curate your own content tbh - agreed that the IFE selection currently is absolutely trash. I'm guessing they got a good deal on Matt Damon movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Kcormahs

From 27/10
    Aer Lingus DUB-YUL EI99 changing timings to 14.10 instead of 18.55 departure. This will intrefere with connections to /from French airports which only few will be able to connect. odd change since they were relying on French connections for this flight

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Shamrockj

Kcormahs wrote: »
    From 27/10
    Aer Lingus DUB-YUL EI99 changing timings to 14.10 instead of 18.55 departure. This will intrefere with connections to /from French airports which only few will be able to connect. odd change since they were relying on French connections for this flight

A lot of the French flights aren't there in the winter anyway / reduced so that time probably suits better for winter it gets back at 5am so can feed into all first wave departures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Tenger wrote: »
    Ive seen that before with airlines (and in hotels)
    A cantankerous and/or overbearing manager/team leader makes grumpy staff which ruins the customer experience. The same staff could be great on a different day if given the space to actually perform.

My experience too. A/L appear to have a number of young(er) cabin managers now and the difference is noticible. Cabin crew seem to relate to theses managers and you can tell they enjoy the experience. Never less than professional but you can see they respond to their managers support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

joeysoap wrote: »
    My experience too. A/L appear to have a number of young(er) cabin managers now and the difference is noticible. Cabin crew seem to relate to theses managers and you can tell they enjoy the experience. Never less than professional but you can see they respond to their managers support.

Have worked for young and older Managers/Supervisors down through the years. Regardless of age some are simply full of piss and vinegar and others just use common sense. How a person positively motivates their staff has absolutely nothing to do with age. It's all down to the individual and the respect they give to their staff and in turn earn from them.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Random one, do Aer Lingus not update their IFE monthly anymore? Have checked the website for what is playing and hasn't changed from the December listing, which was pretty bad to be honest. Flying back TA to DUB next week and just curious if I'll need to load up the iPad/phone with movies/shows. Could just be a case that the website has not been updated which wouldn't surprise me.
    I believe that it is bi-monthly. Am open to correction of course. Havent flown TA with them since June.
    I do recall that they had a big Christopher Nolan (director) selection last year (all the Batman trilogy and Interstellar, which suited me!!)
    Im assuming that they get a package deal with the media supplier. (might be Tom Cruise in Feb/Mar)

Personally, I would always load up my personal entertainment options (book, tablet,laptop) just in case of any issues/delays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

cson wrote: »
    I would just curate your own content tbh - agreed that the IFE selection currently is absolutely trash. I'm guessing they got a good deal on Matt Damon movies.
    I believe that it is bi-monthly. Am open to correction of course. Havent flown TA with them in 4 months. I do recall that they had a big Christopher Nolan (director) selection on in May/June.
    Im assuming that they get a package deal with the media supplier. (might be Tom Cruise in Feb/Mar)

Personally, I would always load up my personal entertainment options (book, tablet,laptop) just in case of any issues/delays.

That is appalling if bi-monthly. Will have content on other devices but nice to be able to look straight at the screen in front of you instead of bent down at a laptop/tablet/phone, which is compounded if the person in front of you insists on having there seat reclined for the entire flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Remember the days when people were mostly concerned about having a ptv or not! 😝😝😝

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

That is appalling if bi-monthly. Will have content on other devices but nice to be able to look straight at the screen in front of you instead of bent down at a laptop/tablet/phone, which is compounded if the person in front of you insists on having there seat reclined for the entire flight.

Honestly I know other carriers who change it every 3 or 6 months!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Pity to see the retro jet getting regular livery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

The plane isn't announced yet but would the difficulty of getting parking spots at Dublin push Aer Lingus to curtail their long-range ambitions and instead of ordering widebodies they'd order A321XLRs which can still reach deep in to North America but fit in a narrowbody slot in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Gael23 wrote: »

Yes, should have got rid of the Rugby livery first.

I think it’s getting the New livery?

Locker10a wrote: »

Yes along with EI-EDY, rolled out on the 16th

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I got to see it up close a couple of months ago whilst our flight was disembarking alongside it being subjected to the "South Gates" too.

It looked fairly discoloured and scruffy in areas. The green topped livery hides it well, who knows about the new one..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Yes, should have got rid of the Rugby livery first.

They've extended the sponsorship for another 3 years so they might keep it. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Yes but it’s a shame to see the retro go.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

LiamaDelta wrote:
    They've extended the sponsorship for another 3 years so they might keep it.

Well worth their while too seeing as we're going to win the Webb Ellis next year too!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭john boye

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    They've extended the sponsorship for another 3 years so they might keep it. :eek:

Aren't one or two of the players in the IRFU livery out of the first team picture now?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

rushfan wrote: »
    Well worth their while too seeing as we're going to win the Webb Ellis next year too!!!!

The could come up with a less hideous rugby livery. And remove the now retired Tommy Bowe.
    john boye wrote: »
    Aren't one or two of the players in the IRFU livery out of the first team picture now?

Bowe is retired, but Kearney, Henshaw and Murray are all still first choice.

rushfan wrote: »

They're going to need to paint one of the A330's!

Given that they've persisted with one of the most hideous 'special' liveries that has ever graced an airframe, I don't think they'll care that much!!!

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    Given that they've persisted with one of the most hideous 'special' liveries that has ever graced an airframe, I don't think they'll care that much!!!

I like it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I like it

As a livery, without the players or the rugby ball tail, it could work. But the way it is doesn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

As a livery, without the players or the rugby ball tail, it could work. But the way it is doesn't work.

Flew on it last year and boarded it from steps and thought it really looked ugly close-up. Wouldn't mind if it was the first frame for a repaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭ohigg84

I'm really going to miss the retro livery, I thought it looked very well, and was definitely one of the nicest looking retrojet liveries around, especially in Europe.

The retrojet livery would look spectacular on an A330, especially a 332..

As for the rugby livery, I think one aircraft was enough to carry the markings, and I won't be sorry to see it go..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

The rugby livery is epic! Best one that I have seen in a long time. Wish they put it on an A330, especially a 333!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭liiga

Anyone have time for the new aerlingus livery that rolling out on the 16th ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Its coming from Bordeaux so they can't hide it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

liiga wrote: »

Delayed until the 30th due to maintenance in Bordeaux

I seem to recall the retro one was delivered at night and the feeling was it was deliberate.

Appalling might be a bit strong. Is there a general consensus that airlines must update monthly? If the airline has a wide enough selection then bi-monthly should be fine. Not too many passengers travel enough to run out of something to watch.

I seem to recall the retro one was delivered at night and the feeling was it was deliberate.
    It was indeed. Original plan had been leaving TLS at 2-3pm but the then CEO wanted to have to as a surprise the following day.
    A mate of might was on the delivery flight and was letting me know the story by text.

And anyone who flies often will bring their own tablet to watch on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

And anyone who flies often will bring their own tablet to watch on.

It's more a mentality of having paid for something and expecting it to be varied and different. "I can watch my own tablet at home"

I agree with you btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭NSAman

Appalling might be a bit strong. Is there a general consensus that airlines must update monthly? If the airline has a wide enough selection then bi-monthly should be fine. Not too many passengers travel enough to run out of something to watch.

Have watched all of what they have, another TA next week and its going to be the tablet and a few films. You would be surprised at the number of people who you see regularly on TA flights.

Besides most of the airlines have the similar films on board. A few flights a month and you have seen everything.

So its box sets, weird films and personal music selections, while the laptop finishes the emails required for the following day..... then food and sleep.

billie1b wrote: »

Ok Thank u for let me know

Yep it was delivered at night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Appalling might be a bit strong. Is there a general consensus that airlines must update monthly? If the airline has a wide enough selection then bi-monthly should be fine. Not too many passengers travel enough to run out of something to watch

Maybe there isn't but BA change monthly or have in the past anyway when I've been flying either side of a month. Fact is the selection on EI was pretty bad to have on a 11 hour flight, not a wide enough selection at all, watched all movies that were in any way decent, and that is a stretch because it included The Meg and some Melissa McCarthy thing. As someone else said, seems to be a deal on Matt Damon movies at the moment. The TV selection is outdated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

billie1b wrote: »

Still down for 16th, EDY is going for new paint this week in H3

Media invitations have been sent out for the 17th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭HTCOne

I seem to recall some airlines would have different selections eastbound and westbound on the NAT, but that may just be my imagination, or when memory was very limited on IFE and the selection was much smaller.

HTCOne wrote: »
    I seem to recall some airlines would have different selections eastbound and westbound on the NAT, but that may just be my imagination.......
    EI definitely did this up until August 2016. I can remember being disappointed back then as I thought I could finish watching a film on our way back from New York.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They used to split the pages in Cara for Inbound and Outbound but a very quick check of online editions shows that the more recent ones with a two page film listing has no such specification; and the latest ones are on a single page. Probably a case that it wasn't worth the small, if any, cost difference of licencing to do it seeing as the storage had to be there for both sets anyway - and the risk of the swap being missed by the crew also.

Anyone know where ei-gaj is gone today ?

• Advertisement

A very good question as the flight number is 2148, 2 normally means an extra flight and its even numbered so is a eastbound, 148 is not a mainline flight number so is positioning somewhere

I'd say Ostrava

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Shamrockj

Anyone know where ei-gaj is gone today ?

It's positioning to Abu Dhabi

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭flange888

EI-GAJ gone to Abu Dhabi for maintenance

Shamrockj wrote: »
    It's positioning to Abu Dhabi

Is it going to get painted there too?

Is it going to get painted there too?

Would be very soon for a repaint. Only delivered less than 2 years ago.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement