Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If there's any slots handed over at LHR in the EU concessions, they'll want a few more than planned for DUB-LHR alone I'd think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

EI's slots at LHR could be under threat Ml McNamara (lab) has warned.The Clare TD who had the whip withdrawn because he voted against the deal says the EU could force IAG to hand over slots as part of the deal. I think the TD will be disappointed if this does not happen and he's proved right, guarrenting his seat in an election.
    This was in yesterday's Examiner, can't link it, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,753 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

roundymac wrote: »
    EI's slots at LHR could be under threat Ml McNamara (lab) has warned.The Clare TD who had the whip withdrawn because he voted against the deal says the EU could force IAG to hand over slots as part of the deal. I think the TD will be disappointed if this does not happen and he's proved right, guarrenting his seat in an election.
    This was in yesterday's Examiner, can't link it, sorry.

Someone should point out to him that if anything it's the BA slots that would be at risk, or maybe he doesn't know that BA fly into Ireland.

He dos'nt care, he's sh1t stirring, any thing to make look good.:mad: TDs know eff all about aviation and a lot of other things to boot. As Rick Stein the chef said on tv once, your "MPs" really do know the price of a pig. That about sums it up really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

At least McNamara and Dooley know Shannon Airport is in County Clare. Unless you use Eircode.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

roundymac wrote: »
    He dos'nt care, he's sh1t stirring, any thing to make look good.:mad: TDs know eff all about aviation and a lot of other things to boot. As Rick Stein the chef said on tv once, your "MPs" really do know the price of a pig. That about sums it up really.

He is standing up for his constituency, something very rare now. Of course he hasn't got a clue about this issue and I infact think he should just shut his face and stop embarrassing himself now, but I don't see any other TD's showing their discontent at any of the government ideas, he definitely deserves to be applauded for his balls and the way he goes about things. Leaving a party and making it look like a "hero" to some extent is an admirable skill.

Labour are going to bear the brunt of any backlash aginst the present government, he's just watching his back.
    Sorry for drifting off thread.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

zone 1 wrote: »
    have AL any planes for upgrading with new 320s or 321s.. or we just wait for for the 350s

Currently no orders in place for A320 fleet renewal. CUrrent CEO then say (in March 2014) that EI were actively examining their options for fleet renewal, specifically mentioning both A320neo and B737MAX.

Fleet plan presented in Sept 2014 showed A319's being replaced by A321's over the next 3-5 years. No increase in numbers indicated but a slight capacity increase. Of course all that info is a bit obsolete at present due to the IAG takeover.

In relation to the thread drift, that TD was a independatn before and he looks to be in pre-election mode already.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Any idea what's causing all the delays to Aer Lingus flights today ?

Locker10a wrote: »
    Any idea what's causing all the delays to Aer Lingus flights today ?

I'd imagine it's the wind at DUB causing these delays. 2 Aer Lingus flights were diverted to Shannon earlier today due to delays at Dublin.

• Advertisement

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's the wind at DUB causing these delays. 2 Aer Lingus flights were diverted to Shannon earlier today due to delays at Dublin.

Aw ok thanks for the info!! See there are lots of 40min - 1hour+ delays on flights

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Not so much the wind, the two EI's diverted earlier due to running low on fuel from the RWY change

• Registered Users Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Today seems like a good day if you base on previous days/

billie1b wrote: »
    Not so much the wind, the two EI's diverted earlier due to running low on fuel from the RWY change

Why did the runway change?

Why did the runway change?

Change of wind direction

Change of wind direction

So it was the wind

So it was the wind

No, there's a difference in change of wind direction and wind causing delays, the RWY change upset about 6 flights arriving on time, with 2 having to divert due to low fuel, if it was wind delays almost all flights would be delayed or diverting due to weather not fuel

The wind caused delays because it changed direction which caused a RWY change. This delayed arrivals and 2 with Low fuel ultimately diverted.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Today seems like a good day if you base on previous days/

I picked out 5 random European EI flights on flight radar and all had over a 60 or 90 min delay ! I'd hate to see a bad day if that's good

The wind caused delays because it changed direction which caused a RWY change. This delayed arrivals and 2 with Low fuel ultimately diverted.

Ok cool, if you say so

• Advertisement

Ok cool, if you say so

So the wind didn't cause the delays?

This statement is not incorrect. -"The wind caused the delays ". If there had been no change in the wind would the runways have changed?

It confuses me as to why this is being disputed.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

But really... what caused the wind to change? That's the real culprit I reckon. God has a lot to answer for today.

So the wind didn't cause the delays?

This statement is not incorrect. -"The wind caused the delays ". If there had been no change in the wind would the runways have changed?

It confuses me as to why this is being disputed.

Change of RWY caused the delays, every airline has a list of delays from numbers/letters ranging from 1 to 99, they all state specific delay reasons to put through. A change of RWY direction is a totally different delay than wind delays, thats thd way it is unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The flight delay if it was down to wind as in weather would have been coded as a weather delay at the destination airport and have a specific delay code to reflect that. A change of runway for whatever reason wind or otherwise is not coded in this manner and the delay would be attributed otherwise. The code and the terminology associated with the delay will vary from airline to airline slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

How long was the holding delays? Seems excessive to have diversions just due to a change in runway.

smurfjed wrote: »
    How long was the holding delays? Seems excessive to have diversions just due to a change in runway.

10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

10 minutes
    Wow.... I wonder if anyone has done a cost analysis of diversions against carrying an extra 15 minutes of holding fuel.

Is there such a thing as Captains discretion anymore?

Apologies Billie1b, it appears I may have been wrong with my terminology.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

smurfjed wrote: »
    Wow.... I wonder if anyone has done a cost analysis of diversions against carrying an extra 15 minutes of holding fuel.

Is there such a thing as Captains discretion anymore?
    It seems to be slowly getting eroded in this era of accountancy led mgmt in aviation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

Tenger wrote: »
    It seems to be slowly getting eroded in this era of accountancy led mgmt in aviation.

Irrespective of company drummings thou shall take target fuel, the final fuel load decision is solely down to the Captain, not your employer....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement