Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

A330s make sense, they can do the West Coast of the USA, why drag extra cost; ie; maintenance etc on yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

roundymac wrote: »
    A330s make sense, they can do the West Coast of the USA, why drag extra cost; ie; maintenance etc on yourself.

A350's are bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

Because the A350s have extra capacity that Aer Lingus, even if they deployed them on JFK/BOS/ORD/SFO would easily be able to fill. I'd rather the total seat number went up even on low-risk routes like the above, than not increasing it by just sticking to the A330s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

I'd say the new 330s will be the 242t IGWs.....surely this will see the west coast with a 300?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

EI did a costbase analysis of the A332 vs A333 vs v A350. It was in their investor presentation 12 months ago. If the A332 had a nominal cost per seat of '100', A330 was '93' and A350 was '87'.
    The same analysis mentioned the A330neo (pre official launch of the model)....but this was then discounted as an option in their FY14 results last March.

A350 has 15-20% less fuel burn than the current A330, carrys more pax, and will be dual rating as A330/A330neo. EI had been looking at the 'Regional' version of the A350...which would reduce engine maintenance s well.
    A330neo only offers 12-15% fuel burn saving over the current A330.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

I'd say the new 330s will be the 242t IGWs.....surely this will see the west coast with a 300?

The current 330-300s saw the west coast for a short time earlier this year when DAA was operating for Novair and the winter heavy maintenance programme was in full swing so there weren't enough 200s to cover the schedule. The earlier 330s which are all coke cans by now didn't have the legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 STEVE35

The A330-300 have been doing the west coast, was on EI-ELA coming back from San Francisco in february this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

STEVE35 wrote: »
    The A330-300 have been doing the west coast, was on EI-ELA coming back from San Francisco in february this year.

Only on a few select occasions, not the idea aircraft to operate the route as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Anybody any idea what's down to operate EI147 on Tuesday? PM me if you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Anybody any idea what's down to operate EI147 on Tuesday? PM me if you prefer.

Most likely DUO, off chance LAX.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

Yuup it's DUO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

EI-DUO as predicted. Cheers folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭john boye

Don't know if it's been mentioned but A319 EI-EPS was withdrawn last week

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

john boye wrote: »
    Don't know if it's been mentioned but A319 EI-EPS was withdrawn last week

Anything being withdrawn today? An ex virgin A320 just positioned from Shannon to Dublin there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭aviator7

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Anything being withdrawn today? An ex virgin A320 just positioned from Shannon to Dublin there.

That was down in Shannon for painting.

The four Virgin aircraft are now back in the Aer Lingus fleet.

Apart from the A319 it was just EI-CPE (A321) Planned for retirement this year.

I think they're gonna stretch some more life out of it now it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

EI-CPE had a major check last winter.

Doesn't feel old onboard, no strange noise or vibration. The only give away to age is the large patch just forward of the L2 door

The engine shutdown last week doesn't appear to have been a big issue as CPE was back flying next day

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The A330 production order spreadsheet that's shared on airliners.net has two, presumably IAG slot, new A333s down for Aer Lingus in the short term, roughly 60 line numbers from now. Think the production rate is 9 a month at the moment so this would be in time for a May route launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

Just saw else where on the net, that while EI have two new 333s on the way, IAG have given there a350 oder to IB? Anyone know if this is true or just rumour?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

Razor44 wrote: »
    Just saw else where on the net, that while EI have two new 333s on the way, IAG have given there a350 oder to IB? Anyone know if this is true or just rumour?
    L1011 wrote: »
    The A330 production order spreadsheet that's shared on airliners.net has two, presumably IAG slot, new A333s down for Aer Lingus in the short term, roughly 60 line numbers from now. Think the production rate is 9 a month at the moment so this would be in time for a May route launch.

Some slot moving about by IAG - great to see them moving so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

EPR is gone this week/early next week.CPE still planned to go.isnt included in winter schedule

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

IAG have given there a350 oder to IB? Anyone know if this is true or just rumour?

IB are receiving their own A350s before EI, would be surprised if they swap EI slots around, EI will need them in 2018 as some aircraft are getting on a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

My gut feeling is that the AL 350 orders will be shared out amongst IB and BA. I can't see us heading east unless Willie can negotitiate something with Cathay/One World given the formers plans to fly into Dublin and that would be about the only destination where I could see a 350 proving itself. The 330 in all its current versions is more than capable of serving the route network of AL. Sure there are fuel savings to be made etc but fleet decisions are now made across the group as a whole. Whereas IB and BA have a truly global reach and operate into airports where increased performance is required. This is not the case with AL. Be a shame if I am proved right as we were all looking forward to getting our hands on some new metal but time will tell.

Razor44 wrote: »
    ......IAG have given there a350 oder to IB? Anyone know if this is true or just rumour?

Currently just a glass half empty rumour. However as basill points out it does have merit. IAG will look at the needs of all companies under their control. The EI orders are for the Regional version but this is just a software issue, those frames can easily be changed to IB and/or BA specs.
    Personally I think EI need the A350 Regional version to improve their product. The A350 would allow the introduction of a Premium Economy/Economy Plus cabin. And while EI will probably never head East again they could serve more Mid-West and Pacific coast desinations in the next 3-5 yrs.

They have been flying the A330 for 21 yrs now. Not getting the A350 will stretch that out to 30-35 years. Granted the A330neo is a far cry from the likes of EI-CRK, EI-JFK, EI-ORD and EI-DUB!! (MSN's 70, 86, 59, and 55, respectively)

Any idea where to get that spreadsheet. Can only find up to MSN 1690 on planspotters.net:
    https://www.planespotters.net/production-list/Airbus/A330?p=25

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Khuitlio

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

EI-DEG is not showing up on boards, any idea why that is?

jgfhgjk wrote: »
    Why were EI-DVF and EI-DET sold?

Probably shorter lease's than the rest of the fleet. Might have had less favorable terms so EI happy to let them expire and go back to leasor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

TheFitz13 wrote: »
    EI-DEG is not showing up on boards, any idea why that is?

In maintenance since end of august

jgfhgjk wrote: »
    Thanks. I know I'm being overly inquisitive but any idea why EI-CRK, DUB, SHN and JFK were retired?

Old, and far less legs than newer A333s. They couldn't make it to the west coast of the US, for instance. All 4 are still plodding away elsewhere I believe.

Old, and far less legs than newer A333s. They couldn't make it to the west coast of the US, for instance. All 4 are still plodding away elsewhere I believe.

ORD has been scrapped
    JFK is in storage

Other two are still plodding along

• Advertisement

ORD has been scrapped
    JFK is in storage

Other two are still plodding along

ORD wasn't in the four he mentioned :p

Didn't know -JFK had been stored but at this stage all four are well past it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement