Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

roundymac wrote: »
    Do EI own CPE out right. I know it's an old aircraft but why scrap it, could they not sell it on.

The best offer was probably from a scrappage crowd,I've seen 8 year old A320s scrapped that surely could of been sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

CPE is a good aircraft, I'll be sad to see it go

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MoeJay

roundymac wrote: »
    Do EI own CPE out right. I know it's an old aircraft but why scrap it, could they not sell it on.

CVA was put up for sale, there were no takers, hence DET was released and CVA rejoined the fleet. Older 320/321 not that easy to offload!

MoeJay wrote: »
    CVA was put up for sale, there were no takers, hence DET was released and CVA rejoined the fleet. Older 320/321 not that easy to offload!

Where did DET go?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MoeJay

Returned to lessor, now with Brussels Airlines...

• Advertisement

Since IAG are taking over Aer Lingus, and EI will join back into the one world alliance, do you think we will see any OneWorld liverys on EI aircraft?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

TheFitz13 wrote: »
    Since IAG are taking over Aer Lingus, and EI will join back into the one world alliance, do you think we will see any OneWorld liverys on EI aircraft?

Very possible I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭zone 1

is there going to more aircraft for EI with the AIG merger .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

zone 1 wrote: »
    is there going to more aircraft for EI with the AIG merger .

Maybe they will offer aircraft insurance!

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Maybe they will offer aircraft insurance!

:):) Is that Timmy Dooley???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

Which EI A321 was out of service for months last Spring? I can't remember if it was EI-CPG or EI-CPH. Thanks.

www.thelingussource.com

Here you can monitor the EI fleet which posts updates about aircraft.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Babestress

I never understood what was wrong with EI-ORD that they had to go and scrap it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Babestress wrote: »

EI-ORD was an early build A330, originally delivered in 1994 to Air Inter as F-GMDD where it was used on regular domestic short hops in France. It had a low take off weight and high cycles so wasn't ideal for long haul flying, Aer Lingus had actually put it up for sale but very there was very little interest so it was scrapped.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

In addition to the high cycle/low MTOW I believe it was the aircraft that encountered severe turbulence a few years bck which did some damage to the airframe. It was rectified but still something a possible buyer/leaser would take into account.
    If memory serves, it ferried to the scrappers yard from Bordeaux, where it had been for its C Check.

Does anybody think EI will install PTVs on its short haul fleet? I don't see why it's not a good idea, carriers in the U.S. Use it and it seems like it's very popular

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Does anybody think EI will install PTVs on its short haul fleet? I don't see why it's not a good idea, carriers in the U.S. Use it and it seems like it's very popular

Do the US carriers get much additional revenue out of it?

I've never seen anyone swipe their card to get access to the TV on the US domestic flights I've been on. I'm sure some people do, but I'd be curious to know if it's worth it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

adding weight, increasing fuel costs, another system that needs to be maintained/updated!

I doubt it.

Most of their flights are way to short to justify the cost and added weight of IFE on short haul ! I would say the majorty of EI short haul flights are under 2hrs , in the US internal flights are regularly 4/5 hours+

What does IAG have? Expect a level of service similar to theirs on future aircraft.

• Advertisement

Will Aer Lingus ever get any a340s?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

No hope in hell. The A340 is not a fuel efficient plane and is being replaced by the A380 and A350. Emirates and others are getting rid of their A340's.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

As above, not a chance.

large twins are the future for all longhaul flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Why do you think that they should? What would be the advantages of the A340 over a A330/350?

They are long and it would be good to have some 4 engines in EI.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Lockheed

I much prefer the idea of profitability, thank you very much.

Well EI ain't going to take the hit in the pocket just because something might look nice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Are you trying to help the flight attendants exercise by giving them a longer aircraft? What do you think would be the advantages of 4 engines?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

Yes, unfortunately the A340 ceased production a few years ago, 2009 I think.

It seems the future of 4 engine jet flying is becoming increasingly rarer.

The 777X will surely kill off the 747-8I (777-300ER also helped to stagnate 747-8I sales), and the A330 (-200, -300X effectively made the A340 obsolete).

Personally, I would love to see a 340 in EI colours, but that is never ever going to happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

Tenger wrote: »
    In addition to the high cycle/low MTOW I believe it was the aircraft that encountered severe turbulence a few years bck which did some damage to the airframe. It was rectified but still something a possible buyer/leaser would take into account.
    If memory serves, it ferried to the scrappers yard from Bordeaux, where it had been for its C Check.
    That's right ....over Iceland...report attached

http://www.aaiu.ie/node/524

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement