Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭olive20

Tis Grand! Only here for few weeks and no point Omni wasting dollars. Must hop on for a trip next week and going try the ASL daily NY. All work of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

Making my first transatlantic trip on 23rd June Dublin to Boston. Is there anyway to find out what plane I'll be on? Seat Guru says A330-300 but looking at past flights looks like Aer Lingus swap between the A330-200 and the 300?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

ahbell wrote: »
    Making my first transatlantic trip on 23rd June Dublin to Boston. Is there anyway to find out what plane I'll be on? Seat Guru says A330-300 but looking at past flights looks like Aer Lingus swap between the A330-200 and the 300?

Can't see how Seat Guru would know....

Check the seat map of your flight on the Aer Lingus website and see whether it matches up with the -200 or -300. That should give you an idea of the aircraft you will be on.
    Of course there is no way of knowing completely until you actually see the plane at the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Let me know if it's either EI137 or EI139 and I'll know the operating aircraft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Why have Aer Lingus have been using 757s for the DUB-JFK route?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

3 flights a day in Summer

757 + 2 * 330

• Registered Users Posts: 17,705 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Lockheed wrote: »
    Why have Aer Lingus have been using 757s for the DUB-JFK route?

It's an extra flight for the summer months on top of the regular double A330 service.

It's going to be very interesting to see how it performs.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

lxflyer wrote: »
    It's an extra flight for the summer months on top of the regular double A330 service.

It's going to be very interesting to see how it performs.

Its a great idea and frees up some capacity on the two 330s from transiting pax

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Not to mention that you can be in the centre of Manhattan by lunchtime or anywhere on the east coast by mid afternoon.

Perfect for business people on tight deadlines and perfect for tourists that will get the extra time in.

I am sure this is a response to the United 22/23 flight that takes off at 0900.

• Advertisement

I can't see this hitting united that much, the day return is a different market.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Suspect AA will suffer more, considering they withdrew planned increased capacity soon after it was announced!

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I can't see this hitting united that much, the day return is a different market.

I never said anything about this hitting United.

I never said anything about this hitting United.

No, but you said this :

If its a response its obviously not going to support the rival service???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Given EI's load factor and desire to generate more connecting traffic, the 757 option provides a bump in capacity which releases pressure elsewhere (full house in economy is common) and also makes reaching some locations in the US a lot earlier in the day that any other flight option

Arrive JFK 10:20 and last flight home is 21:00, no customs hassles you can almost have a day in NYC!

No, but you said this :

If its a response its obviously not going to support the rival service???

Then If didnt say it would hit United why did you say it would and then admit that I actually didnt say it? Perhaps think before you type!

The departure time of United's flight at 0900 is a winner for them and it is possibly something that EI have noticed and have decided to take advantage of. Also it is a lot easier to get from JFK into Manhattan than it is from EWR, where United operate to. Again this will not hit United, not that I ever said that it would!

Then If didnt say it would hit United why did you say it would and then admit that I actually didnt say it? Perhaps think before you type!
    So your saying it won't hit united? Its not a response so? I gave my opinion that it won't hit them that much. Maybe you should take your own advice
    The departure time of United's flight at 0900 is a winner for them and it is possibly something that EI have noticed and have decided to take advantage of. Also it is a lot easier to get from JFK into Manhattan than it is from EWR, where United operate to. Again this will not hit United, not that I ever said that it would!

Show me where I said that you said it will hit united? Can't find it? Surprise surprise.
    Also I have heard different on the Manhattan thing, certain parts are easier to access from EWR, others from JFK. EWR does have a disadvantage in terms of taxi transport, you must pay a fee to cross state lines (in this case NJ into NY)

So your saying it won't hit united? Its not a response so? I gave my opinion that it won't hit them that much. Maybe you should take your own advice

Show me where I said that you said it will hit united? Can't find it? Surprise surprise.
    Also I have heard different on the Manhattan thing, certain parts are easier to access from EWR, others from JFK. EWR does have a disadvantage in terms of taxi transport, you must pay a fee to cross state lines (in this case NJ into NY)

Jesus man you brought this up in the first place about United after my point. Do you want to argue the point into the ground or something?

Jesus man you brought this up in the first place about United after my point. Do you want to argue the point into the ground or something?

I made a point and you seemed to think it implied that you said the exact opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,705 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Lads, any chance you could both drop this?

It's detracting from an interesting thread!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Indeed. Lets get back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

A lot of angst aboard these parts cut it out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Let me know if it's either EI137 or EI139 and I'll know the operating aircraft.

Thanks for that - I'm on 139 going out and 138 coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Thanks for that - I'm on 139 going out and 138 coming back.

You'll be on an A330-200 :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Ehh, anyone know what happened here ?

Locker10a wrote: »
    Ehh, anyone know what happened here ?

Error it should be EI 4797 which is a charter and EI 799 is the normal scheduled service.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Error it should be EI 4797 which is a charter and EI 799 is the normal scheduled service.

Aw I thought it went tech or crew out of hours or something because of the delay but I see what's happened now

Locker10a wrote: »
    Aw I thought it went tech or crew out of hours or something because of the delay but I see what's happened now

Any flights with a 4 before it is a charter.

They also operate
    Monastir - Friday Afternoon
    Bodrum - Sunday Afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 25,320 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I hope that with the EI takeover at least they can sort out whatever is causing the ongoing catering issues that are still a problem. Flew to NCE on the 1850 flight last night and zero catering for what I'm guessing was about a flight with 80% load factor. The crew were frustrated and encouraged us to write into the company which I will be doing.

In fairness to the crew they were very apologetic and brilliant under the circumstances... Making up platters out of whatever was left... Crisps.. Sweets etc and dishing them out throughout the flight as well as frequent water runs....

If that sort of craic continues they need not worry about fleet upgrades as they won't have the money to pay for them as people will flocking to the competition.

• Advertisement

These catering issues seem to be drawn out a long time, how hard it to organise a few crisps sandwiches on a plane?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement