Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭liiga

Will we see one day Aerlingus having A330neo in the fleet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Bussywussy wrote: »
    Surely rest converted to A330 options with 2 new ones coming

How much longer will the CEO be manufactured for? I mean eventually the assembly line will be doing NEOs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

DVN has a phenomenally annoying squeak from the rear galley if there's any sideways motion

Entire flight had light chop.

Aaaarrrrgggghhh

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jucylucy

A319er wrote: »
    BR is AOG in BDL , ah well thank god for spare frames !!
    The grounding of the MAX will make it very difficult to sub in the usual frames e.g. Titan HiFly etc .

Strange...as it has been in the hangar in Shannon for at least two weeks!
    Hasn’t been to BDL in weeks....just the facts Mam:rolleyes

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

L1011 wrote: »
    Most of us probably assumed all 9 would be!
    when the info about IAG signing a contract for WiFi across the group it mentioned a number for Iberia A350s, (think it was 25) which was 9 over what wiki had for their orders.

I think it’s a no-brained that EI will get the A339neo at some point. That could be 6-10 years away though. The oldest -300 is 12 years old. LAX and DAA are currently 20 and 18 years old .
    Updated fleet plan says 2 more A330 in 2020 with 2 more before 2023. So perhaps replace the oldest -200s with new in 5-6 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Quick question does EI still use the stands on the 300s or are they just using the 400s these days?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Quick question does EI still use the stands on the 300s or are they just using the 400s these days?

Yes the use the 300s still, no way is there enough room for them to just use the 400s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Jack1985

BR is AOG in BDL , ah well thank god for spare frames !!
    The grounding of the MAX will make it very difficult to sub in the usual frames e.g. Titan HiFly etc .

Where did you work out LBR was AOG in Bradley? LBR is in Shannon at the moment in maintenance.

If you are referring to the cancellation of EI130 on 03/04 this was due to crew illness and the operating airframe LBT positioned home empty the same evening as EI990.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭sailing

Tenger wrote: »
    when the info about IAG signing a contract for WiFi across the group it mentioned a number for Iberia A350s, (think it was 25) which was 9 over what wiki had for their orders.

I think it’s a no-brained that EI will get the A339neo at some point. That could be 6-10 years away though. The oldest -300 is 12 years old. LAX and DAA are currently 20 and 18 years old .
    Updated fleet plan says 2 more A330 in 2020 with 2 more before 2023. So perhaps replace the oldest -200s with new in 5-6 years?

Plan is for LAX and EWR to be replaced with 330 Neo’s in 2021. Subject to change I’m sure. Three units planned for that year. Two replacements which will be NEO’s and a normal additional 330.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

As a frequent traveller, I am glad to see this happening:

https://travelupdate.boardingarea.com/aer-lingus-mood-lighting/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

I would never have believed that such a minute detail could make a difference.

• Advertisement

https://travelupdate.boardingarea.com/aer-lingus-mood-lighting/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Yeah I noticed it on loads of the S/H fleet already, adds a nice touch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Where did you work out LBR was AOG in Bradley? LBR is in Shannon at the moment in maintenance.

If you are referring to the cancellation of EI130 on 03/04 this was due to crew illness and the operating airframe LBT positioned home empty the same evening as EI990.

LBR is back flying on its way to IAD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

As a fellow frequent traveller I don't get your enthusiasm, it doesn't make any difference to my personal enjoyment of a flight so I just don't get how airlines think it's going to be some sort of a deal breaker when choosing them ahead of another carrier who possibly doesn't have mood lighting, it wouldn't even feature on the list of things I like to see but if others like it, so be it.
    What does annoy me though are the carriers that insist we leave the window blinds closed for the entire flight because "it interferes with the mood lighting".

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭NH2013

As a fellow frequent traveller I don't get your enthusiasm, it doesn't make any difference to my personal enjoyment of a flight so I just don't get how airlines think it's going to be some sort of a deal breaker when choosing them ahead of another carrier who possibly doesn't have mood lighting, it wouldn't even feature on the list of things I like to see but if others like it, so be it.
    What does annoy me though are the carriers that insist we leave the window blinds closed for the entire flight because "it interferes with the mood lighting".

Well I think if the effect is as advertised and it makes the boarding less stressful and the cruise more relaxing etc, then you'll leave with a better taste in you mouth than had that not been the case, and in turn be more likely to rebook/recommend to others about a relaxing stress free flight you had etc.

So while the mood lights themselves may not be a reason for choosing to fly with an airline, if they make for a more pleasant flying experience it's worth a shot as it may lead to further rebookings/being able to increase the premium charged over competitors due to perceived relaxation.

NH2013 wrote: »
    Well I think if the effect is as advertised and it makes the boarding less stressful and the cruise more relaxing etc, then you'll leave with a better taste in you mouth than had that not been the case, and in turn be more likely to rebook/recommend to others about a relaxing stress free flight you had etc.

So while the mood lights themselves may not be a reason for choosing to fly with an airline, if they make for a more pleasant flying experience it's worth a shot as it may lead to further rebookings/being able to increase the premium charged over competitors due to perceived relaxation.

Would you pay a premium for mood lighting..?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

I don’t think anyone has suggested that, but people do pay a premium for an overall better in-flight experience (why some people pay more to fly EI over Ryanair). Incremental changes are the only way the overall product can be enhanced, it will add to the entire experience even if it’s not a specifically attributable element of it.

The LED lighting power consumption and weight vs the flourescent tubes and ballasts will probably pay for itself in fuel consumption over the lifetime of the frames getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

L1011 wrote: »
    The LED lighting power consumption and weight vs the flourescent tubes and ballasts will probably pay for itself in fuel consumption over the lifetime of the frames getting it.

Also the fluorescent tubes need to be relamped potentially more frequently than the LEDs - so one less service item to do (and having to reflect the panels at the same time)

I was on LH A319 & A320 a few days ago. It was very old school to see the oul tubes popping to life at different times across the length of the cabin. Versus my more typical experience seeing sky interior with Norwegian

Mood lighting is just a more modern improvement of lighting and is found in most parts of our lives now. On an aircraft it’s much nicer than that old yellow/white bulbs that would turn more yellowish as they aged and/or blink when reaching the end of their lives.
    You may not get the enthusiasm but it’s just another minor technology advancement and that’s a good thing in my books

• Advertisement

Tube phosphor coloured lighting is going to feel very dated / age an airframe quite soon.

Could have cases of 2012/3 delivered frames with worn factory/delivery fitted interiors looking aged beside late 1990s frames with replaced interior hardware and LED.

I don’t think anyone has suggested that, but people do pay a premium for an overall better in-flight experience (why some people pay more to fly EI over Ryanair). Incremental changes are the only way the overall product can be enhanced, it will add to the entire experience even if it’s not a specifically attributable element of it.

"..... it's worth a shot as it may lead to further rebookings/being able to increase the premium charged over competitors due to perceived relaxation."

But someone has suggested it...

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭NH2013

Not for mood lighting specifically no, but if based on experience I knew that the overall experience (boarding, cruise etc) on airline X was a calmer more relaxed affair than on competitor Y airline, then yes, I absolutely would be prepared to pay a premium, the premium I'd be prepared to pay may range from €10-€50-€100 depending on flight time, duration, departure/arrival time etc, but I can confidently say given the choice I'd rather fly on a calmer more pleasant airline in general, and if mood lighting is one of the things that adds to that perceived experience then great.

WX livery RJ85 tonight, BOB drinks only service.

The lack of physical space for passengers on these is something that EI pax are not used to since, well, when the original 146s went (many to WX). And the onboard service is a huge dip for those who travelled WX and put up with it by anesthetising themselves with a G&T.

But the flight was nearly full and the one before was full as far as I can tell (tried to book it and couldn't) so it seems plenty of people don't have the same problems I do. But I'll be booking BA where possible now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

BA I find are very good to fly with, almost ALWAYS on time, nice yet unfussy staff. I like too the T1/ Pier B experience. The gate clock is a nice quiet bar to wile away an hour, there is more space in the duty free and the gates after the morning rush are generally quiet. Much more relaxing then the trek down to pier A/D and even, more amenities and less of the busyness of T2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭VG31

Strumms wrote: »
    BA I find are very good to fly with, almost ALWAYS on time, nice yet unfussy staff. I like too the T1/ Pier B experience. The gate clock is a nice quiet bar to wile away an hour, there is more space in the duty free and the gates after the morning rush are generally quiet. Much more relaxing then the trek down to pier A/D and even, more amenities and less of the busyness of T2

BA use the 200 gates (Pier A), not Pier B.

• Advertisement

VG31 wrote: »

Correct, all BA flights use pier A(200s)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭liiga

New livery on A321LR

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

liiga wrote: »
    New livery on A321LR

Odd that is has the registration (EI-CPH) of one of the current A321s. Logo looks a little odd compared to the render of the existing A321s on the EI website too.

https://www.aerlingus.com/experience-aer-lingus/our-aircraft/airbus-a321/

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Kev11491

Odd that is has the registration (EI-CPH) of one of the current A321s. Logo looks a little odd compared to the render of the existing A321s on the EI website too.

https://www.aerlingus.com/experience-aer-lingus/our-aircraft/airbus-a321/

See they have the NEO engines on that model, if only..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Kev11491 wrote: »
    See they have the NEO engines on that model, if only..

May be taking you up wrong - perhaps you mean EI-CPH, but the A321LR is NEO, just with extra fuel tanks as well as a higher maximum take off weight.

• Advertisement

So its just a homemade rendition of the new livery on an A321LR uselage but lazily using an old reg.

I was told that EI-LRA is the possible reg on 1st delivery. I would like to see EI paying the premium for blocking off the 'LRx' series for their new delivery. Last few deliveries to EI just took whatever was next on the Irish registry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

That might be EI-CPH in the graphic but it is a A321NEO ACF as it has the new over wing exits and the doors forward of the wing removed and the doors rear of the wing moved back.

I've seen reference to the LRx range, should be available and the last two letters should not conflict.

Pity with didn't see SFO/SEA/IAD/MCO registered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

So its just a homemade rendition of the new livery on an A321LR uselage but lazily using an old reg.

I was told that EI-LRA is the possible reg on 1st delivery. I would like to see EI paying the premium for blocking off the 'LRx' series for their new delivery. Last few deliveries to EI just took whatever was next on the Irish registry.

All I saw was deffo LRA,B,C god knows what's next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

VG31 wrote: »

Ahh ok, thanks for letting me know. They must have moved, pity, that dreaded walk 😏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭VG31

Strumms wrote: »
    Ahh ok, thanks for letting me know. They must have moved, pity, that dreaded walk 😏

The walk to the furthest 200 gate is still shorter than the closest 100 gate so it's not that bad really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Not wanting to start months of speculation but have heard 4 new routes in 2020 (YUL included).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Any idea roughly when they would be announced Jamie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Any idea roughly when they would be announced Jamie?

No idea when (or specific routes) but possibly September onwards or when Airbus confirm delivery dates for 2020.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Not wanting to start months of speculation but have heard 4 new routes in 2020 (YUL included).

Didn’t EI say a new A330 in Q4 and another early 2020?
    Those could feasibly cover 2-3 new routes between them.
    With 4 A321LR due that could add another 2.
    The delayed Montreal will eventually launch in April/May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

No idea when (or specific routes) but possibly September onwards or when Airbus confirm delivery dates for 2020.

I'm preying ONE of them isn't another dull as dishwater announcement ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Let the months of speculation begin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Will EI-GEY have a new cabin refit for the new routes or will it be operated by A359s?? :-)

Bussywussy wrote: »
    Will EI-GEY have a new cabin refit for the new routes or will it be operated by A359s?? :-)

They’ll need both sorted to allow Vegas go double daily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

They’ll need both sorted to allow Vegas go double daily.

EI are currently awaiting approval from the IAA to do a low level sweep of the canyon prior to arrival in Vegas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

basill wrote: »
    EI are currently awaiting approval from the IAA to do a low level sweep of the canyon prior to arrival in Vegas.

Having perfected the flying technique over the Aran Islands, the Grand Canyon would be the way to go alright. :)

DxRJHmbWkAAvpBX.jpg

Is April Fools Day delayed this year.......
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

VEGAS BABY!!!!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Is April Fools Day delayed this year.......
    ;)

April 1st 2020: EI announces DUB-LAS Daily operated by 2 A350's named St Conor McGregor & St Paddy Hooligan Holohan.

• Advertisement

I believe it's more accurate to say inflight free drink is paid for by your employers customers, !

Anyway

EY is in BOD and ER is in AUH both maintainance, with ASL 737 in daily use EI are a bit tight for frames, is first A321lr still due in July? EIS on MSP?

A long summer ahead !

How long is EI-GEY out of service for? Any idea when it’s due back?

Edit: answering my own question, it seems to be back in service to IAD from the 18th.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement