Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

Is EI-DEI going to be painted in IRFU colours? And if so when?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

TheFitz13 wrote: »
    Is EI-DEI going to be painted in IRFU colours? And if so when?

Yea it is! 1st week of Oct unless it's changed itl be close to it

Bussywussy wrote: »
    Yea it is! 1st week of Oct unless it's changed itl be close to it

It's been in the fleet some time now! Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

With the A319 based at SNN leaving next month (Replaced with an A320), will that A319 be based at Dublin or Scrapped/Sold?

Carnacalla wrote: »
    With the A319 based at SNN leaving next month (Replaced with an A320), will that A319 be based at Dublin or Scrapped/Sold?

Return to leaseholder i think,think its EPS first to go,is that an Iberia??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Are they 319s being replaced with the Little Red 320s?

Locker10a wrote: »
    Are they 319s being replaced with the Little Red 320s?

yes,DEI will go into rugby colours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

I think they're all ex IB. I'm told they were a bit cramped with legroom etc. not a shame to see them go.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

man98 wrote: »
    I think they're all ex IB. I'm told they were a bit cramped with legroom etc. not a shame to see them go.

I was on one back from FAO last year. .. very very cramped. I was surprised how tight it was and I'm only 5'9

• Registered Users Posts: 25,328 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Very cramped. Didn't enjoy flying on them at all. Any update on what's happening with the A321s. That is an aircraft I do like. Paying that bit extra for 10a was always worth it for the unlimited leg room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Strumms wrote: »
    Very cramped. Didn't enjoy flying on them at all. Any update on what's happening with the A321s. That is an aircraft I do like. Paying that bit extra for 10a was always worth it for the unlimited leg room.

321's will be in the fleet in 2016 so would expect the same 3.

2 319's will depart in a few weeks, no 319 ops at DUB this winter last time I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Lovely legroom in the first few rows of the A319s as they are still in business legroom config. That I will miss!

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    321's will be in the fleet in 2016 so would expect the same 3.

2 319's will depart in a few weeks, no 319 ops at DUB this winter last time I checked.

CPE Is going if its not going on lease

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

Believe it is going soon enough. It's seen better days!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I see, will see how many are planned for S16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭john boye

Won't EI miss the extra capacity of the 321 if they're down one next year, especially on the busy sun routes?

john boye wrote: »
    Won't EI miss the extra capacity of the 321 if they're down one next year, especially on the busy sun routes?

Yes I imagine they will miss the capacity ! Also if there is to be a consolidation of DUB-LHR flights between the EI and BA the 321 could come very handy on that route to keep capacity

Wonder if we'll see EI make any orders for new shorthaul aircraft

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

You would assume they would be looking for a replacement a321? in the report last year the number of a321s was to go up to 6 ? All eyes on Willie Walsh and his announcement in November(?) Regarding EI and future plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

My father works for Aer Lingus, and he told me he missed a meeting about 2 weeks ago, in relation to aircraft orders with IAG. He said that some of the A350s that EI have on order could be going to BA, and we will get A330s instead.
    I'm not too sure about the short haul fleet, but some of the 320s on order with the IAG Group are being allocated to Iberia, Vueling and BA, and it is more than likely that EI will get some too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Airliner World (Oct 15) has an article on Wizz Air possibly buying A321NEOs, the potential deal also includes the latest Airbus Cabin Flexconfig of 239 seats. IIRC EIs current A321 are 212 seats. Unless I'm missing something that's going to be a very cramped plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭aviator7

Razor44 wrote: »
    You would assume they would be looking for a replacement a321? in the report last year the number of a321s was to go up to 6 ? All eyes on Willie Walsh and his announcement in November(?) Regarding EI and future plans.

I can see them being replaced alright eventually. Either way they are very high on hours and cycles, heavy maintenance is getting very expensive by all accounts.

Im guessing with two a330's on the way they will use them to put extra capacity on some more European routes in the summer like they are doing with faro and Malaga, so it's hard to know if they need to be replaced just yet.

I can't see any 321's arriving this year anyway. Maybe in 2017.

roundymac wrote: »
    Airliner World (Oct 15) has an article on Wizz Air possibly buying A321NEOs, the potential deal also includes the latest Airbus Cabin Flexconfig of 239 seats. IIRC EIs current A321 are 212 seats. Unless I'm missing something that's going to be a very cramped plane.

The new Airbus flex cabins are discusting! Avoid !!! Far too many people in a confined space, good luck going to the toilet , I really hope EI don't opt for this .....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Easyjet going to this flex config for their A320's it seems. Looks to involve moving the jacks to the back wall with a much reduced galley space

http://www.airbus.com/presscentre/pressreleases/press-release-detail/detail/easyjet-agrees-with-airbus-upgrade-services-for-the-retrofit-of-up-to-105-of-its-a320-cabins/

http://videos.airbus.com/video/1362303a455s.html

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Razor44 wrote: »

EI have very firmly stated that the A321LR interests them. However whether this 'interest' changes under IAG is yet to be seen,

As for the EI A350's going to BA or IB......personally I feel that EI will benefit from using the A350 on their SFO (and LAX?) routes, leaving the East coast routes with the A330neo perhaps. Airbus are planning dual type rating so it is possible to have a 4/6 split. Personally I can't see IAG hampering the EI cost base on their West coast routes just to get their hands on 9 extra A350's.

But, we'll all find out once Willie starts talking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Current rumour on the line is that it could indeed be swinging back to 330s. Presumably the new variant with increased mtow. Will have to wait and see what uncle willy announces.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

The PRM system look very innovative would be great if some of the "local operators" wouldn't offer similar facilities for reduced mobility pax.

Mind you, we're more likely to get the v2 system where it looks like you'll need a tin opener to extricate yourself from of "The Jacks". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

New cabins to feature six more seats and maintain current passenger comfort
    I always love this statement as its always guaranteed to be untrue!

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/EasyJet_Airlines/EasyJet_Airlines_Airbus_A320.php

Seatguru shows that they can just remove the toilet and put in two rows of seats, but now the aircraft goes from 3 toilets down to 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

ohigg84 wrote: »
    My father works for Aer Lingus, and he told me he missed a meeting about 2 weeks ago, in relation to aircraft orders with IAG. He said that some of the A350s that EI have on order could be going to BA, and we will get A330s instead.
    I'm not too sure about the short haul fleet, but some of the 320s on order with the IAG Group are being allocated to Iberia, Vueling and BA, and it is more than likely that EI will get some too.

I told you to keep it under your hat son......:mad:

• Advertisement

basill wrote: »
    Current rumour on the line is that it could indeed be swinging back to 330s. Presumably the new variant with increased mtow. Will have to wait and see what uncle willy announces.

Really hope this doesn't happen, I'm looking forward to seeing the green A350's

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement