Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Penalty

Strumms wrote: »
    I hope that with the EI takeover at least they can sort out whatever is causing the ongoing catering issues that are still a problem. Flew to NCE on the 1850 flight last night and zero catering for what I'm guessing was about a flight with 80% load factor. The crew were frustrated and encouraged us to write into the company which I will be doing.

In fairness to the crew they were very apologetic and brilliant under the circumstances... Making up platters out of whatever was left... Crisps.. Sweets etc and dishing them out throughout the flight as well as frequent water runs....

If that sort of craic continues they need not worry about fleet upgrades as they won't have the money to pay for them as people will flocking to the competition.

Flew this route last year and has the exact same experience.

I flew back in the afternoon and there was nothing on the flight to eat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Carnacalla wrote: »
    These catering issues seem to be drawn out a long time, how hard it to organise a few crisps sandwiches on a plane?

Not very. But the company will not allow it, a direct result of 60 staff being offloaded from Catering.

The new system is All Day Bars, and a such items run out which is unacceptable IMO. Aer Lingus aren't cheap, and the quality food onboard should at least be available.

The only way this will change will be if customers continue to write in with complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The catering is like that on so many flights! It puts CC in an awful position, which is terrible because they cant do much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Saw the Omni 767 at work this morning and the two shade shamrock on the engine cowlings have been removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

I was talking to a member of ei cabin crew who did a Canaries flight over the weekend and no food on board either. She said the abuse the crew got was terrible. Serious issue on a 4+ hour flight though especially if you have hungry children.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

BZ wrote: »
    Saw the Omni 767 at work this morning and the two shade shamrock on the engine cowlings have been removed.

Thank god, it looks awful in person. The decals look really cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

Thank god, it looks awful in person. The decals look really cheap.

I might see it in Boston this day next week, will try get a photo of the slightly less atrocious scheme.

River Song wrote: »
    I might see it in Boston this day next week, will try get a photo of the slightly less atrocious scheme.

I'll take a few pics tomorrow for everyone to see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

Photo of pre Shamrock removal from Clare Herald.

SNN%20WAW%20Plane%2033.jpg

Aer-Lingus-Omni-Shannon-1.jpg

http://imgur.com/RVjxTnJ

I won't embed the picture as my phone takes HUGE pictures. Best I could do today, I'll take better over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

So no Shamrock on the engines? No harm, they did look awful. To remove the Shamrock would the engines of had to be repainted? Or was it a sticker? Anyway it's 2 weeks into a 12 week lease.

Wonder will that 767 return next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They were stickers

Carnacalla wrote: »
    So no Shamrock on the engines? No harm, they did look awful. To remove the Shamrock would the engines of had to be repainted? Or was it a sticker? Anyway it's 2 weeks into a 12 week lease.

Wonder will that 767 return next year?

They were just really awful decals, anytime I looked at them they looked like a child was let loose with safety scissors.

Anyone been on the 767 yet? Particularly the new business class?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Lockheed

How many hours on average is the short-haul, long-haul, and regional fleet used?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Lockheed wrote: »
    How many hours on average is the short-haul, long-haul, and regional fleet used?

I'm not 100% what you mean, as in daily usage?
    Hard to judge and it would differ greatly.

I remember back when EI had an aircraft based in IAD, it was the highest utilisation of any widebody. 19-20 hours flying per 24 hour period.

Any of the EI T/A aircraft would be doing minimum of 13 hours per day (ie DUB-BOS-DUB)

Shorthaul it a lot more varied as an aircraft could do 8 sectors to UK/LHR or 4 sectors to/from Europe, or just 2 sectors to the Canaries/Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Tenger wrote: »
    Hard to jude and itwould differ greatly.

I remember back when EI had an aircraft based in IAD, it was the highest utilisation of any widebody. 19-20 hours flying per 24 hour period.

Any of the EI T/A aircraft would be doing minimum of 13 hours per day (ie DUB-BOS-DUB)

Shorthaul it a lot more varied as an aircraft could do 8 sectors to UK/LHR or 4 sectors to/from Europe, or just 2 sectors to the Canaries/Turkey.
    sorry, accidentally replied on my dad's account lol
    I just meant how many hours out of 24 the fleet is used on average

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Tenger wrote: »
    Hard to judge and it would differ greatly.

Surly the Canaries and Turkish aircraft could be utilised before or after these rotations? Same for 4 sector days! Like DUB-CDG-DUB-ACE-DUB ? Wouldn't that surly be better utilisation! I know there is always a stanby aircraft too

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭A319er

Really no there isn't always one, wish there was but not the last three summers
    Sure at times I.e. First wave there is one but even that's rare ,
    May next year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I've seen them hire in aircraft from Titan at Stansted before

• Registered Users Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Locker10a wrote: »
    Surly the Canaries and Turkish aircraft could be utilised before or after these rotations? Same for 4 sector days! Like DUB-CDG-DUB-ACE-DUB ? Wouldn't that surly be better utilisation! I know there is always a stanby aircraft too

They are well used.

Today DUB-FCO-DUB-ACE-DUB

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Locker10a wrote: »
    Surly the Canaries and Turkish aircraft could be utilised before or after these rotations? Same for 4 sector days! Like DUB-CDG-DUB-ACE-DUB ? Wouldn't that surly be better utilisation! I know there is always a standby aircraft too
    The aircraft are never just lying around. You could find that the aircraft that is 'standby' in the morning may be planned for 4 sectors in the afternoon/evening. Often the 'standby' aircraft is actually getting light maintenance performed, ie. light enough that it can be make ready in under an hour if required.

I guess you would need to trawl thru the EI FY results to find an average hours metric.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

A319er wrote: »
    Really no there isn't always one, wish there was but not the last three summers
    Sure at times I.e. First wave there is one but even that's rare ,
    May next year!

this year and last year none, FCC the year before but that was too unreliable.next year i dunno,EZW and EZV will come back in shamrock colours before end of year and CPE will be retired.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Bussywussy wrote: »
    this year and last year none, FCC the year before but that was too unreliable.next year i dunno,EZW and EZV will come back in shamrock colours before end of year and CPE will be retired.

I thought they wanted to expand the a321 fleet ? Are they now settled on the 2 extra 320s

Bussywussy wrote: »

Don't see them coming to EI, they want larger especially if it's a seasonal lease.

Will they try sell CPE again or scrap?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭zone 1

have AL any planes for upgrading with new 320s or 321s.. or we just wait for for the 350s

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Don't see them coming to EI, they want larger especially if it's a seasonal lease.

Will they try sell CPE again or scrap?

Already saw it they are coming back and will be repainted

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

I'm gonna guess and say there'll be 4 a321s procured soon enough, if EI stick to their fleet plan published in last years report.

If they get rid of CPE that is.

• Advertisement

Razor44 wrote: »
    I'm gonna guess and say there'll be 4 a321s procured soon enough, if EI stick to their fleet plan published in last years report.

If they get rid of CPE that is.

They have stated A321's for some time so I think the same, no issues filling them in summer!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement