Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

NH2013 wrote: »
    EI-CVA flying from SNN to DUB tomorrow, expected to land between 12:30-12:50 in the new livery, to join the Hangar 6 event at 13:00 from what I've heard. First chance to get glimpse of the new livery in flight.

Is that two planes which will be in the new livery?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Is that two planes which will be in the new livery?

I believe so, EI-EDY, an A330, is in the hangar at DUB getting the livery (likely has it finished by now).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

I say the spotters area at SNN will be packed tomorrow morning :) Looking forward to seeing snaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭Bsal

Also Aer Lingus will be live on their youtube from 1230z tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5P2obq0aDk

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Bsal wrote: »
    Also Aer Lingus will be live on their youtube from 1230z tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5P2obq0aDk

Saw that posted on Facebook as well. Very fancy!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Anybody know if the video AerLingus did to Haiti for the airlift is still available to view?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Brennus335

Here she is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Brennus335 wrote: »
    Here she is...

Canr beleive I am saying it but I kind of like it apart from to much white at the fromt.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Kev11491

The Shamrock isnt as bad as I thought it would be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They'll be repainted green the whole way within 5 years when some marketing team convinces them its required to "stand out in a crowded marketplace of similar liveries" or something.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    They'll be repainted green the whole way within 5 years when some marketing team convinces them its required to "stand out in a crowded marketplace of similar liveries" or something.

I'm sure other marketing teams will say the same to other airlines and thus they'll all be the same again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The colors and the shamrock look well but I think it will look too plain from a more forward view.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭sherology

I do like the tail (the newer blueish-green does work well). I think they should increase (double all dimensions (the size of the title to reduce the 'whiteeeeeeee' and balance it out a little more.

Thanks poster 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Agreed the tail and shamrock looks better in real life. As others have said though, that long plain white A330 fuselage needs something more, too blank and featureless forward of the wings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

I always liked the fact that you could instantly find the Aer Lingus gate in most airports by just looking for the big green aircraft on stand.

It looks blandly like everyone else now.

IAG's dull corporate fingerprints all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Theres another pic doing the rounds of it being towed,the shamrock on tail and shamrock up the front are facing opposite directions,they've not put the shamrock on the wingtip either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

It looks a lot better than I expected it to, and I think it'll look much better on the A320 than the A330, it's just that bit too long for it to look right.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Alicano

Should have gone to Paddy Power 6 months ago and put 500 euro on it being white! :) sad day for the iconic green. Totally get the reasons behind it though. Hoping it will grow on me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Is there general knowledge of the repaint schedule over the three years? What's the most recently repainted aircraft to be green..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Well its fairly simple to say

EI-GAL/GAM arrived in 2017 freshly painted, GEF is new this year from Qatar
    EI-FNH/FNG/GAJ/GCF are all new from factory paint jobs from 2016/7

EI-CVA is the oldest A320 and she will appear today in the new livery

Will the A321's get the new paint is a question given age and the new A321 neo LR's incoming

https://twitter.com/AeronewsRO/status/1085861694130262016

cant really make them out but there is the other livery options they had..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭HTCOne

I also really like the new shade of green, but over all I think it's.....meh. Could be worse, could be better. A C1 on the Leaving Cert!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Bussywussy wrote: »
    Theres another pic doing the rounds of it being towed,the shamrock on tail and shamrock up the front are facing opposite directions,they've not put the shamrock on the wingtip either

They could easily have solved this by not making the shamrock 'lean' unnecessarily. It's probably some misguided idea of making the logo seem 'in motion'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

MJohnston wrote: »
    They could easily have solved this by not making the shamrock 'lean' unnecessarily. It's probably some misguided idea of making the logo seem 'in motion'.
    It's like the front is static design and the tail is in motion...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Ive created a new thread re: the new livery. Considering its once in a 20 year event, I felt it deserved its own title. Mods feel free to remove if necessary!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057947173

• Advertisement

I'm not really sure what the point of this presentation is. It's just a bunch of generic clips and someone going through highlights of corporate report with tons and tons of the current branding.

Also this use of "guests" as opposed to "passengers". Are they a hotel now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

EdgeCase wrote: »
    I'm not really sure what the point of this presentation is. It's just a bunch of generic clips and someone going through highlights of corporate report with tons and tons of the current branding.

Also this use of "guests" as opposed to "passengers". Are they a hotel now?

A load of corporate bull crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭NSAman

Oh Jesus I hate it. It Is nothing but a generic cheap white paint job.

The colours also remind me of Superquinn's logo.
    Generally have to say it's a major downgrading both blander and and cheap looking - more like what you'd expect on a milk carton than an aircraft - Fresh and well chilled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭rameire

The video was terrible at the end once the plane was revealed.
    it had a lot of shots of the plane without the Tail and it just looked like a white turd.
    its lacking a bit of green like a fluttering Ribbon going the length of the fuselage.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭BZ

The colours also remind me of Superquinn's logo.
    Generally have to say it's a major downgrading both blander and and cheap looking.

Completely god awful. Just watched the A320 push out of the hangar here in SNN and it doesn't get any better when you see it in person. A320 is going up over the Árann islands for a photo shoot before heading to DUB according to the ATC clearance.

Also what were the radiation hazard symbols being projected onto the stage floor just before that lol

I thought the Eir logo was bad, but at least that grows on you after a while and is a bit interesting looking and has plenty of colour and options.

Sorry but with the amount of money spent on this Lippencott agency and the research agency, THIS is the best they could do?

The whole presentation reminded me of that send up of the Olympics on BBC. This is what is wrong with Aer Lingus... instead of being themselves they are trying to conform to other people’s corporate ideals.

British corporate stupidity is very much in evidence in an “Irish” company...so sad.

Also all that talk about how they're an international airline that happens to be Irish, rather than an Irish airline, sounds like their future is as BA's budget carrier.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Also all that talk about how they're an international airline that happens to be Irish, rather than an Irish airline, sounds like their future is as BA's budget carrier.
    Well they have been talking like this for a few years now. 4-5 years ago the growth in non-Irish connecting pax was being talked up. This was Pre IAG buyout.

Does the green look more like some kind of shade of blue-green though? Or is it just my display settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭rameire

Does the green look more like some kind of shade of blue-green though? Or is it just my display settings.

Its Teal.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »
    Its Teal.

Well I suppose with a sky blueish tail and a white body it'll blend into an Irish fluffy clouds kind of day so you won't be able to see them on stand.

Maybe they'll relent and put a swish of green down the side eventually. It just looks way too bland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

If they had brought those two colours from the back up to the front like that I think it would have been the business. The a330 is an ugly aircraft at the best of times

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I think the new logo typeface really cheapens the value of the brand. It looks like a logo from a budget airline. The previous font wasn't great, but it had more grandeur.

• Advertisement

MJohnston wrote: »
    I think the new logo typeface really cheapens the value of the brand. It looks like a logo from a budget airline. The previous font wasn't great, but it had more grandeur.

Agree, they have taken an instantly recognizable air plane and made it generic...not bad.. and spent a fortune in the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

What they did was, took the dimensions of the Iberia colour scheme and matched them so that the aircraft are cheaply interchangeable with minimal repainting. The brand integrity of Aer Lingus matters not a ****, and anyone who looks past that fact in this discussion is being naive.

This is the reality of British Airways ownership.

I suppose at least they didn't rebrand all of them as LEVEL !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Is EI-EDY no longer a saint?

Edit: Never mind spotted a close up video with St. Munchin on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012

46777576991_4556db0081_z.jpgEI-CVA by Ken Meegan, on Flickr

AS ever, the corporate merry-go round continues, Kavanagh retires/gets new job, new CEO arrives,. Kavanagh puts on his CV major rebranding over seen...doesn't matter if people like it or not... next job gets homogenised, next brand becomes homogenised...when corporate culture rules, products suffer... these are all professional corporate heads... it happens with all large corporations... the head guys move, make the same mistakes and then bring those mistakes to another corporation.... you can see this everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭trellheim

Thats a new font as well isnt it so all letterheads, forms, websites, phone apps will need updating or do I miss my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭sandbelter

Well the photo of the A320 clinches it, the grey skies of Ireland rob the Eurowhite of it sharp glossy feel, instead its a matt dull white. Passioless brand.

Bad Feng Shui to have the shamrocks clashing.....unlucky.

Like the shamrock..... looks good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭micosoft

Or conversely BA is IAG groups legacy operating model and Aer Lingus is the future operating model. Growing TAL by 2/3 is impressive. A lot more than the BA expansion rate...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Don't mind it at all. I mean IAG did purchase the airline. If they want to streamline it with other brand members it's hardly a national disgrace. Saying Americans won't fly it because it's less green? Steady on. Vast majority of people have no in depth knowledge of the livery at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement