Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Computer Science Student

How big can the bag be that you carry-on and can I bring an extra laptop bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Tenger wrote: »
    I guessing they want a standard cabin on their A330s. (standard ish)
    Maybe the slimline seats are designed for the narrow body?

That’s fair enough, the A330 was always going to continue with the Recaro seat found on previous deliveries as that’s the IAG standard.

This is more about the interior colour scheme which shouldn’t really be affected by seat product.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

I guessing they want a standard cabin on their A330s. (standard ish)
    Maybe the slimline seats are designed for the narrow body?

I would imagine it's also a very different underlying seat structure and support system as you have groups of 2-4-2 vs 3-3.

How big can the bag be that you carry-on and can I bring an extra laptop bag?

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=aer+lingus+cabin+baggage+allowance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

FR206 wrote: »
    The sequencing brings rhyme to the reasoning in flight numbers. Eastbound departures are comprised of even numbers and conversely westbound departures are oddly numbered. In addition to this, flights numbers pertaining to the same routing / point-to-point are generally numbered in sequential blocks which helps capture frequency of services. I.e. you will observe in high frequency routes that flight numbers ascend as the day progresses.

Taking your typical DUB-LHR daily schedule will kick off with the 152 early morning service ex DUB and as the day goes on each LHR flight will be numbered 154/156/158/162/164...178/184/186. Meanwhile the alternating services from LHR to DUB sequence from 149/151/153...175/177/179 etc.

You will see likewise across the network such as 602/4/8/610 for AMS. On thinner routes with just 2 services a day (morning and evening) you can observe that the morning departure is numbered at the lower end of the block whilst the late evening one is higher. I.e. morning Berlin rotation is 330/1 whereas the evening one is 338/9 - arguably having logical scope to add addition frequencies during the day within the block. Bucket and spade routes have similar convention applied such as FAO/AGP/PMI which may have seasonal frequency and capacity changes.

North American flights have a noteworthy exception to the ascending flight number practise as the corresponding return flight back to Ireland is the lower consecutive number I.e. 105 DUB JFK returns as 104 service the same day (local time). I would theory that this is to capture the local time offset for GMT as the inbound service (often landing next day GMT) has occurred prior to the departure of the daily outbound in UTC. The ascending flight number convention for departures isn’t compromised by this. I.e 137/139 for morning and afternoon BOS bound flights which conversely return to Dublin as 136/138 respectively.

Thanks for the insight into all that but I'm guessing that the theory this numbering system is of more interest to the airlines and their operations departments than the traveling public who really only want to travel from A to B.
    I'm a reasonably frequent flyer and the only things that interest me are the timings and sometimes the price, the actual flight number is of no interest to me whatever carrier I choose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

The numbering is actually helpful

As a frequent flyer I know immediately for a EU flight if the last digit is high/medium/low the rough time of day

There is a some strangeness and hints to plans in the numbers, the numbering for Paris/Amsterdam/Madrid/Dusseldorf all leave space for a overnighting aircraft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Thanks for the insight into all that but I'm guessing that the theory this numbering system is of more interest to the airlines and their operations departments than the traveling public who really only want to travel from A to B.
    I'm a reasonably frequent flyer and the only things that interest me are the timings and sometimes the price, the actual flight number is of no interest to me whatever carrier I choose.

As the original poster, I think I need to reply to you on this.

Like most things in life, different things interest different people. Aviation is no different.

Apart from a love of flying, scheduling and the way in which airlines organise their operations have always interested me and I know of others that it interests too.

Hence I posted the change in the system being used, (although I certainly accept that I should have included the full explainer and historical context in the first post), as it may have been of interest to some.

Most of the travelling public can find the information you mention above in the the travel forum, but as this is the aviation forum which encompasses the whole spectrum of flying operations right down to the systems behind it, I posted it here. If it's of no interest to you, then fair enough, but someone else may be interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I love following flight numbers as it gives me an idea of what the aircraft might be, and in the case of Emirates, which flights are A380's and best avoided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Speaking of 330 seating I don’t believe EI had an intention to implement the same design as the NEO they want two different styles for wide body and narrow, the 330 HGW’s will soon have replaced seat cushioning on West Coast then to be implemented on all 330s to provide increased comfort - in Business Class bedding will be introduced with improved blankets.

The delayed introduction of complimentary wine and beer seems to be as a result of clearing the weight of carts for stowage for safe manual handling. This is causing somewhat of an issue on the NEO due to lack of storage space as a result of going with space flex - I believe for the 321neoXLR the galley choice is being reviewed.

As a result of issues well discussed on here regarding the current NEOs it’s envisaged that they will eventually replace CPE/CPG/CPH with Door 3 added and converted to economy configuration with extra capacity versus the current Y212. Time frame could be by 2025.

XLR is a much better fit for EI and sounder design as replacement for B757.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

There is a some strangeness and hints to plans in the numbers, the numbering for Paris/Amsterdam/Madrid/Dusseldorf all leave space for a overnighting aircraft.

Would I be right in thinking these routes, in the past would have had an aircraft overnight? And actually on that note, out of interest what Euro overnights did EI cover in the past ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Locker10a wrote: »
    Would I be right in thinking these routes, in the past would have had an aircraft overnight? And actually on that note, out of interest what Euro overnights did EI cover in the past ?

Paris and Amsterdam from memory.

Locker10a wrote: »

AMS - EI601 arrived in Dublin just before 9am
    CDG - EI519 same as above
    ZRH - EI661 (now EI34X range) arrived into Dublin after 9am.

Hopefully some Euro overnights could be back if capacity strains continue in Dublin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

smurfjed wrote: »
    I love following flight numbers as it gives me an idea of what the aircraft might be, and in the case of Emirates, which flights are A380's and best avoided.

Hi Smurfjed
    Curious as to why you want to avoid the Emirates A380s?
    I usually go out of my way to make sure I am on a A380 and not a B777 when on Emirates?

Also what is their sequencing number that distinguishes the B77s from the A380s? (I tried to look, but I can't find any pattern!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bx737

Jack1985 wrote: »
    AMS - EI601 arrived in Dublin just before 9am
    CDG - EI519 same as above
    ZRH - EI661 (now EI34X range) arrived into Dublin after 9am.

Hopefully some Euro overnights could be back if capacity strains continue in Dublin!

They also overnighted aircraft in Birmingham (EI268/761), MAN(218/201), STN (458/441), KIR (I cant remember the flight number, but I think it was in the 02X series), SNN (087/082 if memory serves) and GWY (058/051)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

LXFlyer wrote: »
    As the original poster, I think I need to reply to you on this.

Like most things in life, different things interest different people. Aviation is no different.

Apart from a love of flying, scheduling and the way in which airlines organise their operations have always interested me and I know of others that it interests too.

Hence I posted the change in the system being used, (although I certainly accept that I should have included the full explainer and historical context in the first post), as it may have been of interest to some.

Most of the travelling public can find the information you mention above in the the travel forum, but as this is the aviation forum which encompasses the whole spectrum of flying operations right down to the systems behind it, I posted it here. If it's of no interest to you, then fair enough, but someone else may be interested.

Apologies if you think my response meant that your explanation was of no interest to anyone, I didn't mean for it to come across like that. In fact it was me who asked for an explanation of the numbering system and I also thanked the person who provided it but the point I was (clumsily) trying to make is that I believe the numbering system is of little or no interest to passengers when they book a flight.
    When I book a flight the main things I look for are the timings, I want to go in the morning and return in the evening, once the timings are right I don't really care (or even notice) what the flight numbers are as they're completely irrelevant to me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

LXFlyer wrote: »
    I see a little rejigging of the sequencing of the Aer Lingus flight numbers is going taking place when the summer timetables kick in from March 29, using free numbering that was previously used for domestic routes.

The North America west coast flights will change as below:

DUB/LAX/DUB - EI145/144 to EI069/068
    DUB/SFO/DUB - EI146/147 to EI061/060
    DUB/SEA/DUB - EI142/143 to EI053/052

Incidentally, the basic pattern of Aer Lingus flight numbering was established by former Taoiseach Garrett Fitzgerald when he worked for Aer Lingus donkey's years ago.

What?! NOOO! I've been so used to 146/147 for the past number of years... It's been such a bridge to home that this flight number has become part of the family! :P

Can't be dealing with that!

FR206 wrote: »
    The sequencing brings rhyme to the reasoning in flight numbers. Eastbound departures are comprised of even numbers and conversely westbound departures are oddly numbered. In addition to this, flights numbers pertaining to the same routing / point-to-point are generally numbered in sequential blocks which helps capture frequency of services. I.e. you will observe in high frequency routes that flight numbers ascend as the day progresses.
    <snip>

Genuinely one of the most informative posts I've read on boards FR206. Thank you!

Speaking of 330 seating I don’t believe EI had an intention to implement the same design as the NEO they want two different styles for wide body and narrow, the 330 HGW’s will soon have replaced seat cushioning on West Coast then to be implemented on all 330s to provide increased comfort - in Business Class bedding will be introduced with improved blankets.

<snip>

Thank god for that! The arse-numbness on the San Francisco flight is real! That last hour or so! Thank you Aer Lingus for recognising this! :D

Part of me sincerely hopes EI are considering adding Premium Economy sometime soon, especially for product parity as they join the AA/BA/IB/AY joint venture. AA and IB have a successful W product on their A330s so we know it can be done, I assumed AerSpace and a foray in to more premium products might be a precursor to Premium Economy but I haven't heard anything more since it launched, is it performing well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Part of me sincerely hopes EI are considering adding Premium Economy sometime soon, especially for product parity as they join the AA/BA/IB/AY joint venture. AA and IB have a successful W product on their A330s so we know it can be done, I assumed AerSpace and a foray in to more premium products might be a precursor to Premium Economy but I haven't heard anything more since it launched, is it performing well?

AA's A332s have the optimum layout for transatlantic imo with the mix of J/PE/MCE offering upsells everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Bx737 wrote: »
    They also overnighted aircraft in Birmingham (EI268/761), MAN(218/201), STN (458/441), KIR (I cant remember the flight number, but I think it was in the 02X series), SNN (087/082 if memory serves) and GWY (058/051)

An ATR still overnights at KIR for the 7.30 flight to DUB

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Ive always held the opinion that EI are missing a trick with PE. DUB-MCO when first launched operated similar to their DUB-AGP route with an upgrade for the seats up front. (then they realised their was a market for a well priced J Class on the route) The Summer A330 flights to Europe show that their are ppl willing to upgrade their product.

Im guessing that EI are loath to have PE because it would involve a re-config of the aircraft which may not be easily deployable across the network.
    In addition with the standardisation in EI soft product adding PE or Y+ would require more resources in their catering/cabin crew numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

PE on the SFO route would be like catnip to the regulars. The business class always seems to be oversubscribed too so it’s not like they’d be eating into that customer base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I doubt we will see it in the medium term. New aircraft inbound and no mention of it as a product. Pity really, I quite like the Premium Plus on United.

Ive always held the opinion that EI are missing a trick with PE. DUB-MCO when first launched operated similar to their DUB-AGP route with an upgrade for the seats up front. (then they realised their was a market for a well priced J Class on the route) The Summer A330 flights to Europe show that their are ppl willing to upgrade their product.

Im guessing that EI are loath to have PE because it would involve a re-config of the aircraft which may not be easily deployable across the network.
    In addition with the standardisation in EI soft product adding PE or Y+ would require more resources in their catering/cabin crew numbers.

This it the thing though, a lot of the elements are already in place. EI already has a more premium sub-business class catering option in the paid-for meals. Three rows of PE at the front of Y would be only 21 seats/meals.

AA/IB don’t have dedicated PE cabin crew, it’s the same Y crew who do both. Service delivery times are the same between Y and PE it’s just a slightly elevated service with better food for PE, I don’t think it’d actually be that hard to offer.

True enough.
    Under the previous CEO the focus was on offering "bundling options"

Y class ticket, pay for the upgraded meal, lounge access, onboard WiFi and priority boarding and its Y+.

Regards crew, I didn't mean dedicated crew but more the additional workload that comes from having PE. The A321 is still trialling 4 and 5 crew as is. The A330 is on minimum crew of 8, with 3 in J Class for most of the flite.

While Y+ wouldnt add much effort, PE would.
    On that point my mates in EI say that having all the upgraded meals close to each other would actually be easier for them. They say that the flows well but that dietary & upgraded meals can be a source of friction in the flow.
    Only 1 of my mates is on the A321neo so don't have too much info on that except "run off my feet"

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭sherology

True enough.
    Under the previous CEO the focus was on offering "bundling options"

Y class ticket, pay for the upgraded meal, lounge access, onboard WiFi and priority boarding and its Y+.

Regards crew, I didn't mean dedicated crew but more the additional workload that comes from having PE. The A321 is still trialling 4 and 5 crew as is. The A330 is on minimum crew of 8, with 3 in J Class for most of the flite.

While Y+ wouldnt add much effort, PE would.
    On that point my mates in EI say that having all the upgraded meals close to each other would actually be easier for them. They say that the flows well but that dietary & upgraded meals can be a source of friction in the flow.
    Only 1 of my mates is on the A321neo so don't have too much info on that except "run off my feet"

Get rid of that stupid duty free service from flights - the weight vs. profit vs. effort can't be worth the few sales... Especially after 3hrs in a shopping center (disguised as an airport)... And it's just another trolley blocking the aisle and keeping the lights on.

The 'Choice' seats on Longhaul really should be 34in legroom seats, as a section of no PE is coming, and bundle in the priority/premium meals etc. and charge for it all. People do have money (not me)... Amazes me. How they pay for priority etc. currently and get little for the money. Outstations tend not to even check during boarding. Cheaper fares can of course buy nicer meals or pay for early boarding if they have the money.

I get the unbundling... But I think you're seeing a move to bundled again to make delivery easier and the customer tangably getting more room/food/beverages for more money.

In terms of crew run off their feet... Serving buy-on-board customers on shorthaul where your slapping stuff all over the place and up and down to the ovens and water heaters has got to be more work than 'chicken or beef'. Canary Island flights seem waaay more work than transatlantic.

sherology wrote: »
    Get rid of that stupid duty free service from flights - the weight vs. profit vs. effort can't be worth the few sales... Especially after 3hrs in a shopping center (disguised as an airport)... And it's just another trolley blocking the aisle and keeping the lights on.

The 'Choice' seats on Longhaul really should be 34in legroom seats, as a section of no PE is coming, and bundle in the priority/premium meals etc. and charge for it all. People do have money (not me)... Amazes me. How they pay for priority etc. currently and get little for the money. Outstations tend not to even check during boarding. Cheaper fares can of course buy nicer meals or pay for early boarding if they have the money.

I get the unbundling... But I think you're seeing a move to bundled again to make delivery easier and the customer tangably getting more room/food/beverages for more money.

In terms of crew run off their feet... Serving buy-on-board customers on shorthaul where your slapping stuff all over the place and up and down to the ovens and water heaters has got to be more work than 'chicken or beef'. Canary Island flights seem waaay more work than transatlantic.

Even if it is more work they've obviously done the cost-benefit analysis and found it's more profitable, the crew are paid the same whether they're down the back or in the aisles. I'd imagine the majority of people going to the Canaries are price-sensitive when booking, but more likely to spend on-board when they're in the holiday mood, I'd say they make half their revenue for that flight in on-board sales. A mid-haul product (say, meals included) for flights ~4 hours would cost significantly more up-front and they wouldn't sell nearly as many seats or make as much profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Even if it is more work they've obviously done the cost-benefit analysis and found it's more profitable, the crew are paid the same whether they're down the back or in the aisles. I'd imagine the majority of people going to the Canaries are price-sensitive when booking, but more likely to spend on-board when they're in the holiday mood, I'd say they make half their revenue for that flight in on-board sales. A mid-haul product (say, meals included) for flights ~4 hours would cost significantly more up-front and they wouldn't sell nearly as many seats or make as much profit.

My wife right here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

The duty free needs to go on TATL, whats the point you cannot even sell stuff ex Dublin due pre clearance. That saves a trolley and a huge lump of weight

Same thing on short haul, the sales are so low that they cannot cover the fuel cost to lug the trolley around.

Then there is a huge back office saving in having to support all this stuff. Actually shocked the bean counters haven't twigged this yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭sherology

My point was TATL seems less work heavy than the shorthaul as food is just doled out as is. Remove the duty free nonsense (on all flights... Which SAS et Al are doing), and it's one less piece of old-school nonsense to give everyone a breather

• Advertisement

The duty free needs to go on TATL, whats the point you cannot even sell stuff ex Dublin due pre clearance. That saves a trolley and a huge lump of weight

Same thing on short haul, the sales are so low that they cannot cover the fuel cost to lug the trolley around.

Then there is a huge back office saving in having to support all this stuff. Actually shocked the bean counters haven't twigged this yet.

But do you actually have the figures to back that up? Is the duty free totally loss making and a waste of time and weight !?
    I know in other airlines they removed some of it for certain flights. For example on canaries flights they loaded booze and cigs in atlas boxes that wouldn’t obviously be loaded on other euro flights. But you need to have the galley space to go with this option.
    I’d say on certain routes there’s still a fair revenue made from onboard shopping.
    Airlines like Ryanair, Easyjey, Jet2, Tui, BA, all carry a range of onboard shopping/duty free. So the maths must add up somewhere. Otherwise they simply wouldn’t do so.

sherology wrote: »
    My point was TATL seems less work heavy than the shorthaul as food is just doled out as is. Remove the duty free nonsense (on all flights... Which SAS et Al are doing), and it's one less piece of old-school nonsense to give everyone a breather

I think the difference between and transatlantic and canaries flights is the emphasis on service flow and time. A canaries flight is straightforward, you take off and the crew have the guts of 3.5/4 hours to go through the cabin at a relaxed pace and offer items for purchase. A TA has a more controlled service flow especially for business class, like on a night flight, most people will want to try and rest, but there’s a meal included so there’s an obligation to serve everyone that meal and drink and then dim the lights to let people rest and then serve the breakfast snack before landing etc while also encompassing the legal nutritional/rest break for the crew. The “rushed off feet” is probably not because the service is extra demanding but the time in which it must be carried out is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

I have absolutely no doubt that Aer Lingus, like other airlines, have regularly run the numbers on the duty free offering. If a saving is to be made by axing it, you can be sure Aer Lingus would drop it tomorrow!

In fleet news, both EI-EIN and EI-LRD have had their customer acceptance flights.

I agree. I dont see how the Duty Free is still making money (with the rise in online shopping) but Im sure the financial people are looking at that side of the business.

Remember the statement from Ryanair that there have 400 Centra's in the air evveryday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

In regards to duty free, must of it would be last minute gifts if you forgot to get something in the airport,

The only airline I seen people duty free in crazy numbers was Japan airlines, nearly everyone around me bought something and I can tell you their range was not air lingus or Ryan air prices it was Brown Tomes gear and prices,

I fly a lot and never once bought duty free,

However I am week for a airlingus bacan and Sussage sandwich

I agree. I dont see how the Duty Free is still making money (with the rise in online shopping) but Im sure the financial people are looking at that side of the business.

Remember the statement from Ryanair that there have 400 Centra's in the air evveryday!!!

I worked for an airline once who refused to add a particular instruction placard onto the back of exit row tray tables citing “weight” as the reason, the same airline apparently had specific AED casing designed before they started carrying defibs onboard... again weight ! Yet this airline still carry a fully stocked cart of shopping products, heavy bottles of perfume, watches etc. So that should answer that! It must be worth the weight!
    I know a UK airline who stopped certain duty free from certain bases, I think anywhere north of Manchester (inclusive) still offer full duty free, litres of voddy, fags, the lot, while Southern and European bases don’t!
    They worked it out based on passenger demographic and inclination to buy!
    I believe Aer Lingus Regional did something similar, I could be wrong here but I believe the only route to sell duty free on the ATR is ORK-JER. Again because it was quickly figured out that Cork pax love duty free and will purchase it!
    What will probably happen and would be sensible is sky shopping will be removed or reduced on selected routes like UK routes and promoted on other routes like Spanish/ Portuguese/ Greek flights etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The flights I've seen the highest amount of Sky Shopping tat sold on are EU city break routes. Young couples buying each other awful jewelry. UK routes I'm sure it'd make more money to swap for more food carts.

Also, the scramble when people realised that the Ryanair flight to Basel/Mulhouse/Freiburg I was on was coded to BSL not MLH/EAP was amazing - don't think anyone had any idea they could get duty free. They ran out of smokes!

Arrivals duty free in BSL is cheaper; but you actually must leave to Switzerland to use it; onboard people taking the French exit could still buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

There’s nothing you can buy from duty free that’s not cheaper in most countries
    Ie cigarettes on the canaries flights. In Portugal you can buy cigs and booze as cheap as duty free at the airport. Passengers have changed too, personally I can’t be ars*d lugging duty free around ( especially as there’s usually a price war between the local supermarkets at Christmas and Easter).

Now, if you could buy medicines as cheaply on board as Spain and Portugal.................:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

I’ve flying to LCY with 2 and 5 year olds. Of course they’ll be glued out the window. Would rows 11-14 to ok? No seat map for the RJ85 on seatguru for EI but seems fine on af.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Does the EI website not show a seat map when you book? My recollection from a few flights on the type is that the further forward or towards the back you are, the better,as the wing and engines occupy much of the view for the middle portion of the cabin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

EchoIndia wrote: »
    Does the EI website not show a seat map when you book? My recollection from a few flights on the type is that the further forward or towards the back you are, the better,as the wing and engines occupy much of the view for the middle portion of the cabin.

Yup and there is a row in there with no window or a very limited window.

When are you flying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Yup and there is a row in there with no window or a very limited window.

When are you flying?

Tomorrow rows 11-14 are free on one side and 12/14 on other.

Af says row 6 is no window but could it be different on ei?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Trampas wrote: »

I’d say it’s the same, EI charge for first 8 rows, so you won’t have too much choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Trampas wrote: »

Put the flight number into seatguru.com and you'll get a review. its fairly accurate and marks the seats with issues such as no window or a toilet next to it.

geecee wrote: »
    Hi Smurfjed
    Curious as to why you want to avoid the Emirates A380s?
    I usually go out of my way to make sure I am on a A380 and not a B777 when on Emirates?

Also what is their sequencing number that distinguishes the B77s from the A380s? (I tried to look, but I can't find any pattern!)

The main reason for avoiding them is WAKE TURBULENCE, see the following article about a Challenger that flew under an A380 off the coast of Muscat.
    https://www.flightglobal.com/picture-inquiry-details-turmoil-in-wake-hit-challenger/124056.article

For the A380 destinations around me, I know the flight numbers such as EK802-806. Having found myself in a 69 degree wake induced bank (following a 777), its something that i treat with the utmost respect.

Apologies for the drift.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

smurfjed wrote: »
    The main reason for avoiding them is WAKE TURBULENCE, see the following article about a Challenger that flew under an A380 off the coast of Muscat.
    https://www.flightglobal.com/picture-inquiry-details-turmoil-in-wake-hit-challenger/124056.article

For the A380 destinations around me, I know the flight numbers such as EK802-806. Having found myself in a 69 degree wake induced bank (following a 777), its something that i treat with the utmost respect.

Apologies for the drift.

It sounds like one of you is referring to avoiding A380s as a pilot of another aircraft, and the other referring to avoiding A380s as a passenger!

^^^^^^^

Correct.

EIN2395 XFW2030-2140DUB 32Q EI-LRD

Any estimate of when EIK will join the fleet? I’m guessing our heads up will be when MSN 789 goes into a paint shop.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 9 EIMH

Any estimate of when EIK will join the fleet? I’m guessing our heads up will be when MSN 789 goes into a paint shop.
    It appears to have done a test flight in Doha today. maybe an indication of a further step in the process

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-aeh#2400bc24

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Aviation2K16

EIN2395 XFW2030-2140DUB 32Q EI-LRD

Currently on route to DUB now. Its due in approx 21.20.

Is LRD’s first flight still SNN-JFK?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement