Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Carnacalla wrote: »
    98% full? With a B762, 2 A333's and a B752?

EI103 from DUB tomorrow... EI132 actually has a 60% LF. Very good considering its a once-off as all others are over 90% (EI134/EI136/EI138) tonight from BOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭A319er

This is a NYC flight not Boston and has 2j and 6y avail !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

So, here is N225AX on lease for the BOS-SNN route. Photo belongs to this person on Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/rbjets/18581502071/sizes/l

18581502071_80da2c877d_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

So, here is N225AX on lease for the BOS-SNN route. Photo belongs to this person on Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/rbjets/18581502071/sizes/l

That looks too cheap.

Wild Atlantic way! Suppose they got a bit of enticing to put that on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭N64

That shamrock on the red engines :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

A319er wrote: »
    And it's 98% full too , smart flies ...........

That seems pretty impressive for the first flight of the season.
    ....[/img]
    Oh dear lord, my eyes!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Not to go off topic but will a senior CC member of EI be on the B762 flights to ensure the "other" crew are kept in check in terms of service etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Awful!!

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Not to go off topic but will a senior CC member of EI be on the B762 flights to ensure the "other" crew are kept in check in terms of service etc?

Lol... ''Flag carriers''. To deal with customer relations on board, safety/service by Omni CC is EI's own concern for choosing them not the on-board CCM from EI.

Livery is woeful, may as well have stuck a lemon on the tail. :confused:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    The return of Flag Carriers,that was always great fun. EI used to do this 'back in the day' They had a codeshare with Delta in the mid/late 90's. EI and Delta T/A flights would each carry a Flag Carrier from the other airline to deal with pax issues. Worked well at the time and pax were happy.

My issue was always that in terms of booking/reservations/customer service follow up trained ground staff would always have been a better option. Cabin crew dont have the info/experience to answer questions related to future bookings and/or future reservations.

• Advertisement

I would have thought it made perfect sense to be honest, make sure service is up to the expected standard, Brand representative who could answer specific questions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I would have thought it made perfect sense to be honest, make sure service is up to the expected standard, Brand representative who could answer specific questions etc.

My recollection is of being on a Bristol - Dublin Aer Lingus Regional (Stobart) flight a year or 2 ago, which was being operated by an Air Maroc plane & crew - there was someone with an Aer Lingus badge on board (don't know f it was a Stobart employee or Aer Lingus)

Rattly oul bird (think it was an AT42-90s gold vintage - but the other staff were worth the discomfort!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

With an airline regular punters won't have heard of - and presumably patchy English from the crew - you'd want that. Titan and Loganair subs for EI/RE I've been on haven't had anyone beyond the supplied crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

The return of Flag Carriers,that was always great fun. EI used to do this 'back in the day' They had a codeshare with Delta in the mid/late 90's. EI and Delta T/A flights would each carry a Flag Carrier from the other airline to deal with pax issues. Worked well at the time and pax were happy.

My issue was always that in terms of booking/reservations/customer service follow up trained ground staff would always have been a better option. Cabin crew dont have the info/experience to answer questions related to future bookings and/or future reservations.

Easyjet seem to believe it's required when they lease a few aircraft peak summer, worrying that EI don't

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Are they really leaving that red on the tail & nacelles?

O
    A
    P ???? Those letters send out the wrong message, somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

tippman1 wrote: »
    Are they really leaving that red on the tail & nacelles?

O
    A
    P ???? Those letters send out the wrong message, somehow.

OAI. That's meant to be a flight path or something.

L1011 wrote: »

Or even, Omni Air International :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Gotcha.....my wrong, could have sworn it was a 'P' :o

Credit to Brian Buckley for this high quality picture of the leased 767-200 after takeoff from SNN.

What the hell is up with the 2 different shades of green on the shamrock on the engine???

Credit to Brian Buckley for this high quality picture of the leased 767-200 after takeoff from SNN.

What the hell is up with the 2 different shades of green on the shamrock on the engine???

Absolutely hideous, is this real life

• Advertisement

The painter was out the night before...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

It's 10 weeks. What were people expecting?

It's 10 weeks. What were people expecting?

12 weeks and we expected something that didn't look like a 5 year old putting stickers on a toy plane.

12 weeks and we expected something that didn't look like a 5 year old putting stickers on a toy plane.

Ok. 12 weeks then. Why are you getting your knickers in a twist about it? How is this going to radically change your life? Are you afraid the flying public are going to see this and stop flying Aer Lingus?

Ok. 12 weeks then. Why are you getting your knickers in a twist about it? How is this going to radically change your life? Are you afraid the flying public are going to see this and stop flying Aer Lingus?

In fact I find that my shock was quite modest compared to most others.

Its not going to change my life in any way, nor is it going to stop people flying Aer Lingus (well not many). But it is a ghastly livery that could have been improved on and I'm sure you can respect our right to discuss that matter.

Well my comment wasn't aimed at you. But what is the point in a commercial company that is out to make a profit doing anything but the bare minimum when it comes to hiring an aircraft for a few weeks?

I respect everyone's right to discuss anything but I do no see why you, and others are taking it so personally.

Well my comment wasn't aimed at you. But what is the point in a commercial company that is out to make a profit doing anything but the bare minimum when it comes to hiring an aircraft for a few weeks?

I respect everyone's right to discuss anything but I do no see why you, and others are taking it so personally.

Calm down, who has said they took it personally? That's you deciding that! People have opinions and are allowed to share them without being thrown comments asking about their personal integrity regarding a statement. Your post is completely irrelevant, your opinion is valid like everyone else's.

Very calm Jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭Rawr

My guess is that the 2 shades are needed to make the shamrock visible on that stark burgundy engine. Use just one tone of green, and I think the shamrock would just sort of 'melt' back into the background colour.

Agreed though, it's a bizzare colour choice that's resulting in a weird 3D 'shamrock-hole' effect.

May have been wiser to just paint on a white shamrock. Would stand out better on that colour and would look a little nicer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

To be fair, even as temporary colour schemes go, it is pretty hideous!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement